Growing all 3 finger leaves?

TheOtherMJ

I have 3 plants all from the same strain in the same soil with the same light my youngest looks deformed at least to me. Every set of leaves that grow are all 3 fingers. Leaves also look deformed like dome mutant off spring. I would like to kno if this is normal and if it is worth keeping. Thanks

image3355.jpg
image3356.jpg

I have 3 plants all from the same strain in the same soil with the same light my youngest looks deformed at least to me. Every set of leaves that grow are all 3 fingers. Leaves also look deformed like dome mutant off spring. I would like to kno if this is normal and if it is worth keeping. Thanks

image3355.jpg
image3356.jpg

Don't sweat the number of leaflets (each leaf is called this). They typically have 3 to 7. I've seen a plant with 11 too!
That deformity you see is mostly due to the age of them. They aren't really deformed, rather are curling from a lack of water. Also the amount of water they're getting, or in this case, not! Don't want too little or too much. You'll come to a place where you will know what is the correct amount. Keep on with it, you'll find that they will grow nicely as they get a few more nodes (thus leaves) and will shock you one day when they literally jump up from the container and grow an inch over night! DO NOT introduce nutrients to them especially at this stage of their age. The soil has planty in it and they'll be just fine, if you take care of them.
Remember this, everyone on here has had to go through the learning cure that you are experiencing. We all made mistakes and learned from them. I once spent a lot of time only to find pout that every plant I had started (from seed) was a male and I literally had nothing left when I discovered this after several months of pampering and I didn't know how to tell the difference!
:Namaste:

Don't sweat the number of leaflets (each leaf is called this). They typically have 3 to 7. I've seen a plant with 11 too!
That deformity you see is mostly due to the age of them. They aren't really deformed, rather are curling from a lack of water. Also the amount of water they're getting, or in this case, not! Don't want too little or too much. You'll come to a place where you will know what is the correct amount. Keep on with it, you'll find that they will grow nicely as they get a few more nodes (thus leaves) and will shock you one day when they literally jump up from the container and grow an inch over night! DO NOT introduce nutrients to them especially at this stage of their age. The soil has planty in it and they'll be just fine, if you take care of them.
Remember this, everyone on here has had to go through the learning cure that you are experiencing. We all made mistakes and learned from them. I once spent a lot of time only to find pout that every plant I had started (from seed) was a male and I literally had nothing left when I discovered this after several months of pampering and I didn't know how to tell the difference!
:Namaste:

Thanks bro. Hopefully she grows well and wont be male.

Genetic wind-down.

There are BC strains that do this...

Cloning from a part of the plant that has 3 leafers, will give you this trait... Or if the plant regenerates from bloom it can come back with three.

A neat trick to get this to stop,if you have time and you are a fanatic, is to put the light on 24/7 and get the plant to reveg-regenerate... This causes the juvenile stages to repeat themselves genetically, and add the max iron and mg in this stage.... it will usualy fix the plant showing the core genetics are still in there... I had a buddy that did this and he got one to go back all the way from 3 leafers to 7 leafers and he also go one to go from 3 to 2 leafers only...

Plant was utilized outdoor for 6 seasons. Never put out a leaf with more than 1-2 prongs. it was great.
I would recommend that you start staging out any plant that does this crap... its not high grade genetics and in today's world, why waste your time with a freak that doesn't sleep with you.

When you can get solid genetics, wasting time on a 3 pronger is crazy...

Genetic wind-down.

Cloning from a part of the plant that has 3 leafers, will give you this trait... Or if the plant regenerates from bloom it can come back with three.

A neat trick to get this to stop,if you have time and you are a fanatic, is to put the light on 24/7 and get the plant to reveg-regenerate... This causes the juvenile stages to repeat themselves genetically, and add the max iron and mg in this stage.... it will usualy fix the plant showing the core genetics are still in there... I had a buddy that did this and he got one to go back all the way from 3 leafers to 7 leafers and he also go one to go from 3 to 2 leafers only...

Plant was utilized outdoor for 6 seasons. Never put out a leaf with more than 1-2 prongs. it was great.
I would recommend that you start staging out any plant that does this crap... its not high grade genetics and in today's world, why waste your time with a freak that doesn't sleep with you.

Never heard that before. I think I am goig to start flowing you around and learn a thing or two. Stalker alert :rofl:

+reps for the info

Genetic wind-down.

I cracked 2 seeds of true OG Kush 8 weeks of vegging they still only have 3 finger leaves.

Yeah, it's weird. The guy kept saying that he had true OG Kush seeds. I know some people are full of shit but I decided to bite. I paid $30 for 3 seeds. 2 are over 36" in veg. and still only 3 leaves. I cut a few clones that I have in rock wool who knows.....

Back
Top Bottom