Gitane Outdoors Version 2

Gitane

It's this time of year again! On Feb. 1 I got a few clones:
Godfather OG, Master Kush, A-Dub, Devil's Tears, Northern Lights, 707 Headband, OG Kush, Fire OG. At least that's what they were labelled.
image11383.jpeg

Instead of a 60 day veg, I wanted to go 90 day this year, so the daily ritual of outdoors in the morning, in at night under a bunch of CFL's hanging over them for the night went another month.
image11384.jpeg

Can't say they did any better than last year. On advise from one of the master grower's here at 420 (thanks to all the regulars here - I've so much just by browsing the journals and problems and pests forum) for the last 30 days I added a timer so instead the CFL's on all night, I cut it down to 6, to go 18/6. So, either that or monitoring my nutrients, the last 30 days seemed to avoid the problems I'd had in the first 60- being twisted leaves and yellowing leaves. I did notice how differently strains reacted to the same feeding schedule. You can kind of see the difference in the plants.
On 4/20 here was the line up.
image11385.jpeg

Then, this weekend I moved em outside into their 7 gallon pots.
image11387.jpeg
I made a soil mix using last years Edna's Best Potting Soil, adding worm castings, bat guano, epsom salt, domomite lime, mychorrizae. My ph tester is kinda hinky, but I'm hoping the soil is at 6.1 like the tester shows.
Time will tell. Planning on a late July harvest. For the next month, we'll be getting at least 10hours of darkness.
I tried to avoid sativa dominant strains that in past years started flowering, then put on alot of stretch and air buds. I'll be using the Earth Juice line of nutrients 1x per week at full strength.

Looking forward to watching your grow. Planting outdoors as well. Will be my first outdoor and second overall.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

I gave in and decided to do another phase 2 by growing from seed for an October harvest. Mixed feelings. Love growing more plants, hate having to do the trim.
I'm a little late this year on the germination. Just these blue dream seeds yesterday. 10 day delivery time from the UK!

image11441.jpeg

The germinated seeds were place in rockwool plugs and within three days, they had sprouted.
image11728.jpeg

So on Sunday, a planted the plugs into soil and now they are getting about 12 hours of CFL until I get a couple sets of leaves
image11734.jpeg

The plants put outside last week have just taken off and it looks like starting to go into flower.
image11736.jpeg

image11729.jpeg

Growth on the germinated seeks is progressing well. They showed their first set of leaves and are starting on the second.
image11921.jpeg

image11920.jpeg

Propped up one seedling that was falling over.
image12019.jpeg

Second set of leaves advancing, but now picking up some slight discoloration in the leaves.
image12020.jpeg

Starting to harden off the seedlings today
image12406.jpeg

Day to day growth has been good.
image12338.jpeg

Flower development of the more indica dominent strains is much more pronounced
image12351.jpeg

This A-dub must be sativa dominent. Alot of stretch and the flowers are look like they'll be pretty airy. The other, much closer internodal spacing and denser flower development.
image12643.jpeg

image12644.jpeg

All but two seem to have gone into flowering pretty well. When they went into flower on May 1, we have 11'38" between sunrise and sunset set. A month later its' 10'38". The 707 Headband is super slow to flower. The flower sites are a quarter of the size of the other plants and has underdeveloped bud sites all over, as it grows kind of spindly. Still hoping that I can get at least 2 oz out of each plant at this point, unless they rally. Expected harvest is in about 45 days. The Blue Dreams seedlings were potted a little early - the root development was less than I'd expected, but no damage was done. The one Blue Dream auto that wasn't up potted has fared the worse. The soil could be too hot as I've been really careful to make sure it's not overwatered.
image13081.jpeg

image13084.jpeg
image13085.jpeg
image13088.jpeg
image13089.jpeg
image13083.jpeg

image13079.jpeg

Mixed more soil: 5 pots - apprx 8 bags - with 20lbs worm castings, 2 cups dolomite lime 1 cup epsom salts and 4 lbs of the Organic Rose and Plant food instead of bat guano. Repotted the seedlings into 1 gallons added mychorrhizal directly to planting hold. Cloudy weather all week, but buds seem to have sped up their growth. Watering about every 10 days with full strength earth juice.
image13186.jpeg
image13230.jpeg
image13231.jpeg

Defoliated. Used Green Cleaner to attach spider mites.
image13553.jpeg

Devil's Tear showing purple
image13552.jpeg

Master Kush is full of flower sites. Hoping the next 4 weeks I'll get a big growth spurt, but the marine layer has been persistent.
image13554.jpeg

Put in two fans to keep the air circulating which seems to keep the grey mold at bay.
Should be about 2-3 weeks from harvest. Maybe sooner.
Not getting much fade in most of the plants. Probably too much worm castings in the soil mix. On the plus side not a hint of the mag. deficiency I've routinely had in the past. Yield will still likely be low - 2 oz/ plant.
Poor genetics? Got the HSO blue dream seeds now in 7 gal pots. They tout their genetics.
image13985.jpeg
image13986.jpeg
image13897.jpeg
image13896.jpeg

Nice growing, man :thumb:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom