H20gro Grow Journal 2021

If you asked me to guess i would have said it was on day 14 of flower.
How is her location to the light?
Bill
Her light position is optimal. Best i can do. She was struggling for about a week-10 days early on (ph issues and learning to use the led. So was getting baked w too high ph). Maybe itll take a bit more rhan 63 days.

Her light position is optimal. Best i can do. She was struggling for about a week-10 days early on (ph issues and learning to use the led. So was getting baked w too high ph). Maybe itll take a bit more rhan 63 days.
Now that i think about it @Bill284 , if it began flowering in 3rd/4th week, itd be about right to say 14th day of flower.
Thank you for always being there! We will see i. 30 days if shes ready

Day 37 for the 2 autos. Day 47 for gelato cake photo
Day 19 GDP

422D4668-33EC-498E-BD60-C20D3CFFB7B7.jpeg

AD227D9D-755A-4D27-B49F-0A526ABECDD3.jpeg

FDE3CEC8-4FD8-4AB5-AA50-16A7169939CA.jpeg

215381C7-1C0C-4B80-A8FA-2BDE4CA2D9D2.jpeg

687B652D-F37A-4090-81DF-F8C425E9487E.jpeg

Ok, as ive mentioned before, this grow was my first in 6 years and id never used led lights before. I also had some ph problems from under rinsed geolite. So this lady has had a stressful firs 6 weeks. She is an auto gelato (fastbuds). Im suspecting this discoloration is a result of a hard life but id love some input on what anyome may think is the cause. Makes me sad...

@Bill284 @GreenGenez

thanks in advance to anyone w an opinion on it.

26C1FB66-5FA0-4860-8863-9870D64070BF.jpeg

CFD2D4C8-F5D1-462F-AD3E-2E9FA1557E46.jpeg

F8546E5E-CA83-42F8-ADC1-F3E253FCE188.jpeg

Ok, as ive mentioned before, this grow was my first in 6 years and id never used led lights before. I also had some ph problems from under rinsed geolite. So this lady has had a stressful firs 6 weeks. She is an auto gelato (fastbuds). Im suspecting this discoloration is a result of a hard life but id love some input on what anyome may think is the cause. Makes me sad...

@Bill284 @GreenGenez

Lower leaves draining mag DEF by looks of it. Pulls from less important leaves.
How is your feed? Ph? Roots healthy? Slimy?
What temp is water?
Bill

@Bill284 @GreenGenez

Autoflowers are very sensitive to nutrients. When I used to run RCDWC I'd keep my autos at a 1/4 strength of what the bottle says. NEVER EVER follow the bottles instructions on strength. ALWAYS keep it conservative and on the lighter side. With that said, do you have a ppm/Ec meter? I'd like to know what the reading is. Also PH I'd like to know, that will tell me what the roots are not taking in and as a result an accumulation of certain elements. The plant will also excrete an exudate through its roots, this helps maintain PH based on what elements it has dominantly used. It's like a counter effort.
But to ease your mind I guess in the sense of why your plant looks this way, it is definitely over fertilization and that's causing a PH lockout. This can be fixed and halted now. You will need to do a complete dump of the 5 gal DWC. If you have a spare 5gal fill that with 0ppm water or tap if thats what you have. I say 0ppm because it will aid in pulling out the accumulated elements. Not completely!!! But help with starting the rebound of vigor and growth. Start a new 5gal resivore with 1/4 strength nutrients.
You have my attention with the rest of this grow. I will follow daily

Lower leaves draining mag DEF by looks of it. Pulls from less important leaves.
How is your feed? Ph? Roots healthy? Slimy?
What temp is water?
Bill
Ph is good. Has been since that second week. Roots look good. No slime visible. Water usually around 72 f
Autoflowers are very sensitive to nutrients. When I used to run RCDWC I'd keep my autos at a 1/4 strength of what the bottle says. NEVER EVER follow the bottles instructions on strength. ALWAYS keep it conservative and on the lighter side. With that said, do you have a ppm/Ec meter? I'd like to know what the reading is. Also PH I'd like to know, that will tell me what the roots are not taking in and as a result an accumulation of certain elements. The plant will also excrete an exudate through its roots, this helps maintain PH based on what elements it has dominantly used. It's like a counter effort.
But to ease your mind I guess in the sense of why your plant looks this way, it is definitely over fertilization and that's causing a PH lockout. This can be fixed and halted now. You will need to do a complete dump of the 5 gal DWC. If you have a spare 5gal fill that with 0ppm water or tap if thats what you have. I say 0ppm because it will aid in pulling out the accumulated elements. Not completely!!! But help with starting the rebound of vigor and growth. Start a new 5gal resivore with 1/4 strength nutrients.
@GreenGenez thank you so much for the thoughtful and informative reply. I had just started boosting nutes to bottle specs. I will definitely flush this lady.
Her ph stays around 6-6.2 and ive tried to keep ppms at 800ish. My tap water is about 180-200 ppm and i dont know how to get it to 0 without some ro water or something else. Thanks again. Flushing this girl today!!

I apologize for rushing my reply. I should have added that the 0ppm or tap water without nutrients is for you to put the pants in while you prepare the nutrient Donald 5gal bucket. Let her sit in the plain water 5er for 20-30min. Make sure that oxygenation is provided otherwise she'll drown.

Ph is good. Has been since that second week. Roots look good. No slime visible. Water usually around 72 f

@GreenGenez thank you so much for the thoughtful and informative reply. I had just started boosting nutes to bottle specs. I will definitely flush this lady.
Her ph stays around 6-6.2 and ive tried to keep ppms at 800ish. My tap water is about 180-200 ppm and i dont know how to get it to 0 without some ro water or something else. Thanks again. Flushing this girl today!!
800 is too high for an auto on the rebound, drop it to 550-600. With auto's less is more. Also what nutrient are you using?
PH will naturally rised to 6-6.2 in flower but try to get her a little lower so N can be uptaken. Your in the early stages of flower and shell need some N to help stack flower sites.
Finally, if PH is staying consistent thats not good, it should fluctuate based on the uptake of elements, however not got out of the target 5.5- 6.2. And watch her ppm. It too should fluctuate based on whether she's taking it in or water and a topoff is needed to drop ppm.

Well the autos are now in ph water. No nutes. May let em go a day this way. When i changed res on sunday the roots were white. General hydroponics flora series is what im using and micro tends to stain the roots for a bit so now theyre brown. I say this bc im assuming they have enough nutes to get em through a day or so in the ph tap water.
The ph does fluctuate but i try to check it daily and adjust it to 6 ish if needed.
Once the photo plants hit 60 days, my plan is to move them to tent and use as mothers...

Thanks again to @Bill284 and @GreenGenez for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom