Growing for people who can't grow?

NUGZ11

I am curious...I have heard there are people who are "paid to grow" for people who need medicinal cannabis and either don't have the space or the means to grow themselves. Is this true and where does one find out more about doing this? I would love to help some ppl out who are suffering so badly that they can't even grow it themselves. Thanks so much. Happy growing ya'll:yummy:

Re: growing for people who can't grow??

well i live in let's just say a northern state where medicinal use is not even legal... but i would be willing to relocate..just wondering how they find ppl to do this or how it all works.

yo nugz in order to become a caregiver in a medicinal state you would first have to obtain a medicinal marijuana card or find someone that has a card and needs a grower in which case the patient could label you their caregiver and you could grow (in colorado at least) 6 plants for each patient 3 veg and 3 flowering, i believe you also have to get licensed with the state as a caregiver and thats only if you can obtain the patients simply because caregiving is an extremely personal aspect to medicinal marijuana and many patients opt for a grower that they have known for a long time. Anyway hope this could be of some help good luck:rollit:

Here in WA dispensaries are illegal. However they get around this because the law allows for all patients to be able to have a caregiver.

So basically when you walk in the door you are alone with the person selling and fill out forms designating them your caregiver while you're in the room. The contract ends when you walk out the door, or 5 minutes in the future (whatever you agree to, but before they can help the next person in line).

The law says you can only be 1 persons caregiver at a time, and that a caregiver cannot use the patients stash.

In WA you can possess a 60 day supply which has been determined to be EITHER 24 ounces of dried herb, OR 15 plants in any stage/size of growth.

So basically you can sell up to a 60 day supply to a patient at any one time.

That's how the dispensary I go to runs, they're open 8 hours per day 7 days per week. You can buy clones, oil, butter, buds, hash, bubble hash, among other things.

People here in Seattle sell up to an ounce at a time on Craigslist. You just need to become their caregiver before you can sell.

Seattle is also a special place within it's city limits because marijuana legislation has been passed which makes it the lowest priority enforceable by police, so basically they can't spend any time/money on it. In the university district the cops take people's stashes if they see them selling it but they don't arrest them, even for having a dozen half gram baggies ready for sale. Personal use is considered up to 40 grams for anyone 18 years old or older without a medical recommendation.

There's no standardized MMJ card in WA but you can pay $200 to a clinic who brings a doctor from a different state here and if you have a qualifying condition he'll give you a recommendation. They'll give you a card that they've developed but it is not a standard.

Basically it just has to be a doctor, from any state, who gives you a recommendation. Depending on which state you live in, that recommendation allows you to do different things. In WA you can grow 15 plants or have 24 ounces, in OR with that same recommendation you're allowed a different amount. Doctors cannot prescribe MJ, only recommend it.

In WA I qualify for MMJ for migraines, some of the other qualifying conditions I was surprised by were asthma and even diabetes.

Hi, I am a cancer survivor who is now a dialysis pt. Pretty good huh. I take it one day at a time.........Much as I can I try and stay away from the hard medications the Dr. prescribes. As most of the pain meds are addictive and they bind up your bowels so, It creates another problem. I believe that everything God created is for our good, if we use it for that purpose. I am 54 yr. African-American female, worked all my life, raised my children with a husband. Had a husband until I got seriously ill. I am not bitter, though:cool maybe it was too much for him.........as his mother had died from the same illness. My kidneys failed about 1 and 1/2 yrs. ago. .....................:Rasta::cool::cheer::peace:

I am curious...I have heard there are people who are "paid to grow" for people who need medicinal cannabis and either don't have the space or the means to grow themselves. Is this true and where does one find out more about doing this? I would love to help some ppl out who are suffering so badly that they can't even grow it themselves. Thanks so much. Happy growing ya'll:yummy:

Here in California, I see advertisements for renting growing space. Basically there is a monthly rental fee per plant. You provided a plant and they take care of everything else. Average length is 3 months of rental space. I am sure the place providing the rental space is prop 215 compliant meaning that they are either prop 215 patients or caregivers.

WA state is a hard place to find good places to grow, specially if you don't own a house. Once you do though it's easy. I am a caretaker for some patients and It's honestly not hard at all to operate within the law and care for patients legally. It's a great opportunity here in WA

I was looking at the CA requirements through the state website and they have really strict requirements to "legally" be a "caregiver". Meaning you have to be providing care in other aspects of their life also. I haven't been able to find anything that gets around that, if anyone else knows maybe you can post a link?? This is what I found...

Medical Marijuana Program Primary Cargiver Responsibilities

I suppose because it says housing, health OR safety, you can legally provide for just their health?

I am a MMJ patient, grower/provider in the state of Oreganja. As far as I know, there is no pay for being a provider (legally anyways) in any of the MMJ states.

You can make arrangements w/your patients for them to pay you for your services but... no matter how you say it, as far as I know... getting paid for being a provider is illegal in all MMJ states!

I was looking at the CA requirements through the state website and they have really strict requirements to "legally" be a "caregiver". Meaning you have to be providing care in other aspects of their life also. I haven't been able to find anything that gets around that, if anyone else knows maybe you can post a link?? This is what I found...

Medical Marijuana Program Primary Cargiver Responsibilities

I suppose because it says housing, health OR safety, you can legally provide for just their health?

Interesting. The exact wording (on that website) of the part that you are referring to is "A primary caregiver is a person who consistently assumes the responsibility for the housing, health or safety of the applicant (patient). This may be an individual or the owner, operator or employee of an appropriately licensed clinic, facility, hospice, or home health agency."

(Emphasis in the quote is mine). It doesn't state "assumes some of the responsibilities" or even "assumes the primary portion of the responsibilities." Taken strictly by the way that it is worded, I'm surprised that some hostile prosecutor hasn't tried to indict people - even those who DO provide for (some of) those responsibility(/ies) on the grounds that they are not providing ALL of it.

Then again, that is just the wording on the web page. I did not see the exact laws referenced and cannot remember if that is exactly how the relevant portions are worded. And there's always the "clearly stated intention of a law" argument that generally carries at least some weight even if/when a law does not expressly state same.

On local radio around here there are new ads, sandwiched between hydro shop and head shop ads, for legal advice/tax services so caregivers and medical dispensaries will be prepared legally and in tax compliance after 19 passes. god, i love this area!
Hey DC, wanna see how to GROW an economy? Come out to Northern California and see how its done right.

And there's always the "clearly stated intention of a law" argument that generally carries at least some weight even if/when a law does not expressly state same.

That always raises the hairs on the back of my neck... too much leeway for the law dogs to make shit up as they go. They know just like we do... it's them against us... they never forget that, neither should we!

Hey DC, wanna see how to GROW an economy? Come out to Northern California and see how its done right.

Oh hellz yeah... that's what I'm talking about dammit :cheer:

Found this also Tortured and yes...I'm surprised that the caregiver thing hasn't been stomped on more because it does specifically state that it can't just be providing MJ.. I guess my best bet is the appt with the attorney and have them set it up...the laws are too vague and the case law since is all over the place. It's as I said before, "we'll let it work if we want but when we want to mess with you the law allows it..."

CA NORML Medical Marijuana Information

Here in California, I see advertisements for renting growing space. Basically there is a monthly rental fee per plant. You provided a plant and they take care of everything else. Average length is 3 months of rental space. I am sure the place providing the rental space is prop 215 compliant meaning that they are either prop 215 patients or caregivers.

Wow...it took me awhile to digest this but it seems this would work even better than being a caregiver....if the person renting the land is legally compliant and the property owner has a legal contract to rent the land where is there any violation? Okay, now everybody give me all the negatives!!!

Here in WA dispensaries are illegal. However they get around this because the law allows for all patients to be able to have a caregiver.

So basically when you walk in the door you are alone with the person selling and fill out forms designating them your caregiver while you're in the room. The contract ends when you walk out the door, or 5 minutes in the future (whatever you agree to, but before they can help the next person in line).

The law says you can only be 1 persons caregiver at a time, and that a caregiver cannot use the patients stash.

In WA you can possess a 60 day supply which has been determined to be EITHER 24 ounces of dried herb, OR 15 plants in any stage/size of growth.

So basically you can sell up to a 60 day supply to a patient at any one time.

That's how the dispensary I go to runs, they're open 8 hours per day 7 days per week. You can buy clones, oil, butter, buds, hash, bubble hash, among other things.

People here in Seattle sell up to an ounce at a time on Craigslist. You just need to become their caregiver before you can sell.

Seattle is also a special place within it's city limits because marijuana legislation has been passed which makes it the lowest priority enforceable by police, so basically they can't spend any time/money on it. In the university district the cops take people's stashes if they see them selling it but they don't arrest them, even for having a dozen half gram baggies ready for sale. Personal use is considered up to 40 grams for anyone 18 years old or older without a medical recommendation.

There's no standardized MMJ card in WA but you can pay $200 to a clinic who brings a doctor from a different state here and if you have a qualifying condition he'll give you a recommendation. They'll give you a card that they've developed but it is not a standard.

Basically it just has to be a doctor, from any state, who gives you a recommendation. Depending on which state you live in, that recommendation allows you to do different things. In WA you can grow 15 plants or have 24 ounces, in OR with that same recommendation you're allowed a different amount. Doctors cannot prescribe MJ, only recommend it.

In WA I qualify for MMJ for migraines, some of the other qualifying conditions I was surprised by were asthma and even diabetes.

Thats why they bust dispensaries pretty regular. the law says i can be someones caregiver and they are big on the giver part because it says i cannot charge them for growing or for the end product .

I live in California, and am about to have my first successful grow. I have a rec, and it takes a lot in electricity to grow hydro just for myself. So if I want to grow for other patients, I just need a copy of their rec and it's totally legal to help them out? I'm not looking to make a business out of it, but help on the electric and nutrients would help. Anyone that knows, some info would help me out.

In California under state law you do not need a State card to receive Medical Marijuana. All you have to have is a recomendation from a doctor that says your illness you suffer from can provide relief from marijuana. Neither the doctor or the patient/caregiver can be prosecuted by state law unless you grow or possess 6 flowering plants or 12 vegging plants.

Back
Top Bottom