Green tea

paynefreak2

So I just made some bud tea and I used about 7grams of stems (various buds from kron to regs) but only used about 1.5 cups of water and about 1/4 cup of milk (for fat soluble). Boiled for about 5 mins with stems and water then added the milk and continued boiling for 10mins. After straining I had about a cup and a half of water/milk/thc mix and I brewed it with 2 green tea bags. Do you guys think it'll be strong?

Re: Green tea :)

I did something similar a few days ago, and experienced some very mild but yet good effects. How strong was your effects? I didn't use nearly that much milk, but I only brewed one cup. I used a tea ball, and boiled the water, poured it over the tea ball with the herbs and milk inside the glass and let it sit for about 10 minutes. I am going to try your way soon, with the green tea bags mixed in. I used broke up buds and left in the stems, though I have heard you only need stems for this.

Did you notice how long it took to take effect? I'd say about half to one hour for mine, and it was a very mild pleasant effect.

It took about an hour but a had a mild to strong body high for about 3hrs. I think I'm going to wait to collect like a half oz of stems before I brew it again. It tasted very good after I brewed it with the green tea bags. There was just the right amount of milk to give it a sweet, smooth flavor.

Depends on how much you want to make and what you're using to make it (stems/bud/leaves). I only wanted to make one strong serving so.....

1st: I put about 1.5 cups of water in to a small pot and let it boil

2nd: After the water was boiling I added my stems, about 7grams worth but if you're using bud I would suggest only using about a half 8th. I let the water boil with the stems for about 5 mins.

3rd: I added a 1/4 cup of milk (because you need some fat source to suck up the thc) and let it continue to boil for about 10 more mins

4th: I strained my water/milk/thc so that there was no stems and I proceeded to brew 2 green tea bags for another 5 mins. After that I took the tea bags out and enjoyed it :)

It's not very hard to do but I see how you could screw it up. If you want to make a lot, say 4 cups worth, I would use between an 8th and a quo. I would also only use about a half cup of milk.

I used buds, about as much as I would for a regular size doobie for just one cup for myself. I left in the stems and broke it up and put in a tea ball. A teaball is like a strainer that snaps shut so you don't have to worry about straining afterwards, and they're only like $2 depending where you go to get it. The only thing I did different was I boiled the water first then poured it over the teaball with herbs and let them steep/soak for like 10 mins. I've always heard you're not supposed to boil the buds because it could burn up the thc, this may be different with only stems though, and I don't know if that is true either. I just didn't want to risk it! I'm going to try again soon, with more milk (you can use any kind of milk/cream/etc as long as it's fatty). I'll let you know how my next batch turns out!

Thanks for this post Payne!

Ok, I took about 1.5 grams dried buds broke up in a grinder and put in a tea ball, boiled some water, poured about 1/8 a cup of whole milk into a coffee mug, put in the tea ball with the herbs, 1 green tea bag and poured in the boiling water. I let it steep/soak for about 10-15 minutes, I stirred it around every now and again. Drank it, started feeling a little of the effects about 30-45 minutes in but it didn't fully kick in until about an hour and a half to 2 hours later. It lasted at least a good 8 hours, but I went to bed so I don't really know exactly how long it could have lasted. It was a very nice feeling, different than smoking but very pleasant. I think I might like the tea better than smoking, plus it's healthier way of doing it. I personally use for medicinal purposes so it worked out great. I liked it and recommend everyone give it a try!! :)

oh the only reason i thought half/half is because it has more fat and i kinda thought more fat would = more thc absorbed into the tea, but i may be wrong ya kno

oh the only reason i thought half/half is because it has more fat and i kinda thought more fat would = more thc absorbed into the tea, but i may be wrong ya kno

If it's got more fat than it would probably work better than milk. The original recipe I used said to use cream which is also fattier than milk. I put my recipe up earlier if you need it for reference. I wouldn't alter the ingredients or any other part of the recipe except use your half/half rather than milk it should work out just fine.

Cause the longer u boil it the more thc u draw out?

I don't know about that. My recipe says NOT to boil the actual herb itself, just bring the water to a boil and then pour the water over the ingredients in a cup/mug or whatever your using and let it steep anywhere from 5-15 minutes. Worked great for me!!

Back
Top Bottom