GSC Bag Seed Grow Journal

Thanks man, I haven't said or poked around much on other journals. So that could be the reason for the lack of response lol.

I'd still like to hear any suggestions as I'm starting to roll the perpetual in a couple days.

Messed up a few times here, luckily very minor.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You have a nice flower tent setup. To have a perpetual grow you should have a seperate veg area/light to grow the plants until they are ready to flower. The veg area doesn't have to be light proofed as the flower area does. I veg under 4' flouro tubes at 24 hours on. which works great for me. You will want to start cloning. I just recently bought an aerocloner which works fantastic. I've had 100% success with it so far.

I just got my bucket cloner in the mail yesterday. I purchased these clones August 1, mother in the back. The plan is to keep the mother under the led and take the cfls out when the clones are still in the bucket so they don't get too much light.

420-magazine-mobile917006947.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1734898453.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1425810194.jpg

24 hrs, not enclosed lots of spideys but they don't mess with the plants so it's ok I guess, lol.

Yes, you have a nice setup outside the flower tent too I see. You're set.

What strain did you purchase as clones? I don't have the option of buying clones in my backwoods hood.

I am growing out a pack of AK47 seeds now. I have 5 females from seed 5 weeks into 12/12 and the second gen (clones) from them in 12/12 for 5 days now. The third gen cuttings were taken and put in the cloner when the second gen were re-potted and put into flower.

I have a 4'x8' tent with HPS light on each side. So I have 2 flowering sections with the expectations of harvesting one side (5-6 plants) every 4-5 weeks. This should pull 10-16 ozs every 5 weeks depending on the pheno and it's yield. That is the plan I have but I know rigid timeframes don't always work out.

I want to get two tents running with 1000hps cool tubes eventually.

The clones were purple haze and true og, Ann Arbor is awesome. 5 clones for 60 bucks.

I don't divide the tent space. Both lights 1000w HPS and 600w HPS run on the same schedule. The 1000w is actually a little too much for my tent. I had to chop my tents height down to about 5-1/2 feet to fit in the crawlspace of my house. I want to replace the 1000w analog with another 600w digital when I can. Still not sold on the LED technology.

After I harvest and evaluate my first round of the AK47, I will chose a mother(s) taking into consideration things like potency, yield, ease of cloning and vigor of growth. I will post much more info of my operation in my thread in a few more weeks when the first cycle is complete.

Oh yeah, I'm loosing it just because they're different ages doesn't mean dif schedules. I think led can be better, possibly. Just because of full spectrum, but lumen and footprint wise I think you would need to push out close to or more of 1000 actual watts of led, to come close to 1000 hps. Makes it worthless to blow the money.

I run both HPS lights in vented hood pulled by a 430CFM exhaust fan. My high temps run about 82f with both lights running. Except for this past couple months. It has been so hot and humid temps got to 90f a few times with both lights on.

flower-tent.jpg

The exhaust fan is outside the tent. tent air goes into the 600w hood, piped through the 1000w hood and then out through the exhaust.

Dang that's pretty good for that small tent. I've got up to 82 with the 600 alone but temps rose to 77 outside. My central air went out this summer and quick fixed it with a 14k Ac two levels up, basement gets pretty toasty, ready for fall for sure.

It's been good over here, haven't weighed it all up yet...still a bit damp. I'm going to post a final pic of it all jarred up with the dry weight, and review before I close this journal out.

Final dry weight: 313 grams from the 3 plants.
Smells good, still getting better. Good overall smoke, not too heavy. Closing out this journal, had a lot of fun and learned more than I could imagine.

420-magazine-mobile832235734.jpg
420-magazine-mobile730662672.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom