1000Watt HPS Doesn't Look As Bright As It Should

vangs

i got a 1000w hps kit, they say you should keep your plants anywhere from 18inches to 30inches away from the canopy but if i use the palm method i can keep my hand as close as 8in to the glass and thats just warm almost like my 400w MH. So my question is how do i know if the bulb is at full strength? does it take a long time for the bulb to reach 1000w? also the ballast is not the issue. the knob is on 1000w setting or the 1100w.

this is the first time usuing a 1000w so i dont know what to expect from it.

everyone ive tlked to about 1000w bulbs have told me that they need to keep the lights likee 20inches from the top of the plants so they dont burn and they get a wide cover range. thats what i was looking for. a single bulb to cover my 3x3 footprint... any help is appriciated.

Did you buy it new ?

Did you buy it new ?
yes brand new. htg supply. picked it up at one of the retail store. lumetek ballsst and hortilux bulb are all new. i just measured the canopy to glass reflector. its 12 inches and im thinking of bringing it down to 9inch.

is the bulb faulty?

thats what im thinking, but i dont know how to check so if anyone knows. like i said earlier the exact measurment is 12inches from the top of the plants to the glass and im thinking of moving it closer

should i be able to see the glass bulb if i look at it while its on? or should the thing that lights up(looks like a pencil) be soo bright that it makes the whole bulb glow so the gLass bulb isnt visible?

Back
Top Bottom