Greetings fellow stoners

GeezerGriz

I was blessed with a number of birth defects. My spine didn't form properly and was disconnected at the fifth lumbar. Also my feet formed with the bones fused together so they could not flex. My feet and my back finally gave out about the same time ten years ago. My spine was fused but they said nothing could be done for my feet short of a transplant, something they have never done. Unfortunately the defects caused me to develop neuropathy. I finally had to quit my job and go on disability.
To counteract the impressive pain that came with the defects I have been prescribed lovely stuff like morphine, Fentanyl, Lyrica and several others. The drugs turned me into a zombie. I could barely stay awake, I had no appetite, which was for the best because the drugs dried me out so much that I had to eat stool softeners like M&Ms and am still bound up like the mathematician who had to work it out with a pencil. It also gave me dry mouth so bad that in eight months my teeth started breaking and six months later I didn't have a tooth left. I had gotten an upper denture at eighteen because my upper teeth had no enamel.
I came of age in the sixties and was introduced to the drug culture. I tried many things in a search for something that could give me some relief from the pain from my back. I found the psychedelic drugs quite interesting, speed helped with cross country drives but I could find nothing I liked about downers. They certainly helped with pain but the side effects were terrible. I hated downers, they were for people who running away from life but I loved life and wanted to experience the full range of experiences so I avoided the stuff. I even quit alcohol when I realized that it too was a downer.
I chose marijuana as my drug of choice and have never regretted it. Pot had a strange effect for me. To explain it I used to tell my friends that with weed I still had the same pains but they didn't hurt. The pain sensation was still there but it was more like white noise. This was on your basic street smoke, as I tried better quality smoke even the white noise went away.
My state finally passed a medical marijuana law but it is a bad law that was written to fail. I haven't even bothered to sign up even though I am eligible. Instead I have put all my faith in Colorado and politics. Forty-some years ago a couple of states started a lottery to raise funds. Pols in my state couldn't get to a microphone fast enough to proclaim their love of Jesus and hatred of gambling. One after another swore that they would give the state back to the Native Americans before gambling would be allowed.
Then they saw just how much money those lotteries were raking in. A year later our own lottery opened for business. Next came riverboats and just like before the legislature went all holier than thou right up to the time they licensed six boats. Now we have video poker machines everywhere but in church.
I fully expect that once the numbers are crunched our elected leaders will follow the natural course and we will have legal weed for all. They will never allow home cultivation because how do you tax that?
I once owned a place in the country and for ten years I grew some delightful marijuana. I have been having a hard time finding a source of medical smoke, not being able to get out much so I purchased a grow tent and an LED grow light but the damn morphine makes it almost impossible for me to produce a crop. The stuff has messed up my memory terribly. Not only do I forget things but far worse, I develop false memories. I would distinctly remember watering the plants only to find them drier than a popcorn fart. The last try I didn't believe my memory and I drowned the poor things.
Twice in the last few years I have found growers who were nice enough to offer me medical grade marijuana at a rock bottom price but both of them have moved to Colorado. I would too but I have two great grandsons, four and seven, that need me. Their mother is nuttier than a pet coon and just about as vicious. Their father is in and out of prison on a regular basis. Because of this my wife and I have had the kids much of the time and I can't leave them until they are old enough to fend for themselves, another twelve to fifteen years probably. Being sixty seven now, I'm not making a lot of plans for fifteen years in the future.
Those of you who are fortunate enough to have a supply, take a big hit for me the next time it gets to 4:20. Perhaps it will cruise through the ozone and somehow do me some good.
Happy trails.
Geezer Griz

I will gladly do that for you... I'll blow it into the sky and the moons rays will bless you with its Stinkiness. I'm glad you've found something that helps your pains. It's a sad story to read, but you seem to have the jump on life. Your strength is very uplifting, God bless you for being there for the grandkids. Hope to see you around the forums, thanks for sharing with us.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

I thank you folks for the kind words, they help more than you know. There are many people who do drugs but only a portion of them are what I think of as Stoners. I have found stoners to be some of the best folks you'll ever meet.

Back
Top Bottom