Gleipnir's 1st Grow Attempt

Those twilight seeds look amazing.. that purple hue is ridiculous! Can't wait to see what you do with em gleip :high-five:
Purple oozeage huh.. I've never heard of something like that.. Let me do some research and I will return :Namaste: CA

So i did a little research. Seems alot of people get this when they are topping their plants. What I think it is, is the plants "blood", very nutrient rich vegetables for a fact are darker in color, this could be the fact. Let some more experienced growers chime in none the less, but that's my two cents :thumb: I think it is normal and you shouldnt stress too much. & if it is smelling super danky, well, prepare for some smelly tasty buds!! :high-five: Good goin, gleip!!

:blunt:CA

Thanks everyone for the answers to this puzzling question. :Namaste: I did a little of my own research and I believe it might be something called Anthocyanin (Anthocyanin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). The same stuff that makes blueberries blue. Apparently depending on the ph level it can take other colors as well.

Richly concentrated as pigments in berries, anthocyanins were the topics of research presented at a 2007 symposium on health benefits that may result from berry consumption. Laboratory-based evidence was provided to demonstrate potential health effects against:

>cancer
>aging and neurological diseases
>inflammation
>diabetes
>bacterial infections
>fibrocystic disease

I wanted a plant to make edibles from, guess mother nature answered my plea aye?

Anyways here are some pictures of my babies today:

20130614_111303.jpg

^^^
Purple ooze plant
20130614_111242.jpg

20130614_111235.jpg

^^^
Plant with funky looking leafs is the problem one that fainted and had crumpled fan leafs.

*Been working on getting those bottom stems up to the canopy level. They are getting there slowly but surely.

*Sadly I'm almost positive that middle one is a male. It's pretty tall, but the main stem isn't any where near as thick as the others and it refuses to grow more branches at the nodes.

*Also working on making that side room (door in closet that goes under 2 floors of stairs.) Into a perma veg room for a mother plant, so I can clone that purple oozer.

*I hate to toot my own horn, but I think for a total and absolute noobie I'm doing pretty good. :p :peace:

@CA215 - Man I hope I can pull off a good grow with those seeds. I know that strain is made for outdoors, but I bet I can tame it in my 7ft tall closet.

@CA215 - Man I hope I can pull off a good grow with those seeds. I know that strain is made for outdoors, but I bet I can tame it in my 7ft tall closet.

Good goin on the research with the purple ooze, knew it was something along those lines :high-five: BTW your plants are growing super fast!! Just went back and checked the pictures from 5-24, they absolutely love you :goodjob: Some big freakin fan leaves too, sweeet :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm sure you can pull it off gleip, any plans on how many twilight beans or if you will include some of the free regs you got your hands on in your next grow? Keep up the good work gleipnir, :peace: CA

:Namaste: I sure hope my plants love me, because I sure as heck love them. Thanks for the compliments :thanks:

I plan on growing 4 of the twilight seeds and one power plant. I plan to focus on trying to find the perfect genetics for future breeding. My dream is eventually creating my own unique strain (as is every growers dream). So I'm starting with 100% strains and will hybrid them slowly over time.

Sounds like a great plan sir, any chance on keeping a clone of each plant for further experimenting later down the road? No 12/12 this week due to topping, ya holding off until you start seeing some nice veg growth to flip? Or hold out and keep em growin?? :bravo: Bottom left plant in your photo is filling out nicely :headbanger: CA

Going to let them veg 1 week for every top I do, so they can fully recover. So they are going to veg another week or two before flipping. I plan to make the oozer a mother and hope that trait is passable by breeding, because I had to break out the ona gel to keep the smell down when topping it.

I just hope i can pull 3oz off this grow to last me through my second.

Going to let them veg 1 week for every top I do, so they can fully recover. So they are going to veg another week or two before flipping. I plan to make the oozer a mother and hope that trait is passable by breeding, because I had to break out the ona gel to keep the smell down when topping it.

I just hope i can pull 3oz off this grow to last me through my second.

Good thinking, I would also let them go another 2+ weeks to be on the safe side and shoot for a steady transition into flowering. Will be nice to see how the purple oozer turns out, sounds like a great contender :bong: You are running some bag seeds at the moment correct? Fingers crossed for some pistils for you budd :high-five: Good vibrations your way gleip! :allgood:

Yep bag seed so i expect 2 or more to be male (Hell all of them could be), but the only ones showing classic signs is the one in the middle: Slinky, Vert growth is way faster than its counter parts, no real foliage even after topping and waiting 2 weeks. I just hope I can pull something over an oz. Thanks for the vibes I'm going to need it going into flowering. :Namaste: :peace:

This is my plan:

- Wait 2 weeks for recovery. (That puts them at a 42 day veg time)
- Transition light schedule from 18/6 to 14/10 for a week.
- Transition light schedule from 14/10 to 12/12 for 9 week flower period.
- Add some sweet sweet un-sulfured molasses to my water on occasion.
- Play the waiting game and hope for the best!

My motto is shoot small and don't get your hopes up, so anything else is a huge surprise. :)

Yep bag seed so i expect 2 or more to be male (Hell all of them could be), but the only ones showing classic signs is the one in the middle: Slinky, Vert growth is way faster than its counter parts, no real foliage even after topping and waiting 2 weeks. I just hope I can pull something over an oz. Thanks for the vibes I'm going to need it going into flowering. :Namaste: :peace:

This is my plan:

- Wait 2 weeks for recovery. (That puts them at a 42 day veg time)
- Transition light schedule from 18/6 to 14/10 for a week.
- Transition light schedule from 14/10 to 12/12 for 9 week flower period.
- Add some sweet sweet un-sulfured molasses to my water on occasion.
- Play the waiting game and hope for the best!

My motto is shoot small and don't get your hopes up, so anything else is a huge surprise. :)

haha, just wait til you smoke your own grown weed.....nuthin like it!

I know, at times I can't wait! I'm so very excited :) :thumb:

I have small speakers and a mp3 player hooked up to play good vibe songs to them. I feel their growth has shown they like it :) Normally it's Hendrix, Led Zep, Beatles, Grateful Dead, and Marley.

So what is the best setup for a small 2-3 plant perma veg room? My current closet is my veg/flower room. Should I buy a tent to keep a mother plant in? What is the best style of light to keep on my mothers? Sorry I didn't originally intend to make a mother of any of these plants. Now I want to keep that purple sap gene alive even if it's a male. I plan to take pollen samples from the plant if it is male, and I plan on making it a mother if it is female. What to do!? I'm looking into a small home made tent and this: HTGSupply - Complete 8 Site Cloner Bucket Kit any input would be awesome! I may sound slightly experienced, but I still have tons to learn :)

Damn this hobby is addicting... Cannabis not so much, but growing hell yeah. I could only dream of rubbing elbows with cannabis cup winners(pineapple kush comes to mind), but man do I want to be there. If anyone at a dispensary wants a worker I might be your man because I got the itch i can't scratch! :p

**Sorry I'm on some really good headband hash today.

go with t5HO a 200+ watt unit, it'll will keep her happy. I have a 4' 4 bulb unit that I will be using soon, as soon as I need to bring the moms in(they are outside vegging under free light). if you don't want to run it at 200+ watts then remove a bulb or two, voila, you now have a lower watt veg light with the ability to provide more light in the future when she gets bigger and bushy, or you want to have more than one mother. I also have some t8's that will used as the holding area for the cuttings that I will take,after they root in the aero cloner under the two 15 watt all blue LEDs High Power Spot lights from AdvancedLED, putting them under the t5HO's would fry the cuttings. That's just one way.
I do recommend a tent for the moms, the lights are bright.

Thanks for the compliment. :thanks: I intend to transition them slowly. They have 2 weeks of veg left to recover from topping. Then they sit a week in 14/10. After that week is up I will change it over to 12/12 and wait 9 weeks for harvest. Trying to simulate the transition into fall and not stress them too much.

the cloner is not a bad deal and it would work, the package deal is a good price. if you have a hole saw kit, a glue gun kit and the other parts you could build that system in only an hour. i still have not done a DIY for my Fog Cloner yet, but i feel it provides the best root and plant growth.

Back
Top Bottom