Grew for Seeds - Now the Fun Part!

MisterFlora

Hey all, first post here. Was an active member of another cannabis forum years ago, but decided to pick up in here after enjoying so much of what I've read.

On to business - this past summer my boyfriend and I grew some plants outside from seed, 2 strains. One was from a regular green crop, and the other, interestingly, was from a beyond-regular purple crop. Of the purple stuff, the handler told us it was "Purp" (which, don't they always), but whatever it was it was 100% amazing smoke so we were very interested in achieving some.

We grew 1 Green (A) and 3 Purple (B, C, D) - it turned out one Purp (B) was male so we took this opportunity to fertilize A C & D for seeds (this was not a grow in ideal conditions, so we didn't feel like we were "wasting" the yield on seeds). Long story short, we now have 3 jars of seeds.

Seed A - Green A x Purple B
Seed C - Purple C X Purple B
Seed D - Purple D x Purple B

The reason for differentiating the two Purple x Purple strains is simply because I know there are different phenotypes among sibling plants, so it seemed important to keep them separate.

Now we have an actual grow space and have planted the seeds. First one (D) popped today, so I am wondering, for experienced growers/breeders out there, what success have you had growing your own seeds and breeds? We've grown bagseed plenty of times but have never achieved quite a yield of seeds to play with. We'll be moving forward into the veg state pretty soon here, but I was just curious if anyone else had toyed around with experiments like this, and to what degree of success.

Cheers :) :thanks:

WOOoo! My "A" seed just popped, which means if all goes accordingly I'll have the Purple X Purple and the Purple X Green. PurpleGreen could be a whole new strain! And these could be delusions of grandeur haha :)

You can make yr own seeds no problem and grow them as long as they're viable.
I got probably 10 thou this season from 3 plants :cheesygrinsmiley:

022421.jpg

Well done, conrad! I didn't yield nearly anything like that - 75 total across 3 plants at best. But all I need is 1 to be female ;)

Got 2 "A" seeds popped, and 2 "D" seeds popped. No "C", but this will be a great little run to see the differences between genetic phenotypes! Funny how seeds from the same plant can show different traits... a couple different shades of green all in a row!

Back
Top Bottom