grow lamps

Demensions of the cupboard please. This may be a little pre-emptive, but 400w sounds like WAY too much.

its 8foot high,3f 6inches wide and 3foot long,just was reading that 400w is a good all rounder,many thanks 4any info,

So your floor space is about 3'x3'? If so, you will only be able to fit one or two full flowering plants in there. Also, you will need major air ventilation and circulation to keep the temp. tolerable with a 400w light.

Are you talking about flouros, MH, HID, or HPS "lamps"?

For MH, HID (veg.) and HPS (flowering) I would say 400w is too much wattage for that small an area (3'x3'), mainly due to the heat. You will need alot of good ventilation.

For flouros you will need a ton of bulbs to reach 400w, they will run cooler, but they will be no good for flowering.

ill be using low ryder plants, they only grow 12 to 16 inches max so it could work out, lets hope!

If you are growing lowryders, get a couple CFL flourescents, they will run cool and not cost much in power despite being on for extended periods. You will still need some ventilation for the plants to live, but not so much due to heat concerns.

Im growing just one now. will CFLs only do the trick. and i previously red that the blue spectrum is good for veg. and the the red spectrum is for flowering. but can i pull off a good grow with just CFLs. and what type of wattage would b needed for just one plant.
thanx
smokey

No disrespect RooRman, but I couldn't be any happier with my CFL flowering results for my single plant, but I couldn't agree more that any more than two plants would require a lot more lighting horsepower. SirSmokesAlot, I have a description of the lights I used in my members gallery pics 'Grow Box on the Cheap'. Hope this helps.
box01.JPG

box03.JPG

wk167302006G.JPG

wk167302006J.JPG

Wow, that's some of the best flouros bud ive seen on the net. Hopefully it will keep getting thicker.

OldSkoool said:
No disrespect RooRman, but I couldn't be any happier with my CFL flowering results for my single plant, but I couldn't agree more that any more than two plants would require a lot more lighting horsepower. SirSmokesAlot, I have a description of the lights I used in my members gallery pics 'Grow Box on the Cheap'. Hope this helps.
box01.JPG

box03.JPG

wk167302006G.JPG

wk167302006J.JPG

Nice. Yeah I saw that you were flowering fine with flouros in your grow. What strain is that?

OldSkoool said:

From what I have found, HPS beats floros for flowering everytime. The HPS creates a fall like sunlight with alot of red in it's spectrum, perfect for flowering plants. The floros produce more blue, perfect for veg. growth.

Nice plants though!

Don't get me wrong, flouros will work, especially if you have enough of them, and they cost much less to operate and run cooler, but overall the HPS will form bigger and denser buds than the CFL's everytime.

thanks for all the replys guys, hey oldskoool nice plants,hope ill be able to grow plants that good some day,now hears the thing,i have a 400w hydroponics grow light HPS ordered from ebay, as this is my first grow i want to start the job right, whats the best way to use the lamp and do i need another lamp for when the seeds sprout many thanks GRIFT

Use CFL's for veg. and HPS for flowering.

But if you are growing lowryders, stick with the CFL's the whole way through because they are an autoflowering strain and don't really benefit from a switch in lighting.

thanks for the replys guys,hey oldskoool nice plants,hope i can grow that well some day,now hears the thing, i have ordered a 400w hydroponics grow light HPS from ebay,whats the best way to use the lamp and do i need another lamp for when the seeds sprout,as this is my first grow i want to start the job right, many thanks GRIFT

So I Cant Use The Hps At All,grow Lamps Cant Be Bought In Ireland Iv Try"d Everywhere,on Line Is The Only Place,this Could Be A Set Back

HPS is not necessary for lowryders. They are an autoflowering strain that buds under any type of light or light schedule. I would get some CFL's and be done with it. If you get enough direct sun, you could even grow these little guys in a window box and forego grow lights altogether.

Back
Top Bottom