Grow tent on line

For me i find a good trustworthy supplier and stick with them if i but online and i keep my cash in a safe but for only bill money goes in the Bank i usually buy local and pay cash as well as going in the gas station to pay for gas because of skimmers and so far i haven't been ripped off I don't do Amazon so much only if I have to

amazon is perfectly safe if you are careful..

i've seen a lot of fake sites. the scammers fake a number of popular auto parts sites as well that i've used.

edit : i recently had to cancel my card over almost the same thing. i caught it before payment went through. i no longer leave my info on amazon.

normally folk have been routed to scam sites thinking they were on amazon. the apps are very easy to crack. i would never use them. it's easy to fake an online security cert

This makes no sense to me. I have amazons app from the iOS store, the same app it has always been. How would one crack my app?

edit : i recently had to cancel my card over almost the same thing. i caught it before payment went through. i no longer leave my info on amazon

This is also why I don’t put any card of worth online either. I have a specific card for online purchases that isn’t linked to anything. It’s just a credit card that I can easily cut off and dispute charges on if necessary. That was out of paranoia as well lol.

Ive been online since it wasn’t safe to even admit where you live. Shit has changed.

This makes no sense to me. I have amazons app from the iOS store, the same app it has always been. How would one crack my app?

it's been infiltrated a number of times. mostly simple redirects. the scammers like it cause few people check the url when using an app.

amazon doesn't exactly advertise the issue to their customers.

most times they get in by sending a notification with a fake item for sale and hope you open it up. doing so directs you to a fake site and will erase your app and install theirs if you stay on long enough.

others simply install an app that looks for your payment info anytime you use it.

edit : i no longer use a phone to make purchases because of it. that's how they got into my account.

This is also why I don’t put any card of worth online either. I have a specific card for online purchases that isn’t linked to anything.

that's the best way to stay safe. i also have an online only card and check the activity periodically now.

it's been infiltrated a number of times. mostly simple redirects. the scammers like it cause few people check the url when using an app.

amazon doesn't exactly advertise the issue to their customers.

most times they get in by sending a notification with a fake item for sale and hope you open it up. doing so directs you to a fake site and will erase your app and install theirs if you stay on long enough.

others simply install an app that looks for your payment info anytime you use it.

Ahh ok, yet again stuff I don’t do because I’m paranoid as shit 😂 I don’t click notifications, if I want to see it I go to what the notification claimed. I also pay close attention to small details often. Most things don’t look legit if they’re not legit. I also don’t get that feeling when I see a sale that I have to have it. Ive become very jaded about capitalism and sales and shit so I just assume every sale is a lie of some sort 🤣

Appreciate the explanation though, it’s super helpful knowing the little stuff to look out for, and it’s also nice to have my paranoia vindicated 😂

check the activity periodically now.

Yep that’s a good idea because they get real suspicious when you try to dispute something that happened weeks prior and it’s just now catching up

Appreciate the explanation though, it’s super helpful knowing the little stuff to look out for, and it’s also nice to have my paranoia vindicated

most of their stuff is super simple. they rely on us to not be diligent. i wouldn't have known i was being faked if my credit card company hadn't flagged the purchase as a scam.

they did manage to get a couple hundred before we shut it down. it took them less than 20 seconds.

i'm just hoping @tav responds before it gets too serious. they can totally fuck your credit score and max your card in minutes. hopefully he went through paypal.

my c/c company is well awear of this . no other charges are on it . they'll flag all others .
just want to see if it comes thru. i'll let you all know. plus i can contest the 59$ bucks
if i don't get it.

Honestly I avoid trying to purchase things online if they’re not on Amazon. I never trust any of the google results, I NEVER trust social media ads. Amazon has done a good job at making me feel like it’s the only safe online place lol.
I can't say as I have ever ordered anything on-line. If it is the only way to get something I will often check and talk to someone personally after making sure that the web site and the phone number is valid.

I live in a metro area with small businesses though so I can buy most things I want/need cheaply with ease in person. I will buy seeds online, but only from really reliable breeders, and only from the breeder themselves, I don’t like seed banks.
Small businesses employing local people all of which helps the local economy. Not only buying cheaply and easily but it gives the customer an opportunity to see the product or item in person. Hands on will beat looking at a small picture just about every time.

I find it hard to get over the growers who buy bags of soil on-line and can not tell us what the ingredients on because they never looked at a photo of the back of the bag or they never read it once it was delivered. Then there are the sellers who will not put a 'back of the bag' photo on-line. Or buy the fertilizers on-line and are surprised when they post a message and someone asks if they are following the schedule--surprised because they did not know that there was a schedule.

Shopping online is gonna be one of those things I just can’t get over unreasonable paranoia about. I don’t even like DoorDash, haven’t ubered, etc.
On-line buying involves credit cards and all credit card purchases end up being sold sold to Surveillance Capitalism and Data Analytics. Kind of scary just how easily people, especially those who are worried about who might find out what they are growing, are willingly giving up their privacy and ability to be in control of what and when they buy something.

I understand that there are people who have chosen to live in out-state or rural areas and hopefully they checked what the downfalls are as compared to the many benefits.

Back
Top Bottom