Mr Ganja

Whatsup ma fellow tokers!!:lot-o-toke:

This is my first grow, all the information i have gathered to do this is compiled from a number of forums. Just though i'd show you my shit...........see if i am doing ok. Any tips appreciated!!!

On my 6th day from seedling. I am using Barney's Farm Feminized Blue Cheese seeds. I germinated them using the Paper towel method:
I placed two sheets of folded paper towels in a small growing enclosure with see through lid, moistened the paper towels(not saturated) then i dropped my two seeds onto the wet paper towels (spaced quite far apart). I then placed two more folded paper towels onto the seeds and moistened again then placed the lid on. I left these in a dark warm room (about 79 degrees farenheit) for 2 days.

After a taproot had emerged on both seeds i got two small cubes of rock wool. I soaked the rock wool in tap water (i left the tap water out for 24hrs to let most of the chlorine evaporate) and poked a hole with a pencil 1 inch deep. I placed the seedling root down and pinched the rock wool cube gingerley. I then placed the cubes back in the enclosure and replaced the lid. Left this in a dark room for 1 day with temps aboout 80 degrees farenheit.

The shoots have now sprouted so i have placed them on the 18/6hr light cycle and am using a small flourescent light with temps in the room between 76 & 80 degrees farenheit. There 1 inch tall and looking good!!:allgood:

First time using this forum so just getting used to it, i will upload pictures as soon as possible:thanks:

Peace!!!!!!!!!!!

High Mr Ganja, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there... Dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere!

I despise the paper towel method, I think it's probably one of the worst practices us growers follow. It's just too easy to damage the emerging root and set the plant back...having said that, I understand it with rock wool since newly germinated seeds have a habit of heaving themselves out of the cube if just dropped in the cube to germinate.

Other than that, it sounds like you're on your way! Just make sure you have plenty of ventilation, temps up around 80 aren't great (good for germination, but not growing) with only a small fluro going. 80F is a point that most strains will slow their growth... If you can stay mid 70s with the lights on, that is perfect.

I use CFLs with my seedlings. I like to get the light as close to the seedlings as possible at this point...1-2 inches above. High levels of light now will keep the plant compact and purportedly produces a higher number of female plants.

If you think you'd like input along the way you should start a journal so members can follow along! :thumb:

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting, they will assist you in navigating the forum.

Here are some other links that you should check out:

Our mission statement: Mission Statement
Questions: Frequently Asked Questions - 420 Magazine
Uploading photos: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
How to grow: How to Grow Marijuana - 420 Magazine
MMJ lounge: Medical Marijuana Lounge - 420 Magazine
News: International Cannabis News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana News - 420 Magazine
Hemp News - 420 Magazine
Medical Marijuana Scientific Data - 420 Magazine
Help support the cause: Please Help Support 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering!

:Namaste:

thanks frattdog

So u reckon lower temp ..about 75 degrees farenheit? while there still small?

thanks

thanks frattdog

So u reckon lower temp ..about 75 degrees farenheit? while there still small?

thanks

It's somewhat strain dependent, some tolerate high heat better than others. But the ideal air temp is generally considered to be between 72-76ºF for daylight hours, and can drop 5-10ºF at night without problems. Temps in the low 80s are desirable if enriching CO2... Temps of 90º+ will all but stop growth in most strains.

A good environment is the most important and most overlooked aspect of any grow in my book. If you have a good environment you'll be able to grow some good buds with any old potting soil and some half-way decent nutes... If you don't have proper and stable environment it's a struggle even with the best of everything else. Just my 2 cents!

:welcome:to the :420: Family:woohoo::party: We are here to Spread cannabis Awareness, News, and Information. Please feel free to :surf:
https://www.420magazine.com/community/ and let us know what you think? Sounds like you're off and running my friend!! I will provide some fantastic links to some of our resources and Members grow journals who will be happy you dropped by to say hello.
If there is anything we can assist you with just ask, the only bad questions are the ones not asked.
Here you grow:
International Cannabis News - 420 Magazine
MEDICAL MARIJUANA - 420 Magazine
Plant and Bud Photos - 420 Magazine
Smoke2Js Magic Garden - Cloneville Featuring Blue Planet Nutrients
Doc Bud: All Organic OG Kush SCROG
Gator Uncaged

BTW: you need to ph the water before setting rockwool up

does anyone know how i upload pictures? total newbie would love to get some comments on how my medical plants are doing?

photo_2_22.JPG

photo_1_19.JPG

photo162.JPG

Got some new pics on the 8th day tell me what you think, i'll upload them soon!!!

using 2 cfl lights (i think) output 1250 lumens and using a small fan to strengthen the stem.

temps about 75 to 79 degrees farenheit

Peace!!!!!!

They're a little leggy right now from reaching for the light, just keep the light close so they don't stretch any more and I think you'll be okay. If you get the strong light on them as soon as they emerge they will stay short. What medium are you going to grow them in? If it's soil you can burry them a little deeper when you transplant.

New pics on 8th day are here!!!

****This is a temporary setup at the moment due to financial constraints. I'll be settin up my hydro soon********

Comments please!!!!

photo_3_17.JPG

I dont know if this matters but one of the round leaves off one of the baby plants has fallen off (or i ripped it off by mistake lol......shit........)help???

I have transported the seedlings into a slab of rockwool soaked in ph'd water and 1/4 nutes.

I have also got a fan and use two cfl lamps output combined about 1900 lumens......

Pictures below:
photo_4_12.JPG

photo_5_10.JPG

More updates to come BTW.... temps are a consistent 76.3

Peace!!!!:420:

Heres my make shift setup, seems to be working

photo_6_6.JPG

I dont know if this matters but one of the round leaves off one of the baby plants has fallen off (or i ripped it off by mistake lol......shit........)help???

I have transported the seedlings into a slab of rockwool soaked in ph'd water and 1/4 nutes.

I have also got a fan and use two cfl lamps output combined about 1900 lumens......

Pictures below:
photo_4_12.JPG

Those "round leaves" are called cotyledons, they contain the food reserves of the seed. They naturally fall off as the reserves are use up, and as the true leaves and roots take over to feed the seedling. Nothing to worry about there!

You don't have to worry too much about light right now either, you have plenty. I start all my seedlings with 18 watt daylight CFLs, just regular household CFLs (75 watt incandescent equivalent). It looks like you're using larger CFLs, so just make sure the heat isn't too much for them.

Looks like you're going with a hydro grow...I can't offer too much on that end. You should start a journal, that way more people will be able to find you if you need support along the way: Grow Journals - 420 Magazine.

Thanks for ur input bro:bigtoke:

Few questions for you:(dont mean to be a pain)

1. Do you know roughly how long my small seedling should take to grow to where i need to put it under my 400w HPS with reflector? just roughly m8

2. Is low humidity a bad thing as i cannot a humidifier?

3. When would you recommend that i start lst'ing my weed?

4. I bought feminised seeds, what are the chances they are male?(bought from barneys farm (5seeds) blue cheese feminised)

And last............(for the moment lol)

5. How or should i water the foliage? (the leafs look a bit light greenish, if this is normal again i'm new at this:goof:

PRAISE:420:

Peace!

Bong:smokebong:..................

Been 10 days or so now and my small babies are about 2-3inches tall with 1 set each of the true leaves and a few cotylons(if thats how its spelt) left.

One seems taller than the other and i have had to support it just incase it bends right over(is perfectly fine but thin, just my paranoia!). Someone told me that it was stretching due to light deficiencey so i put the lights closer and it stop growing upwards somewhat..Leaves are a bright green colour watering my rock wool twice a day with 1/4 nutes.

I have also covered the rockwool so as to prevent mold and disease starting.......
The small fan has been blasting at the stems and they seem to be doing fine:thumb:

Humidity is about 50% in the room with temps about 76 degrees farenheit.

Have u guys any idea when i should start putting these gems under a 400w HPS?

Any tips and idea on how i'm doing or what u think i'm doing wrong would be great as a total NOOB.

CHECK OUT MY GROW JOURNAL

Peace!
photo_1_20.JPG

photo163.JPG

photo_2_23.JPG

photo_3_18.JPG

photo_4_13.JPG

And my cheap ass set-up............
photo_5_11.JPG

Back
Top Bottom