Grow Box design

eBUD

Hey everyone! This is a quick sketch of a grow box design that I have been working on. I have not put a ventilation system into the design for a few reasons. I don't know if I want to use 2 150w HPS or 2 70w hps and save on heat and electricity bills. This would be a soil or hydro grow box depending on expendable income at the time and desired medium.

I also have a few similar designs that utilize different lighting elements such as LED ufo's and CFL's. Some designs use a scrog growing method too. I will post them later upon completion.

Criticism and ideas for ventilation systems are always welcome. Hope to hear from you all!!!!

BoxDesign2HPS.jpg

NOTE: Dimensions are not set in stone so the box can be altered to fit a desired room/closet/growing preferances.

well, its not discreet, but at the top of the box cut two holes just over the sheilds, put aluminium vent hose. then get a Y piece to connect the two, then have one hose going outside or into a filter. and if your feeling really salty you can get fans to put in the hose for extra exhaust.
just an idea =)

Hey ebud looks like a good start have a couple ??'s those 150's are they the exterior lighting style? one of my buddy's was using one of the 150 hps from the hardware store.. had very bad reflection coverage.. just something to consider... a 250 with a good aircooled reflector and a DECENT bulb can get you 32k lumens with great reflection... lumatek also has dial-a-watt ballast which run several different bulbs 175-250-400-super lumens at the turn of a knob. check out my grow im currently running a 400 in my dresser soon to be 600 anything is possible with a little bit of innovation!!!:grinjoint:

bbqribz570- Thanks for the idea on the vents. I was trying to figure out a way to do that.

unknown- The lights could be on outdoor balast style from a hardware store or I have found many lights that style online for sale. Im wanting to keep it a wattage grow or else I would have a 1Kw light.

There are a few on ebay that are that style reflector and come with a backing plate to attach a vent tube like bbqribz570 mentioned. Im leaning towards that a lil bit also because they are 150w and relatively innexpensive and come with a warrenty. I will check out your grow and thanks for the tips. Im glad to make improvements!!!

i would deff go with a single 250 then the 2 150s, its going to be a pain to keep it cool with the 2 lights, how loud can your ventilation be? where is the box going to be, a hot or cold area? do you need a carbon scrubber? these are all factors u need to think about when designing a well made box, dont just do what ever is easiest because you'll be happy u spent the extra time and money at harvest time. I would also stick with a soil till you got a couple grows under your belt, its alot more forgiving.

40" x 40"? Less than 550 watts is underkill.

Nothing wrong with using fewer watts if you must, but it would be helpful to shrink your space appropriately.

3InchScrew- The ventilation is still being designed. I have looked into getting a single 250 or maybe even a 400. The KW/Hr in my area runs on average 9-10 c so its not so bad for power. Taking the climate into consideration is another thing. I live in some mountains and its hot/ humid durring the day but cooler at night. I have grown before just not with a box this size. This is going to be small compared to the last room I had.

TorturedSoul- I agree with the lack of power for the area. The reason being is that I am just speculating on the specifics of this box design. I have saved up a good bit of money but my currernt location seems to be a problem for indoor grows. There are a ton of outdoor spots I just don't like the idea that I can be robbed of my work.

Back
Top Bottom