Method 420-s1ing gets waxy

s1ingblade here,
sWeetP wanted her freezer back so I decided to take a semi-day off and run the new "Bubble Bags" brand extraction bags.
I figure why not turn todays fun into a learning lesson? I text my young and strong patient (card-carrying) who has designated me his caregiver to come help me and lets see what kind of medicine we can come up with and give the bo$$ back her freezer:high-five:

I used one pound of frozen A+ trim of the recent HSO Pineapple Skunk Harvest about 10-14 days ago. there was four paper bags folded up, each one was one days "Keeper Trim". Zero Fans and nothing but resin coated material, as tight as we trim most of it is small clipped off flowers
Well lets see some pics
DSCN90242.JPG
DSCN9026.JPG
DSCN90171.JPG

So this is the third time I have used water and ice to extract the trics off of the frozen (fresh) trim, a few 5 gallon buckets later and with the 190, 120, 90 and 45 here and my 5 gallon Bubble Magic washer we came up with Success!
The 120 and 45 did the best, was strange how the black 75 bag hardly caught a thing
DSCN9029.JPG
DSCN9028.JPG
DSCN9033.JPG
DSCN9032.JPG
DSCN9031.JPG
DSCN9030.JPG

So 29.8 grams of wet medicine later and I'm so hooked I felt inspired to share what I have learned today and create what will be my new way of using up my trim instead of taking over her freezer.
Feel free to post your questions, pics and experiences here and I'll make sure to come back in a week with dry weights and pics along with a smoke review
s1ing

Sling....

Ok, so you got my attention. Just got through watching that vid "How to make Bubble Hash" and would like to try if I could store up enough dry weight.

1lb of dry...dam...lol. I will never get that kind of weight....don't want to get that kind of weight...lol.

But going forward if I were to increase my play time (yield) to the point that I could, how long could I freeze the dry till I can get enough weight to try this?

How much weight (minimum) do I need?

And where do I get the bags in the mean time?

I'm old school and remember those good ole days of some good old fashion hash and would love to sock away this class for a later time and date.

That's it for now...lol.

Renegade

Hey man its not a pound of dry, it was taken off the sled I trim above, bagged up and straight into the freezer. I'd say its a quarter pound of dry weight.
They even have bags as small as 1 gallon bags
Ive seen and used cheap 40 dollar bags I got off of the big auction site and I'd have to say I'd rather hear you got the cheap ones vs. none at all. I think the better ones will be a little easier to use but last alot longer. I spent a good hour today cleaning them in between runs and at the end to put em away nice and clean. Nothing like not being able to use them once your ready.
I spent $245 bucks on an original 8 bag set of headies "Bubble Bags". you know it by the trademark cartoon pic of the resin glands and want them as nice and clean as possible the next time I'm ready to work with them. The 140 dollar 5 gallon washing machine is the same as the 87 dollar one straight from china just has a sticker on it. You can use a wooden spoon and a half an hours elbow grease. I found that my #3 strain did its best with the Orange 120 micron and the white 45
I will be keeping track of what bags did best with each strain

:lot-o-toke:
Hey man its not a pound of dry, it was taken off the sled I trim above, bagged up and straight into the freezer. I'd say its a quarter pound of dry weight.
Ive seen and used cheap 40 dollar bags I got off of the big auction site and I'd have to say I'd rather hear you got the cheap ones vs. none at all. I think the better ones will be a little easier to use but last alot longer. I spent a good hour today cleaning them in between runs and at the end to put em away nice and clean. Nothing like not being able to use them once your ready.
I spent $245 bucks on an original 8 bag set of headies "Bubble Bags". you know it by the trademark cartoon pic of the resin glands and want them as nice and clean as possible the next time I'm ready to work with them. The 140 dollar 5 gallon washing machine is the same as the 87 dollar one straight from china just has a sticker on it. You can use a wooden spoon and a half an hours elbow grease. I found that my #3 strain did its best with the Orange 120 micron and the white 45

Nice s1ingblade, please keep this post up and add to it as you go, that way when I'm ready it will be here. Maybe a little more Itemized for the rookies out there. Damn selfish of me.

nice run sling i did a ice water run not to long ago and i still like the dry ice way better i get alot more gold, but i was still happy with this method despite it being alot more work and mess, but a classic method you got a great yield bfam :rocker:

I also LOVE the dry ice method but IMHO the quality is hard to compare to the final product of the two, then again let me cure it for the rest of the month and Ill do a smoke review vs my kief that I do really love to make and bake.
The Bake comment reminded me I have a brand new magic butter maker, anyone have a good idea to use the remaining material after Im done with it? I noticed when I cleanup up the mash still had lots of crystal stalks. I gave it to my patient who has knowledge of alcohol extration and we all know s1ing dont drink.

I'll try to explain it better with less "Lingo"

Sling, please keep up with the details...lingo. It helps us all follow along.

So question.... And looks like someone else eluded to it... What do you do with all that mush? Is it smokable? Any use at all?

Renegade

Trich, put "Bubble Bags" on the shopping list. One of the videos I watched talked about cheap ones verse the more expensive ones. I'll figure which one when I'm ready to pull the trigger.

Thanks for the info....

Renegade

All ya'll are so welcome.
I'm super busy trying to get the still functioning Ranch project to the point where its job is supplying my outdoor project and get to the new project and finish it so it is providing all the plants to reload in its bloom room. Short story long my veg is still a storage room in the shed.
ill be back with more extraction methods, currently shopping for a vacuum chamber so I can get some gas and make some shatter, last time I had a hard time getting rid of all of the butane.
Id love to be able to get ahold of LP Liquid Propane without the smell additive? Any ideas guys?

SO I took a look at the ice wax and what weighed in at over an ounce of first run (2nd run is way green) when it was wet. It weighed in at almost 21 grams like 20.8 or something. I will keep better track of the amount of "fresh frozen" material i use and how much (dried) I net. Then simple mathematics will give an accurate % of return. Shatter aka BHO might provide a higher sought after product that might be worth more but for me the simple fact of adding nothing but H2O makes a HUGE difference in what I am willing to medicate with on a constant basis. I would like to know how much safer shatter is after it ran thru a vacuum chamber? Sure do like the stuff :)

If I can get some of this congestion to ease up a bit Ill do some good work tonight, might have to have a Non-Wittbag kind of night and thats no bueno around HERE!

So I have a chance of being able to pick up some Gorilla Glue #4 which is a 2014 cannabis cup winner! The pics on other servers are so amazing looking its unreal! I have heard of glue before but not the GG#4. If i can get them I know they will be a hit with the bags. Im like a kid hoping Santa shows up XMas eve lol

:lot-o-toke:ROAD TRIP!!! I love road trips, I'll bet you didn't go above the speed limit. lol

Some really nice looking bubble sling. Since I knew I wouldn't have a huge yield or a huge amount of trim with the smallish size of my "operation", I opted for the 1 gal set of 4 bubble bags. No machine to wash them, so I just do the wooden spoon + elbow grease method. I've tried it a few times and have used most all the "lesser" screen sizes. The 45 micron bag yielded the highest amount for me too and I have it all curing in some "No Goo" containers.

From all the reading I've done, they say if using prime material (fresh frozen choice trim or even bud) you should get 10% return. I can't say one way or the other myself as I didn't weigh my trim and I also had some fan and less-desireable trim in mine. I think 10% is high for me as I got my bags just so I could use the whole plant and only made my bubble from waste and leftovers. If I ever had an opportunity to run more than a couple plants in a grow, I would definitely grow one just for hash production and probably do some small-scale dry-sifting.

One tip I will pass on from doing bubble is to remember while trichomes are unharmed by water extraction, some of the terpenes ARE water soluble and if not removed from the water fairly quickly your bubble hash can lose some of the terpenoid profiles that dry-sifting won't lose.

Also, I've not done more than a single wash (the two times I made bubble anyway) and I've tossed my plant matter after each extraction. I just didn't want to have to mess with the mess, but maybe I should look into it more closely next time.

P.S. - If you plan on letting it cure a bit, I strongly recommend freezing your patties and running them on a microplane onto cardboard for a few days to dessicate all the remaining moisture. My first run, I froze it and broke it up (no microplane at the time). The second run I froze and microplaned and left it for 5 days on the cardboard. It is clean, dry and has the consistency of course sand now.

Thanks for the info Gov,
Yeah I picked up a zester that looks like dudes microplane but dont know and still havent tried. I want to first secure and area that is safe from young paws and will not be in jepordy of being knocked around. Yeah try the 2nd run for nothing other than cooking or? My patient loves the greener 2nd run stuff.
I would like to spend time researching the more scientific areas of cannabis, the terpines and different compounds. So how does BHO/Shatter compare terpine wise?
Thanks cheez

Back
Top Bottom