Greenhouse question

Dragonchaser

What kinda results would one expect growing under
greenhouse film? Is anyone aware of a chart that
rates the lumens of different mils of film? Common
sense tells me the thicker the film the less lumens.

I have a secure greenhouse that I've had for a few
years now to start early gardens and no one ever
goes in there. I have a door on one end that locks.
So I was thinking of growing my girls in there to
keep it out of sight. Even with a cross airflow from
the fans is does get a little warmer in there than
the outside air temps. But I wont be rolling up the
sides because I want to keep a visual barrier.
I started seedlings in there but never kept a
full grow in there. What do you think?

I had good results last year in a greenhouse with the opaque ( milky ) double wall plastic covering. The buds were a little wispy due to less light but less obvious in our greenhouse. I had to open the door every am & lock up every pm to get more air and keep temps in check but I live in Calif foothills where 105 F is possible. This year I'm going with a dog kennel ( 10 X10 ) with either slats for screening or shade cloth zip tied to the wire. That way they are open on top for air plus more light = denser buds while still locked up.

How tall are they?

I have a damn medvac helicopter the flies right over my
place sometimes. They might see mine if I go open top.
Bet your bottom dollar they'd snitch me out.

I had good results last year in a greenhouse with the opaque ( milky ) double wall plastic covering. The buds were a little wispy due to less light but less obvious in our greenhouse. I had to open the door every am & lock up every pm to get more air and keep temps in check but I live in Calif foothills where 105 F is possible. This year I'm going with a dog kennel ( 10 X10 ) with either slats for screening or shade cloth zip tied to the wire. That way they are open on top for air plus more light = denser buds while still locked up.

ventillation is the key. i grow under the same scenario in canada, and have had over 100 degree conditions in the greenhouse already this year. exhaust the heat from the top and bring fresh air in the bottom. buy a reverse acting thermostat to control your exhaust fan, build louvered intakes, and build everything so you cant see in from the outside. am battling spider mites right now, the heat can sure make thrm multiply. i covered the clear greenhouse panes with a clear mactac film that you cant see thru. found that at the local hd. :peace:
have found automatic vent openers to be a great help for roof vents.

Back
Top Bottom