Gimik

Hi Everybody! Welcome to my 2nd grow attempt =)

My goal from this journal is to get feedback from the community and help me become a better grower through asking questions and taking advice from you guys!

First off some information about my grow:
Genetics: I am growing three different genetics (Gorilla Glue #4 / GG#4 x White Widow / GG#4 x Cheese) The seeds were purchased from Expert Seed bank.
Medium: I am growing in Soil -- Fox Farm Ocean Forest w/ added perlite
Pots: I will be growing in 5gal Smart Pots
Lighting: 4x 288.2 Quantum Boards w/ LM301b diodes (Currently 18" from seedlings @ 90w draw)
Tent Size: 4x4x6.5

This grow is going to be different from my last for a couple reasons..
- I am starting from seed as opposed to clones. The whole process of germinating seeds, sowing them and hoping they sprout was completely new to me and had a lot of trouble getting any seeds to pop. Attempted to germinate 7 seeds and only got 3 to pop so far (<50% germination success not great).
- Last grow I used a large LED panel with monodiodes which could easily burn plants and generated a lot of heat (relatively) this time around I'm using LM301b diode boards so I'm still tinkering with light distance/intensity. I've been getting a lot of stretch from my seedlings while I dial this in which worries me a bit. Any recommendations as far as distance and wattage for quantum boards?
- I am attempting to use less synthetic nutrients. I have some left over AN nutes that I plan to finish off this run but I will be primarily feeding Liquid Seaweed and URB Natural.

If I think of any other information I will update this original post!

Picture Time!
GG#4 Day 13
GG#4.jpg
GG #4.jpg

GG#4 x White Widow (Day 4)
GG# 4 x WW.jpg
GG#4 x WW.jpg

GG#4 x Cheese (Day 3)
GG#4 x Cheese (2).jpg
GG#4 x Cheese.jpg

AN Nutes.jpg
Nutes .jpg
20181210_124121.jpg
20181210_124129.jpg

Good morning everybody!

So I watered the girls yesterday because the red solo cups were feeling really light. I watered with distilled water but didn't pH. Today I wake up to the biggest plant looking completely sad and its leaves drooping drastically. What might have caused this and what to do?

It doesn't seem to be discolored or dying + the leaves aren't curling so I don't think the light is too close... When I lifted the cup there was a pool of water trapped underneath and more water drained from the soil while I was holding it so I'm guessing the drooping is simply due to overwater/not good enough drainage. Guess time will tell.

20181211_113332.jpg

20181211_113327.jpg

Hey guys back with another quick update!

The other day I wake up and check the plants like I always do. This time when I unzipped the tent there was a rancid smell and I noticed on the biggest plant the GG#4 there was this mold looking stuff on some of the lower leaves. I ended up cutting the affected leaves off and then sprayed the plant with a mix of Neem Oil and RO water. Fast forward to today. The plant I treated with neem oil seems to have regained his natural smell and the mold like stuff has seem to disappeared. However, now theres this yellow substance on some of the leaves and one of the big leaves on top is completely dried out and brittle to the point that pieces of the leaf have broken off by themselves and fallen to the soil. Can anybody help me identify the problem? It seemed to really have happened after watering the soil but idk.
20181214_113755.jpg
20181214_113752.jpg
20181214_113809.jpg

The other two girls seems to be doing fine however. We germinated two additional seeds and are waiting for them to sprout, we have them under plastic baggies to help maintain humidity. Currently I'm living in AZ and the humidity has been getting as low as 33%. It's been a real struggle to keep humidity 50%+.

I'm waiting for the soil to dry out more completely this time around so I don't mistakenly over water again. Will post an update when its time to feed. Most likely going to do some Calmag/Liquid Seaweed and URB.

20181214_113815.jpg

Attachments

• 20181214_113821.jpg
    20181214_113821.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 20181214_113821.jpg
    20181214_113821.jpg
    426.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 20181214_113834.jpg
    20181214_113834.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 159
  • 20181214_113839.jpg
    20181214_113839.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 20181214_113843.jpg
    20181214_113843.jpg
    692.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 20181214_113847.jpg
    20181214_113847.jpg
    588.6 KB · Views: 162
Could be bugs leaving behind a substance called Honeydew(sappy). Check along the stem for very tiny white dots, could be Barnacles(bug) which are similar to aphids. Of course I am only guessing at this point. As far as the leaves I have no idea sorry :( I would just see how the new growth looks and go from there.

Hey Yall!

Another quick update....

Last night I transplanted the girls from the Red Solo Cup to their final resting place which is a 5gal fabric pot (With Handles, I Made the mistake of getting nonhandles last time and FML.) I used straight up FFOF with added perlite mixed in.

When wetting the soil I mixed in some URB Natural to my RO water to inoculate the soil. I've heard nothing but good things about this product so I'm super excited to see if it lives up to the hype. I was debating on whether to mix in some liquid seaweed but I didn't want to burn the young plants by getting overly zealous with the nutrients. Figured when it's time to water again they'll be big enough to handle the URB/Liquid Seaweed and possibly some CalMag if they need it but so far they are looking great and have responded really well to the transplant.

On to the pictures! You can see my little helper kitty - Otis - checking out the girls with me. Don't worry he's an indoor cat and even then never allowed in the tent. That was the closest I've ever let him to the door.

20181221_195212.jpg
20181221_195129.jpg
20181221_195124.jpg
20181221_195120.jpg
20181221_195108.jpg
20181221_195100.jpg
20181221_195058.jpg
20181221_195022.jpg

Hey 420 Community!

It's been a week since I transplanted the girls from the Red Solo Cups to 5gal fabric pots and man are they loving life! They've easily doubled in size and are already giving off great aromas I think I got really good genetics =)

Last night I gave the plants a good watering because the pots were feeling pretty light and they were looking a little sad. I made the mistake of waiting too long between waterings last run and I think it affected the microbial life in the soil and because I'm using URB Natural I want to ensure the microbes are as happy as possible.

I watered with Liquid Seaweed, URB Natural, Molasses pH'ed to 6.8 until I got decent run off. When I transplanted last week I only really watered enough to wet the rootball and the surrounding soil I didn't soak the entire medium so this watering I completed drenched the soil from top to bottom which should buy me more time until my next watering. I need to clean out my 3x3 tray I used in my last grow and have been putting it off.

Question: When should I top these plants? I feel like they're still a little too small and I should wait but for how long?

GG#4 (Day 30 Veg)
GG#4.jpg

GG4.jpg

GG 4.jpg

GG#4 x Cheese (Day 22 Veg)
GGCheese.jpg

Cheese.jpg

GCheese.jpg

GG#4 x White Widow (Day 21 Veg)
20181227_101403.jpg

20181227_101410.jpg

20181227_101455.jpg

Hi everybody!

I didn't realize how tough it was going to be to get views on this damn journal the moment you post it there's already 3 new journals above it lol oh well.

The girls just woke up and they were looking amazing! I decided to FIM the GG#4 x White Widow plant because it was growing very quickly and wanted to slow it down + create new bud sites! This is my first time using the FIM method last run I did the traditional topping method with great results. Wanted to switch it up this time around.

Would love to hear people's opinions on FIM'ing vs Topping and LST!!

GG #4 x White Widow (FIM'ed)
20181227_192712.jpg

GG#4 (LST)
20181227_192717.jpg

GG#4 x Cheese (LST)
20181227_192727.jpg

20181227_192737.jpg

Attachments

• 20181227_192712.jpg
    20181227_192712.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 166
I'm not experienced with fimming. I do top and lst a bit. I'll have to go back and read through your journal. I'm digging your setup :peace:

Welcome to the Journal Dankman!

I'm loving the setup as well my friend! It continues to blow my mind how small these quantum boards are they are seriously paper thin but are so bright they light up the whole room haha its crazy! I'm really glad I went with these particular boards as opposed to a clunky prebuilt COB/Monodiode LED. The fact there are no fans keeps the tent really quiet it's really only the big white fan I have that makes any noise.

I have grown GG before. My cut was a finicky one. But was sticky as hell. It also would throw nanners in the end of flower. It wouldn't have too many. Just enough to be a pia. LMAO

I have grown GG before. My cut was a finicky one. But was sticky as hell. It also would throw nanners in the end of flower. It wouldn't have too many. Just enough to be a pia. LMAO

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean "Throw Nanners" or "Enough to be a pia." Forgive me I'm usually pretty good with slang but have never heard these terms haha but I'm really glad to hear GG is a good one. the GG#4 I have was the first seed to sprout and started off strong. The fact that the GG x WW caught up and is a week younger makes me think the genetics are strong =)

Those seedlings were looking sad! It looks like this grow took off after transplant. Good work! Will be tagging along on this one and offering my 2 cents

Yeahh they were looking mighty sad =(( They had most definitely outgrown the red cups and were aching for me to up-pot them ASAP. They really perked up and especially after the last watering seem to have doubled again. Gotta FIM them in the next couple days most likely.

Those pictures of the GG look delicious :p:p

Yeahh they were looking mighty sad =(( They had most definitely outgrown the red cups and were aching for me to up-pot them ASAP. They really perked up and especially after the last watering seem to have doubled again. Gotta FIM them in the next couple days most likely.

Those pictures of the GG look delicious :p:p

Thanks :) and what he means by nanners is little male parts that come out of the bud late in flower. My cut did it too. Usually see them close to harvest and they don’t really hurt your harvest if they show up late in flower. What you should be looking for if your plants go through any stress at all in their life is right around week 4-6 flower is male bananas on the lower branches of your plants. If they show up that early your crop could be ruined as it only takes +/- 25 days for a seed to form.

Back
Top Bottom