grow light kit question/trouble

conwayakers

first, I ordered the Thunder kit because it has a 5 year warranty, it came with a tube light reflector. I do not have a wind tunnel to hook it to. Will it burn up with no air? Can I remove the glass? I tried soldering a airmat filler up, but it didn't work. I shouldn't shop dumpster... Even if I do get air it is not this month..

next off no complaints but i never saw this light bulb spec? 1000W MH 4,200K? 1000W HPS 2,000K? I thought all the 1000W were the same and does K equal lux? I was expecting 55,000 lux at canopy per 4' X 4' in total dark. Which I am only supplementing. the boxes look older. Do I need better bulbs for 50,000 lux?

Another thing, I noticed 400W 600W 1000W kits and kits that did it all. I only paid for 1000W and am glad I looked at the dial. It came set on 1100W. this one has four settings. SCORE?

so take the glass out? get a thrift store fan? dont worry it wont break? new bulbs? will the UVB get through the glass?

look, nevermind I am not doing it right.. My tomatoes and all plants have not grown an inch all month. So for this month we got a cool hair dryer from the local thrift. I decided not to take out the glass. But does the UVB get through the glass? Do I get a new fan or a new fixture? What's the deal with my bulbs? Do they make 1100W or do I run em high? Haze has two weeks flush my others are canned already. I just got back from the store... I now have way more respect for other growers.

I also feel like a criminal to all my other babies. All indoor plants need supplemental light really. Maybe the outside plants consider inside plants retards? And we are cruel masters? lol also check my user notes. I didn't know what they were for so its about me and my plight. And I am very proud of my nursery.

next problem, and no replies,,? i test fire this baby up, it's on its own plug, I hear buzz in my speaker from the laptop another plug. I click the mute while the light is trying to start up. The light quits and so does the buzz. the hair dryer is still running fine and I don't hear a buzz. Okay NOT cool. Don't these ballasts have a fuse? I need a nap.

Holy sh*t it's bright in here..! I moved it to share with the gas stove. the hair dryer has to go. I will save the tube and get a tubeless +25% UVB. The tubes will do fine later in a nursery since tomatoes and babies don't need UVB.. sosorry I bugged everyone. The ads all have different specs. Who's plug fit what, etc PEACE OUT! What bulbs to get next?

Whats up conway.

Ballasts can be mounted sideways
K is Kelvin, 2700 is warm yellow 5000 is daylight 6500 is slightly bluish
You can grow all the way from sprouts to fruit with just one spectrum
Buzzing in your speakers is because there is a grounding problem
All HPS bulbs have built in UV filter, unless you break the outer shell.
A non cooled HPS bulb will not have problems, think of an encapsulated street light housing.
Congratulations for profiteering from this wonderful plant. In most "advanced" countries they would chop a cannabis profiteer's head off. Government doesn't like competition I guess.
Cheers from Kannabis Kremlin

thanks that was helpful everybody. I couldn't stand the hair dryer running on cool so i ordered the open light reflector 2 hrs after it got up and running. Today is the first day. yippee. The cord on the open reflector was shorter. So I did mount it sideways. 5 minutes after firing up it quit. that is why I asked the sideways. It turns out it was the brand new used bulb (prints included) MH. And with the light i can now see my last adult died a few days ago. Snaps on the stalk. So we are all 30/70% perlite-ed up here and very young. HPS is going. The question of the bulbs was are these really old/low stats for bulbs. I have to buy new ones anyway so which ones are best. My Thunder 1000W came 1100W also... I don't mind the used bulbs because bang for buck i feel like that guy did me a favor. The kit has circuit protection everything 5 year What bulbs are best?

in response to you,, I agree. After reading Ed's book 1 1/2 times. (need more) I feel like i have been insensitive to my plants before. I think all gardeners should have one for indoors with the windows open. We need to work towards that end. To get back my privacy i have now begun to install window fence so the tomatoes can climb the glass self contained. lol I have a upside down tomato by the stove,, that did,, next is 4' FL for the kitchen, (yikes) I will let you guys know how that goes. i am here to learn medical growing, but need to move off first. FYI we NEED zoning A-1 except for personal purposes.

mathwise i highly recommend the 1000W for everything, just cover more ground when you can. don't lose any!

To Note: round one is over. Looks like the $5 grams at the store beat me... Be lucky to make it to round two without running out. Still need to buy some either way... greater respect for growers is due.

Back
Top Bottom