Happy to have found this site

SouthShore

Hi All:
Well about myself, 61 years old started smoking pot in the early 70's quit when it became a choice between getting high now and then and keeping my job.
So after a break of... wow 30 years, I'm retired now, no more testing so thought what the hell. Got into my car last May and drove to Colorado. Walked into a store, walked up to the counter, looked at shelves, full of jars, full of marijuana.. with some crazy names. And a nice young lady asked what I would like. I had to answer that I had no idea what I would like. Back in the day when you bought pot... you got what he had. Usually a bag full of seeds and stems, with some leaves. So as I looked at shelves full of pot with names like Orange Kush, White Widow, Blue Dream....... and on and on. Anyway it was a great day... a long drive but worth it to walk up to a counter and pick out what you want and walk out.

So after I drove all the way back to Florida, having moved there from Michigan a few years earlier I knew I had a problem. I had no idea where I could find someone selling pot.

Thats when I started my research on "How to Grow Marijuana" Have to love the Inter Web....lots of help out there on how to grow. Found a place to buy seeds online.. then went to Amazon.. wasn't long and a grow tent was delivered, a light, an exhaust fan, a filter.

My first grow was 3 AK-47 plants. In a 2x4x7 tent, 400 watt light system, MH for veg and HPS for flower. Loved watching them grow. After the drying and cureing total yield was 4 oz. Was a little disappointed in the yield but hope to do better in the next grow. This is just for personal use, no one else knows anything about this grow other then those ive talked to online about it.

Anyway growing White Widow now, 14 days into flower stage.

So that's how I got back to smoking.. and growing. Problem now is I really enjoy the growing but figure I'm going to produce more then a can use. So ill have to stop for a few months. As I live in Florida I wont sell or even give it away. The laws here are still crazy

Thanks for your time, I know ill be around the forums quite a bit, LOL cause ive got so much to learn

Great story! And welcome to the best site on the great interweb!

Totally recommend starting a journal, as well as following others. So much to learn and so many fantastic peopleto help you along the way!

As for quiting the grow because you wont need so much, i recommend you keep growing anyways! Its a fun hobby, and the longer you cure the better it gets. Imagine jars of nugs burried away somewhere and forgotten for years. As you need it pull from the old stock and enjoy!:yahoo:

Truly one of the finer introductions I have ever seen. :bravo:
As for being disappointed about the yield, well you have done better then a lot and not as good as others. It is not a competition. The longer you grow, you will develop tips and tricks that wil cause your yield to increase. Hopefully it will not be to long before Florida sees the light and gets with the program. I wish you the best and if you ever have a question feel free to ask, there are many here who are more then willing to steer you in the right direction.
Welcome aboard.

Back
Top Bottom