Grow bag questions

I'm thinking of going with 3-gallon grow bags on my next grow and have a couple of questions about grow bags in general.

Is transplanting into a bigger grow bag or pot doable when you use grow bags?

Would it be a good idea to put a layer of hydroton in the bottom of the bag to aid drainage and give the bag more stability? The drainage holes look small and I would imagine things could get a bit wobbly when a plant gets large.

SS

^ I agree.

I think transplant would be fairly easy with them. I would dampen the soil and place it into the next size bag. Then I would cut down the sides of the bag in 4 places. At that point you could probably just pull the old bag out and off and fill more soil in around the plant. ;-)

from my experience the bags do tend to get wobbly unless you really compress it and thats not really good,

adding some hydroton would be a great idea to help the drainage

Thanks PHATBLUNT! That's the kind of info I need.

^ I agree.

I think transplant would be fairly easy with them. I would dampen the soil and place it into the next size bag. Then I would cut down the sides of the bag in 4 places. At that point you could probably just pull the old bag out and off and fill more soil in around the plant. ;-)

Excellent!

Thank you Ms.Fox!

regards,

SS

no problem bro,

another thing is you might want to stake the plants even in veg to help with the looseness you encounter with bags .

Great idea, thanks bro!

I already have the perfect stakes too. I was walking around grocery shopping and saw these wooden shish-kebab skewers and thought, "hmmmmmmm, those would make good stakes for young plants."

Instead of seeing water pitchers and waste baskets, I now see plant containers. Instead of seeing storage cabinets, tool chests and wardrobes, I now see grow boxes and tents. LOL!

thanks again,

regards,

SS

Just my 2 cents here, but but my current grow is my first attempt at using grow bags instead of pots and so far I have had no issues. Just did my first transplant last night and I was a little concerned about how it was going to work but like Ms. Fox said (she is a GODDESS!!!) my soil was moist and the girls slid right out of the bags just like they do out of a pot. I hhad thought about just cutting the bag off but decided to try one like I have always done and it worked like a charm. Did 8 girls from 1 gal to 3 gal and all came out just as I had hoped they would
Good Luck

Just my 2 cents here, but but my current grow is my first attempt at using grow bags instead of pots and so far I have had no issues. Just did my first transplant last night and I was a little concerned about how it was going to work but like Ms. Fox said (she is a GODDESS!!!) my soil was moist and the girls slid right out of the bags just like they do out of a pot. I hhad thought about just cutting the bag off but decided to try one like I have always done and it worked like a charm. Did 8 girls from 1 gal to 3 gal and all came out just as I had hoped they would
Good Luck

And a very valuable 2 cents that is!

thanks for taking the time to help me out.

regards,

SS

Back
Top Bottom