Going to start,do i have this right?

inutero11

ok,so ill be starting a plant soon. ive been told organic is the way to go,best taste and potency. it will be in a say 3'X3' area....im gonna type what ive found so far,just correct me if you find something wrong please,thats what im looking for to make sure i got it down before i start.

i am going to use a regular flower pot,and ive read up on the soil and i need to find something with sand in it and sponge rock or pearlite. ph should be between 6.5-7.5 and have hummus in it...the flower pot is going to be big enough to fit this area.

ive read to introduce fertilizer after about 3 weeks,diluted in water and gradually give more,after 1.5 months start spraying on the plant itself.first 3 months fertilize every few days?

as for lights,if i got with a very high output light,i figured 120 watt light will be good for this 3'x3' area...if i go with high output 90-100 watt light should be good? i think im gonna go with the VHO light since i herd that they grow the fastest and best?

i think i might go with a 24hr light schedual for the first 3-4 weeks,then 18/6 for 3-4 weeks...then 12/12 or 10/4 for budding? and last week 8/16

for watering im just making sure that the soil stays moist evenly?

for curing i think i might go with uprooting the plant,hanging upside down for 24hrs,then putting in paper grocery bag for a few days then air tight jar for a little while. is there a way i can clip the plant,get some buds off cure them and keep the plant growing more???

basically after doing research this is the method i found to do....im not sure eggs-actly what ill be growing,maybe g13,saw these "bubblegum" seeds,i dont know but yeh correct me if i need it or let me know if im on track with that stuff,thanks

You should only fert every other watering, and only water when the soil is dry, when it statrs to pull the dirt away from the sides of the pots there in.

Also what size pot are you going to use? follow the rule of 1 gallon per foot, so if you have a 1 gallon pot your plant is not goin to get very big, about a foot tall.

if you can get some 90 or 100 watt vho floros, those will work great.

And don’t forget you need a fan to circulate air

You need an enclosure that's light tight and paint the interior with flat white paint.
Start with Fox Farms Ocean And Forest potting soil, or a local brand that has stuff in it like bat/bird guano, seaweed/kelp, worm castings, hydrated lime, mychorrizae and perlite.
Get a good organic fertilizer. Fox Farms fertilizers are excellent.
Use 2.5 gal.--3 gal. planters. Use 9 of them, 1 plant per container.
Start the seeds in peat pucks, discs that expand when placed in water. Plant each seed 1/2" deep, on it's side. As soon as the seedling breaks the surface of the peat, transplant to the containers.
If you use the amended soil like I suggested, you won't need any veg nutrients until you change the light cycle from 24/0 to 12/12. Use for the first 3 weeks then switch to a flowering nutrient.
Only 3 types of light work for growing pot--fluoro's (poor but do-able), MH (good for veg, not so much for flowering) and HPS (the King of lights).
In a 3' x 3' space you'll want 6,000 lumens per sq/ft. (lumen amt's are printed on the light bulbs). For a 3' x 3' space a 400-watt HPS is good, an upgrade to a 430-watt full-spectrum bulb is ideal.
Get a pH tester and pH up & down.
Provide lots of fresh air, such as intake & exhaust fans.
And put an oscilating fan inside the growspace for air distrubution and stem strength.
When the plants are sexually mature (exhibits alternating nodes, usually at 4 weeks of veg) switch to 12/12.
After 3 weeks of 12/12, switch to a flowering nutrient.
When 75% of the bud hairs have changed from clear/milky to red/brown (about 2 months of 12/12), harvest, slow dry and cure.

But before you do any of this, read a grow book or 3.

inutero11 said:
for curing i think i might go with uprooting the plant,hanging upside down for 24hrs,then putting in paper grocery bag for a few days then air tight jar for a little while. is there a way i can clip the plant,get some buds off cure them and keep the plant growing more???

basically after doing research this is the method i found to do....im not sure eggs-actly what ill be growing,maybe g13,saw these "bubblegum" seeds,i dont know but yeh correct me if i need it or let me know if im on track with that stuff,thanks
RD got all the specifics down, really knows his stuff and i think it was him that talked about harvesting the plant in stages. cutting off the top buds and letting the bottom buds grow out for a few more days. get a microscope to look at trichs to get the exact date to cut.
if you plan on growing dank plants like bubblegum youre going to need an odor eliminator. carbon scrubber would work best.
good luck with your grow, keep us posted on how its going:bong:

Back
Top Bottom