Good Morning from PA

alicepart2

Good morning everyone! Skinny version - I have recently begun to build custom grow boxes for friends, and have been utilizing one myself. The wealth of info on grow boxes and 'farming' is amazing! I actually had to stop my information overload. Personally I only indulge only maybe once a month, but became interested in the growing side of things as I have a few friends and family members who use it for medical reasons. I doubt if anytime soon it will be legalized in 'The Quaker State' anytime soon - but I have gained a serious interest in learning to grow myself. I currently have 1 gb running, and have 5 plants that have been successfully vegging for about 2 months. I am now starting to build a 'production' box, so that I can take my little 'bonsai' trees and flower them (my current box doesnt have the height I need). I have been experimenting on each with several techniques ie: lst, supercropping, bending, cloning, etc. Well now my 3 week old clones need more room, so its time to make some bud.

Anyways - I have been coming to this site for a while looking up info, and finally decided it might be nice to be able to ask stupid questions and tap some more experienced growers heads.

So - Good Morning!
:Namaste:

I lurked in the shadows for a long time, but i really learned a lot more once i actually became a member not to mention all the friends i have made :D. Welcome and enjoy the community.

Green

Outside of Parkesburg ... below Coatesville. Lived in Kennett Square, PA for many years (so I have access to good feed) ... where in DE?

Outside of Parkesburg ... below Coatesville. Lived in Kennett Square, PA for many years (so I have access to good feed) ... where in DE?

Kennett Square is where my grow shop is.. im in the new castle area..

:welcome: to 420magazine... :roorrip:
Lot's of good people here to help with the new climate... :yahoo:
Smoke one and enjoy the site... :rollit:

MV... :popcorn:

i see you been doin good, you need to come check my second grow out when ya get a minute bro, let me know what ya think.. :tokin:

Thank you guys for welcoming me here! As soon as I figure out how and where to start my journal and post pics and be able to get some feedback, which is much needed!!! I found some Q/A's of a thread by Sukafr33's First Indoor Grow- CFLs, Bag Seed (All Different Strains), DIY Grow Cab, so I took the liberty of copying those questions and answering them below. Any comments would be appreciated, and when I figure out the journal and pics thing, I will post my growbox and children! Peace out!:peacetwo:

What strain is it? : Not sure ... one was from a different stock than the other four (total 5 plants - all seeds germinated and sprouted!)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? : Best that I can tell is the one is Sativa, and the others are Indica's.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? : They are all just chillin' 'til I can build a production box.
If in Veg... For how long? : They sprouted all the same day ... since March 10th, so almost 2 1/2 months.
Indoor or outdoor? : Indoor in a DIY bureau with top and bottom sections.On nice days I let my kids out back to play in the sun!
Soil or Hydro? : Soil.
If soil... what is in your mix? : When first moved to soil I used some old topsoil from an outside plant, mixed with some dark dirt from the cornfield, several handfuls of some neighboors garden soil,along with with some peat and perlite. Then when I transplanted to 2 gl pots, I used some organic potting soil mixed with some MG garden soil. Due to my cabinet size (and some bad construction info), I can only really accomodate 3 big pots ... so one of the pots has 3 which have never been separated. I call them my triplets!
If soil... What size pot? All are in 2gal pots (see above). Wish I had the space for 5 gal pots!
Size of light? : It varies. Generally I usually have 10 (+/-) 60watt cfl's in the top half (which only holds 1 pot), and bottom half its generally +/- around 12 60watt cfl's and 2-3 100watt cfl's for the 2 pots. I use the Y splitters all over the place to move lite around, and I often rotate the plants from top to bottom cabinet.
Is it aircooled? : Muffin fan in bottom for intake, a muffin fan passing from bottom to top, and a muffin fan for exhaust. Each cabinet also runs 6 inch personal fans for wind.
Temp of Room/cab? : At night about 68, and in the day between 75-85.
RH of Room/cab? : It bounces between 40 and 65%
PH of media or res? : Not sure
Any Pests ? : A four leaf clover showed up! lol The only other pest is when my housemates dad wants to come down into my basement! Ha!
How often are you watering? : I use a moiture meter thingy ... usually they each drink about 1 half gal every 3 days. Depends on how often they go outside.
Type and strength of ferts used? : Varies ... I had to do a flush on one that seemed to have an overload of nitrogen. On another for some reasonm seemed to show signs of a magnesium def, so I used a 1/4 tsp of epsons. 1 week ago I gave them each a watering of a 10/10/10 that I used at 1/4 strength.

Back
Top Bottom