Naunet's 3.4KW Indoor Soil OG Kush Grow - 2011

naunet

I decided that I wanted to document a few of my grows all the way through and get feedback from others on my setup. I figure I will give a brief introduction to me and then we will move on to the good stuff you see in the pictures.

I have been growing for nearly 2 years. Prior to growing MJ I was unsuccessful even trying to keep a cactus alive so had a huge gap to fill. Needless to say my first successful crop took me almost 2 years and numerous systems to complete a harvest (that was good). I completed a few crops using DWC, NFT, and a home made aero system, but switched back to soil when I moved back to the "emerald valley". My biggest mistake that stalled my success for nearly a year was the mistake in purchasing the wrong soil.... Outdoor soil does not work well on an indoor soil watering schedule hahaha. Either way after identifying my error I was able to turn my last 2kw grow into approximately 34oz. Not the greatest but made my drive go through the roof. I have since increased my lighting, locked in my nutrients a bit better, and developed a better veg system.

My current equipment list:
- 3-1kw HPS
- 1-400w HPS
- 1-10kw dehumidifier/ac unit
- 1-4 bulb CFL (veg)
- 1-30 gallon fish tank painted black
- 1-dual port air pump
- 1-circulation pump in the reservoir
- 1-6cfm propane burner
- 1-785cfm inline fan for the lights
- 1-4" carbon filter and fan for constant scrubbing of smell

Details of my layout and grow:
- My room is approximately 9.5ft x 14ft x 8.5ft tall.
- I run my room as sealed; However, the ac unit creates a constant vacuum on the room and forces air in from cracks and dumps hot air through the wall into the garage.
- I created a 4ft x 9.5ft room out of panda plastic to separate my vegetative and flowering rooms.
- I grow my ladies in 5 gallon buckets using Pro Organic soil ($22/bag).
- I am currently flowering OG Kush, Original Blueberry, Train Wreck, and Purple Passion.
- I am moving into the 8th week of my current flowering run now and expect to harvest my crop at the 63-70 day mark given the state of the tric's.
-

Acronyms I may use throughout my entries:
OG = OG Kush
Blue = Blueberry
PP = Purple Passion
Train = Train Wreck

Pictures coming in the next post. Thanks for coming to check out my journal and I hope you stay on board through the grow.

:rollit:

1-22-11 pic's of room and grow
3-13.jpg

6367.jpg

7326.jpg

The babies that we will be documenting on thier way through:
11301.jpg

1-23-11 pic's of current flowering
I dont have the build up of what these plants have been through so will just keep you posted on the next few weeks and post info on what they harvest out at... Hope I can have another nice run like this.
IMG_04989.jpg

IMG_04878.jpg

IMG_049010.jpg

Hey all that are watching/reading.

Flower:
Watered my plants in flower with just water and clearex. I'm flushing them out so that they will be ready for harvest on the 3rd. Everything is looking great and the plants seem to be yellowing a bit due to the lack of Nitrogen. I only saw some slight browning of the pistol hairs and noticed that the calyxes are swelling nicely.

Veg:
All the clones seem to be growing quickly. Most already reaching up to the 9" mark or more. I decided to not water them tonight to promote some additional root growth. The temp has been toying with me a bit but I think I got that resolved.

Clones:
I had several blueberry clones that I took but they don't seem to be rooting before the limbs fold over and they start to rot. Strange I just ran my OG clones the same way and they took flawlessly. I am thinking the lack in support from the pectin walls is being caused by decreased wind movement on the mother plant?

Well I just went and checked on the ladies. Everything looks good for today. The plants in Veg are growing well and probably between 6-12" tall. Some are going slower then the others so hopefully they will catch up. The plants in flower are still good n water and light.

I am looking for some feedback though as I am debating running my 3 1kw's in a vertitube setup and growing the plants horizontally in soil and using net meterial to support the weight of the buds. Has anyone tried this to double their light foot print? Any feedback is always welcome.

Looking awesome so far. I can't offer any advice, but I like the way your girls are looking. I hope to have some luck with a similar grow in a couple months. I am still reading and trying to learn what NOT to do.

:theband::rocker:

lol.. anything but exactly what you are supposed to.. I have never really been good at growing but think I figured it out finally.

I found that one big thing that made a huge difference for me was using "Pro Organic" soil. Great soil and you don't really need to amend it. Please feel free to hang around and post whenever.

:grinjoint:

Watered with plain water and clearex again today. Flushin em out. Set some of the smaller plants on top of old 5 gallon buckets of soil to get them closer to the light without lowering them. The clones look AMAZING and are growing like... good weeds lol. I would guess most are 9-12" tall now.

Well the room didn't require much yesterday and really doesn't need much done today. Everything looks healthy and happy. one of the larger OG's as turned pretty yellow. I think I started the flush a week earlier then I needed to. Opps.

Sorry I forgot to actually post my message yesterday. I went in and flushed the plants yesterday with more water/clearex mix. Getting a bit more yellowing on the other plants which shows me that the plants are just about there. I am hoping to harvest everything on the 3rd of Feb. Here are some pics to check out now and I will be back on a bit later tonight with more updates.

2010-30_007.jpg
2010-30_006.jpg
2010-30_005.jpg
2010-30_004.jpg
2010-30_003.jpg
2010-30_001.jpg
2010-30_002.jpg

Hi naunet

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom