CascadianDank's 2014 Outdoor Super Soil Grow

Yeah, it looks like Ca Or Mg definitely. If your soil has been recycled couple of times, you might consider reminalizing it with Azomite, Gypsum or volcanic rock dust.

This is the first time Ive reused the soil and I planned to use SRP but they dont have the high Calcium one here so I have to wait to order it in a couple weeks. Ive been using the stronger recomended dose of Cal-Mag+ for the last couple waterings and they are starting to show some growth so I think it is working. Also I have used Azomite but ran out when I made my new batch of Super Soil.

Thanks for the input. Sometimes Its hard for me to figure out whats wrong because the problem solver threads are the same one on every forum I find and none of the pics match what Im lookin at on my plants.

OK heres a few flower tent pics.

These are 3 and a half weeks from flip

Grn Crk
DSCF05563.JPG

KABOOM
DSCF05584.JPG

PKs
DSCF05596.JPG
DSCF05604.JPG

Heres the nasty lookin Tahoes

This one is 3.5 weeks also
DSCF05532.JPG

DSCF05545.JPG
DSCF05552.JPG

The 2 in this pic are 2.5 weeks
DSCF05522.JPG

Other than some mites that I keep smashin with my fingers by rubbing the leaves, they all look decent except for the Tahoes. Im gonna let them finish just cuz I want to try some Tahoe and dont wanna wait 6 months for the outdoor to be ready.

Those Tahoes are embarrassing. I wish I woulda read up more about them before planting them. These in the flower tent went from little clones to 3 ft twigs in a week and just got nastier lookin as the days went on. If anything Ill be able to make a little hash out of them I guess.

Here are a couple COPY/PASTE paragraphs I found about the strain.

OG Is one of the strongest cannabis strains in the medical marijuana community. THC contents have been tested to be anywhere from 24-28% THC. The OG grows very viney with big spaces between internodes. The OG loves feeding on calcium magnesium through out the vegetative state. One thing you must do when growing this strain is to let it veg out and super-crop. Many novice growers that attempt to grow OG result in low yields due to no low stress training such as topping or super-cropping. This is a plant that wants to grow strong for its environment so give it lots of speed bumps and physical training prior to flower.

Around the 6th week of flowering, progressively decreasing the nitrogen concentration, you want to up the levels of phosphorus and (P) Potassium(K). Week 8 you want to completly cut all nutreients and give your plants a nice flush until week 10-11 depending on how well your environment treated your plants. Week 10-11 should be the window of when you should harvest OG Kush strains.

The plants grow to a medium height with quite slender leaves and roundish buds. As they mature, the dark green buds take on an orange to brown hue. THC content is high, in the 18 to 21 percent range.

These plants were bred specifically for indoor growing where they do well with hydro or soil mediums. Harvest can be increased by trimming and topping the plants and by training the branches carefully. Flowering time is nine to 10 weeks and you can expect yields of around 300 grams per square metre.

If you want to grow this weed outdoors, you’ll need to live somewhere with a warm, sunny climate with temperatures at the southern Mediterranean level.

This is not the easiest weed to grow, but it does produce yields that are at the high end of the cannabis potency scale. To conclude this Tahoe OG review, if you’re prepared to put in some effort during cultivation, you’ll be rewarded by mind-blowing highs.

So I was reading thru S1ingblade's Hash Journal the other day.
Method 420-s1ing gets waxy

In this journal there is a video made by Frenchy Cannoli, who Ive seen many times on The Weed Nerd, on how he makes his Hash Cannolis

So I got inspired to make some Bubble Hash out of some Bud that was just sittin in the closet takin up space.
I busted up 1/4 pound of different outdoor grown strains that were good but didnt have the great taste and smell that comes from the Super Soil. I used 160, 73 and 45 Micron bags. Out of those I used the 73 Micron Hash to roll a small 5 gram Frenchy Cannoli.

Heres some pics of the process
1st and 2nd runs left to right 45-73-160
DSCF05343.JPG

This is the 3rd and 4th runs combined. 4th was next to nothing so stopped there.
DSCF05455.JPG

This is just the 73 runs which became the Cannoli
DSCF05466.JPG

3 days later and heres the process and finished Cannoli in its jar where it will age for several months. I used hot water in a jar to press then folded it back into a ball to press again. After the 3rd press I rolled the Cannoli.
DSCF05616.JPG
DSCF05625.JPG
DSCF05636.JPG
DSCF05657.JPG
DSCF05666.JPG
DSCF05683.JPG
DSCF05693.JPG
DSCF05713.JPG
DSCF05745.JPG

Havent put plants out for a few days due to cooler temps and some rain. I was also sore for a couple days after mixin dirt, weeding and just cleanin up my garden area. The last day they were out was a really nice day in the 80s according to our outdoor thermometer in the backyard but when I brought the plants in I noticed a much higher temp in the direct sunshine from the thermometer/hygrometer I use in the tent.
DSCF06092.JPG

The plants were watered that morning and didnt seem to be bothered at all.

Im gonna try using SNS again for these damn mites but get a gallon and just keep sprayin til Im sure theyre all dead n gone. Problem is I noticed our big rose bush in the garden area has them too so I may just be wasting money again but we shall see.

Heres a few pics I just took since its been 10 days now since I last showed em off. The Tahoes are lookin alot better after feedin them some high doses of Cal-Mag. I topped em and plucked all the bad leaves a week or so ago and all the newer growth looks good now.

Tahoe Clones
DSCF06294.JPG

Tahoes
DSCF06303.JPG
DSCF06312.JPG

PKs
DSCF06324.JPG

KABOOM
DSCF06332.JPG

Theres some noticeable growth but nothing major since theyve just been under the 400 for the last few days. I was planning to transplant in another week to the 7 Gal SmartPots but Im not sure Im gonna yet since I have to carry them in and out for another month before we have 15 hrs of daylight on or around May 20th.

OK its been a while but I finally got 4 plants put out yesterday and Im thinkin about putting the rest out in the next few days but theyre still little seedlings. The 4 I did put out look rough but theyre now mite free after using Mighty Wash on them twice. First time I dumped a gallon of Mighty Wash into a stock/sauce pot then dunked the whole plant into it for a few seconds and then 3 days later sprayed them. Have not seen any mite activity for a couple weeks now. Im sure I will see them again since the infestation came from last years outdoor garden but Im prepared this time. I Decided to go with 8- 30gal SmartPots and 4- 7gal ones to make my allowed 12 mature plants. I dont have room for 12, 30s or I would have done so.

I started by dividing the last 30 or so gallons worth of last years batch of Super Soil into all pots then dividing this years whole batch between them so roughly 120 Gallons of Super Soil. I then added 1 solo cup worth of Calphos and 1/2 solo cup worth of Azomite and Dolomite Lime to each 30 gal pot and mixed it all together before dividing my used soil equally between all pots. Used soil consists of used Super Soil and used Roots soil from the past year which I have been using to veg seedlings and clones without the need for added nutes. I have added EWC when going from solo cups to 2 or 3 gallon pots. I didnt in this case though because I will be adding a few microbe teas and compost teas during veg.

I then planted the plants and topped the pots off with 1/2 a bag each of fresh Roots Soil and watered with 1 gal of de-chlorinated tap water each. Heres some Pics
DSCF08201.JPG
DSCF08211.JPG
DSCF08301.JPG
DSCF0835.JPG
DSCF0839.JPG
DSCF08722.JPG
DSCF08752.JPG

DSCF08851.JPG
DSCF08863.JPG
DSCF08872.JPG

The 2 on the left, in the above pics, are the Tahoes. The middle one is the KABOOM and the right is the Purple Kush 2fer.

Heres a closeup of each.

Tahoes
DSCF08802.JPG
DSCF08814.JPG

KABOOM
DSCF08831.JPG

I snapped one of the branches after taking the pics hopefully it will mend but I dont know it might be too much.

PKs
DSCF08822.JPG

These look rough at the moment too. Im thinkin maybe too hot and not enough light under the 400 with everything else that was in there

Going to have some big girls on your hands here come harvest! Looking great over here CD :popcorn::adore:

Thanks CA. Ive got about 3 months for veg, goin by when I saw flowers last year, and 4X the soil so should be pretty decent size by then.

Ive planted a couple others since last post and will be fillin the rest of the pots as soon as I finish this 1/4 pound of Blue Dream Hash run Im doin as I type. Update coming afterwards.

Thanks CA. Ive got about 3 months for veg, goin by when I saw flowers last year, and 4X the soil so should be pretty decent size by then.

Ive planted a couple others since last post and will be fillin the rest of the pots as soon as I finish this 1/4 pound of Blue Dream Hash run Im doin as I type. Update coming afterwards.

We used the 20 gal smartpots last year and the results were definitely satisfying. The 30's should be a great show. Are you planning on lst'ing these girls down, keep em below the fence line? I would assume with the 3 months you could get a nice even canopy going on, probably fill up your entire area with some sweet scrogged beauties.. will be awesome to see how you play it out Casc!

Yea buddy, can't wait to see your next update, Blue dream hash sounds like a nice treat! Hope the process went accordingly :Namaste:

CA

We used the 20 gal smartpots last year and the results were definitely satisfying. The 30's should be a great show. Are you planning on lst'ing these girls down, keep em below the fence line? I would assume with the 3 months you could get a nice even canopy going on, probably fill up your entire area with some sweet scrogged beauties.. will be awesome to see how you play it out Casc!

Yea buddy, can't wait to see your next update, Blue dream hash sounds like a nice treat! Hope the process went accordingly :Namaste:

CA

Yea gonna keep em below the fence. Was thinkin I would top and train to get them as bushy as possible. Similar to last year only much bigger. I think last year would have done alot better also if I didnt get over ran with mites. I didnt have Super Soil either so Im expecting much better results which could screw me as far as keeping below the fence but we will see in a few months.

So this year Im trying to avoid another infestation by growing some Green Onions, Cilantro, and Dill among my Plants. I couldnt find any Garlic at the time so I dont have that yet but will be adding when I can.

I got everything planted now and am workin on cleaning out the indoor tents and finishing those 2 spare bedrooms finally after a year of having them filled with tents, plants, buckets of water and everything else I could pack in there so I didnt have to go outside to get it from the shed. Needless to say, the wife is HAPPY.

Heres a few pics I just took.

This is my Bubba from a seed found in a bud from the neighbor :yahoo:
IMG_20140528_103843777_HDR.jpg

KABOOM
IMG_20140528_103828998_HDR.jpg

PK
IMG_20140528_103833316.jpg

This is a GSC clone my neighbor gave me
IMG_20140528_103843777_HDR.jpg

GSC from seed that came from one of my indoor plants
IMG_20140528_103846352.jpg

One of the TOG
IMG_20140528_103852445.jpg

I dont remember which is which here but one is SourD and the other Super Skunk. They were my own seeds and I didnt sex them but The SD should be female as there were no males anywhere near the plant the seeds came from. The SS I cant say why but there has been a couple males found in the bunch which I thought to also be all female. I guess we will see what happens when the time comes.
IMG_20140528_103857319.jpg
IMG_20140528_103902837_HDR.jpg

Heres a group shot of that area.
IMG_20140528_103918234.jpg

These last 4 wouldnt fit in the fenced area so they are sitting next to the greenhouse in 7 Gal SmartPots
This is another SS
IMG_20140528_103926897.jpg

2 more SourDs
IMG_20140528_103932325.jpg
IMG_20140528_103936480.jpg

and finally the other TOG which I had planted in a 30 but decided I wanted one of each strain in a 30 so I moved it to a 7
IMG_20140528_103943273.jpg

I do have 2 GSC in 30s but one is a seed and the other a clone from another source so they really arent the same and could end up being completely different.

No pics to add today but I fed all plants with a microbe tea consisting of Alfalfa, EWC, liquid Fish and Seaweed, Mushroom Compost, Molasses and some Humic Acid. Theres been some growth since the last pics but Im guessin they will take off now. I still have more of the tea to add next watering too.

Heres a few links I wanted to share for whoever might be reading this.

Probiotics For the Soil: Brew Your Own Local, Indigenous Microbes - Organic Gardening - MOTHER EARTH NEWS

Improving Garden Soil: Milk and Molasses Magic - Organic Gardening - MOTHER EARTH NEWS

Creating Your Own Mycorrhiza - Organic Gardening - MOTHER EARTH NEWS

Also, sweet group shot!

Awesome links Casc.. going to try a few pointers on my garden, kudos!

Also, your plants are looking healthy as can be, great job on the dill and other plants as insect deterrents :Namaste:
That very last shot of the tog in the 7 gal, yeah buddy, she is looking sweet :thumb:

Thanks CA. Those TOGs had me wondering if they were even worth the effort but now that theyre outside and have the Azomite and Calphos added to the soil they are lookin much better. After I took those last pics I decided rather than topping I smashed the stems and bent them down on a couple plants including the TOG you mentioned. Ill get some pics once the sun is fully over the garden and the shadows are gone.

I dosed them all on more microbe tea this morning so there should be some soil activity goin on now for sure.

I got a couple gallons of whole milk last night so Im thinkin Ill spray everything down with a 20% milk mixture tonight or tomorrow night once the sun goes behind the trees.

Subbed, nice journal, glad I found it. That Tahoe OG is some amazing, amazing stuff. In SS it should end up being really nice!

Good work!

Thanks CO. Im still learnin as I go but I think this year will be far better than last year which really wasnt bad IMO. This is just my 2nd year doin outdoor and only been doin Organics since Aug of 2012 so still plenty to learn. Glad you found it too and please feel free to comment or suggest anything you think might help.

I have tried some of the TOG indoor from the beginning of this journal but Im not really pleased with the results. The mites and lack of knowledge of the strain really did me in on those but it is pretty potent even though it was harvested early and never grew to its potential.

Back
Top Bottom