Totally dense newbie

:ganjamon: Sorry to hear about your loss. But no, I don.t think the guarantee would help.

Ian

Oh that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Most growers will have one or several large stuff ups, even the experienced growers. There's always things to learn when growing, even the stuff that sucks. No more shed seeding for you! The guarantee wouldn't cover it sorry to say, that only covers getting from them to you, once they're in your hands they're your responsibility. I'm sure the mice had a fancy feast though.

On the plus side it could give you a chance to practice cloning on that one surviving seed/plant if you can get it growing for several weeks and big enough to clone, assuming the mice don't add a seedling salad to their meal of nuts.

Well first off welcome and second OUCH that hurts. Definatly the paper towel method works, but I put mine in the liquor cubboard. Also I use a large Tupperware style container with a lid, keeps the paper moist and humid, but has plenty of air inside as well. Just for good measure I try and burp the container every 8-10 hours for fresh air. Works like a charm

We all have our methods. I wrap a heating pad (on low) with a thick towel and put the plate on top of it & put it all on a semi-dark shelf.

Ian

First welcome. Second, ouch that really hurts Brother. :eek:
I germinate on the same shelf as the satilite TV box. It stays about 74*f there.
Good luck. :smokin:

When I pop them in a paper towel I keep a good eye on them and as soon as I see them starting to open up I put them in moist jiffy pots. I wear medical gloves when handeling the seed after it starts to open because I don’t want the oils from my hands to have any adverse effects. Not sure it would but just a precaution I take. I have a 100% germination rate doing it this way for 16 seeds.

When I pop them in a paper towel I keep a good eye on them and as soon as I see them starting to open up I put them in moist jiffy pots. I wear medical gloves when handeling the seed after it starts to open because I don’t want the oils from my hands to have any adverse effects. Not sure it would but just a precaution I take. I have a 100% germination rate doing it this way for 16 seeds.
You're probably right there bro. I started off being a germophobe and making sure everything is like sterilised and what not. I cant be bothered now though lol I still keep things clean, tidy and wash my hands before man handling my girls but when you think about it they are plants. When topping or making cuts on your plant yes always make sure things are sterile to prevent infecting open wounds other than that you dont have to treat them like a quarantine victim lol

You're probably right there bro. I started off being a germophobe and making sure everything is like sterilised and what not. I cant be bothered now though lol I still keep things clean, tidy and wash my hands before man handling my girls but when you think about it they are plants. When topping or making cuts on your plant yes always make sure things are sterile to prevent infecting open wounds other than that you dont have to treat them like a quarantine victim lol
I agree with you! I just keep my tools clean alittle rubbing alcohol on the blades, scissors and hands seems to be plenty. Dont go to overboard

Back
Top Bottom