Getting into trouble

wablestomp

Well about a month ago I was in New Orleans at a paraide when i went to my car and was looking for a pack of cigs when 6 unercover police officers rolled up on me and grabed me out of my car. They must have been looking for some drug dealer or something because they had no mercy they put me in hand cuffs and up against my car without any reason. They then proceeded to ask me what i was doing so I told them and guess what they did not belive me. So they went to searching my truck tore the damn thing completly apart. Guess what they found two small joint roaches I had no idea were in there so off to jail i go.

The other day i get a letter in the mail telling me i need to go to diversion and take a drug test 3 times a week and attend classes to TEACH ME what im doing wrong and how BAD pot is for me. Sound fair to you ? the roaches could have not even been mine but for then beeing there i now have a MJ charge on my record and have to take drugtests and classes to TEACH me. BS im not taking the classes and im going to fight it in court but i just cant get over how I was doing nothing wrong and now i have to dish out $$ to get bailed out of jail more $$ for the classes and even more $$ for the drug test and if i want to fight it guess what even more $$$ F them I will smoke till the day I die and they can just keep trying to get more $$ outa me.:Rasta::Rasta:

You gave them permission to search? You need a good lawyer. Check out Norml's website, they may give you one for free.

No i sure did not give them permision. Also yes I am going to get a lawyer but man 2 roaches = almost $2,000 how great is that gotta love the war on drugs aka give the gov money !!!:Rasta:

It's true money is the root of all evil if only there were a society where everything was equal would realy get us out of the $ is the only thing that matters situation. I was at a festival this past weekend an some realy nice hippy people came to talk to me and we smoked by the camp fire and talked an come to find out there is a "tribe" of people in the national forests and they call themselvs the "rainbow people" I am trying to research there main base camps because I would love to go visit them it is a society that is built on equality and trust nothing but love and peace. The gov keeps trying to run them out saying if there is more than 60 people its illegal without a permit. But they keep finding new places they belive they are the 144,000 mentioned in the bible that god will come back for :) If things keep going this way I will be out there with them the GOV can have ther Fing money I will go live in peace with people who care about other people and not about money.:Rasta:

Sirtokalot may be right, it could take a long time. but don't give up,wablestomp. they had NO RIGHT to search your truck!!

The rainbow community and way of life is cool as shit. I've been to their gatherings, but sadly, society and the law usually breaks it up, and makes them move on.

Without probable cause the police have no right to search. The police do have the right to pat you down for a weapon... but that's it! They cannot search you, your car, your home or your belongings unless there is probable cause, a search warrant has been obtained for a premisis directly naming the items to be seized, or you have given them permission to search.

Some exceptions:

-Anything in plain sight is fair game, as the 4th Amendment only affords us the right to secure our possesions from illegal search and seizure. In the eyes of the law, plain sight is not considered secure.

-If you are on a probation or a parole program that dictates you must consent to police search.

-Drug sniffing dogs, which do not qualify as a personal property search. Even if you refuse the search a drug dog can be used and depending on it's reaction probable cause can then be established or refuted.

Based on your story, the officers course of action does constitute an illegal search and seizure and if your lawyer can prove there was no probable cause to search then your case will be dismissed. And yes, it is ALL about money. :peace:

I hope you win man!
I fuking hate pigs that do this to people that smokes bud!
They should do something useful for once in their life! Like catching a child malester or a rapest!
But no! They waiste there time catcing the real bad guys (stoners) fucking idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom