Gnats gnats gnats

CannaVince

Hey all I need some serious help with my gnats problem! I've tried many things! I've got 4 girls ready to harvest in 3 weeks and have been vacuuming and spraying and everything my gnats! I've tried all the safer stuff, red pepper stuff and my bloom box is like a hospital so is very clean! I'm growing obviously in soil 5gal and don't want to switch to hydro! Pleeeeze I need some more suggestions on this issue!

Often with Gnats the flying ones are the problem its the larvae in the medium. I used H2O2 and that cleared everything right up.

It actually is good to use even after the bug problem is gone because it provides O2 to the roots.

That should solve the problem...if you don't want to try it you can put sand on the top layer of the medium. But in my own opinion H2O2 that can be picked up at the local grow store is the best answer.

Thanx mucho hash it's worth a try I will let you know amigo.

Looking forward to hearing from you...

Real quick..do you notice that the gnats tend to "sleep" or rest in the soil and fly up when you water or agitate the soil/plant?

If so you'll notice a difference in no time...

Good luck

They are all over they only fly low you know! I vacuum them all up then more hatch! Ive used sand and it doesn't matter! I bought the 3% h2o2 and am gonna use it tonight! They are resting for the most part I suppose! I vacuum then water then revacuum!

I got there reg one! Is it not gonna work?

Look online I think it will nut you'll need more. I'm sure what kinda of access you have to "garden" stores. But they have a super concentrated bottle. This us what you want to implement in your regular watering. When I get home ill send you the name/link to a webpage so you can purchase if you are not close to a retail store.

You can also purchase some FLY PAPER to catch the flying ones. I'm talking about the NON-TOXIC type that is simple an adhesive with an attractant. Just a cardboard tube with the glue on it, and held together by a plastic dispenser, kind of like an air freshener.

Cleared up a moderate gnat problem I had during my last harvest in my Bloom Room.

Thanx hash and thanx golden im trying the h2o2 . I will report if it has gotten any better tomorrow morn guys! Puff puff pass Amigos

Thanx hemptress will try one!

Hey hash whats good ! I did use the h2o2 and it did work some what! Ima choppin those bithces down now as week speak so thanx again my man!

My bloombox and producer did the same thing until I got these little white covers over the rockwool, i still get a few gnats but its alot better, the gnats grow in the algea on the rockwool because light hits it. at least thats how i see it.

Whats good CV!!!
Hey man, with a personal experience from this part, do the fly paper trap, but also, get a bowl of Vinegar and top it with some plastic wrap, then poke little holes in the top and set it in the room with the ladies, I read in a Hydroponics Maximum magazine that this will help with gnats, it also recommends that you should also take the first 1" to 1 1/2" of soil off the top and throw it out!!! did it with my WW grow and it worked just fine, problem was that they came back, just did it again, and didnt have to worry cus it was that close to harvest, but after the last time, I didn't see anymore.
Now it being summer time, they are in my house again, but, my room is a cool 68 degrees and the gnats i dont think can survive in there!!! LOL getting the room ready for the new grow!!!

Hope this helps my good man!!! I'll be watching!!!

:peacetwo:

Astonr whats the word!!!! wow the vinegar and wrap effin sweet! Thanx amigo im gonna keep that in mind! My last two girls are about to harvest so im gonna keep vacuuming! Ha those bugs have eating alot of my time up thats for sure! Thanx again my man!

Do you have CO2 tank in your grow room? If not, you can get some dry ice and put in your grow room to kill the bugs. You need to increase the CO2 very high, no venting/exhaust for a day. Be sure to seal up the room even the a/c vent. Be careful when using CO2 at high dosage, it is very dangerous. Also, the plant will love the CO2 while killing bugs. Win win situation!

Note, to eliminate the bug and its generations you need to keep releasing CO2 consecutive days.

I just started devoloping a small gnat problem, I wasn't going to worry too much about it because I am 3 weeks or so til harvest, but like usual (for me anyway) the 420mag community is there with a solution. A big thanks to all who give their time to answer questions. And a big :thumb: to this thread.

Yo yo yo 1212 and daze than for the info! Ya the co2 is gonna work next time for me I just got my girls out of the bloombox and cleaned up those buggers! I'm gonna grab a 100lb co2 tank from my job and do the rest of my rooms! Thanx again guys and ya this thead should eventually help everyone with a gnat issue! 420 mags DOPE!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom