Made a mistake, any THC left?

StonyGeoff

I'm almost too embarrassed to ask, but I've got some stuff and I'm wondering if there's any point to me keeping and attempting to use it. After having to pull my plant early :( I chucked most of the bud and leaf trim, freshly cut straight off the plant, in my bubble bags. Yep bad idea. After running them through and realising that I'd made a mistake, I collected what I could and chucked all the trim into an old margarine container and put in my freezer. I'm wondering if there's any point to keeping this trim in my freezer. Would there be any THC left in it? Any oil? Any trics? Keep in mind I did NOT let it dry before using my bubble bags, but the material did however get a nice bashing in the bags and was left sitting in water for quite a while. I was thinking of attempting to cook whatever I could out of the material into butter and making something to eat, but that's only a thought. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it..

edit: Can I dry this stuff out and try the bubble bags again? Should I dry it before attempting to cook with it? Should I just cut my losses and move on? I just pulled the frozen bud/trim out of the freezer and it smells so good :p There has to be something left in it, so I don't feel 100% completely dissappointed from this first "learning experience" harvest of mine.

:peace:

PS, new clones coming in 2 weeks :ganjamon:

did you get anything from the first run? most likely your not going to get anything from the trim that has been run once already, but if you have the time might as well put it through again and see what happens. :)

It would be worth trying to make honey oil out of it. Costs hardly nothing and you will end up with some hash. I get about a gram of hash per ounce of shake. Veery smooth smoke.:grinjoint:

Put it in the oven at about 250 degrees for about 15 minutes. This will activate the weed. Then just grind it up in a coffee grinder. I made wmy extractor out 1 1/2 inch pvc pipe about 16 inches long. It will hold 5 ounces of weed powder and I can get 5 grams of hash. I really like doing this way and smoke is soooo smooth.:ganjamon:

Last night I managed to find some stainless steel from my local hardware (+ everything else that exists) store, plus I picked up a small hose-clamp and a 4-pack of rubber tips that are used as feet for various things. I build such a cool little hash tube, I'm going to try and get some photos up here actually, cos it's just so cool :p

The tube I used was actually a stainless steel bathroom towel rack piece, 1m x 19mm only cost AUS$10. I used a hacksaw to cut about a 9" length of the tube for myself, I plan to build a few extra devices with the remaining tube I have left over and give them out to my stoner mates as gifts. Or maybe trade them for a bag of weed each lol :laughtwo:
I bought a small hose-clamp for $2.50 and rubber tips were about $3-4 I think. I used paper coffee filter and a section of window fly-screen material for 1 end, clamped it on there, filled the tube with material (which I dried in a 200*F oven for about an hour, cos it was really wet cos I had it in the freezer) I filled it a little at a time, stopping to pack it down and when I plugged the other end with a rubber tip and used ductape to make it airtight. Also I used a pocket knife to make a small hole in the rubber tip and inserted a plastic adaptor tip that came with the butane aerosol can. This method didn't work for me the first time I tried, I didn't pack it down enough, but the second time I did it I packed it down plenty and it worked great! The oil was okay, nothing special, but there wasn't much left in the material to work with and my plant wasn't quite as mature as it couldve been when I harvested it.

I'm looking forward to trying this with some really good bud! Next time I get my hands on an oz of some decent smoke I'm giving this another go!

PS everyone be safe with this method of course. I did it outside to minimise the risk of bad things happening. Oh yeah, the stainless steel tube gets REALLY cold, so I had to hold it with over mits while I was doing it hahahaha.

Back
Top Bottom