Harsh Tasting Buds

FarmerMark

I just started picking some of my buds, and was told that the smoke tastes bad. Any tips on drying my buds? I also hear that you should flush before harvest. I am growing in soil, and want to know how long before harvest should I start to flush? Anyone?

morning Farmer

as far as flushing the plants, I understand if you use syn. nutrients, you would start approx. 10 days to 2 wks. w/plain water. I use organic stuff and as far as flushing, maybe 5 days before, if I remember..lol with organics I'm not sure if u have to flush..? last yr I feed them molasses up until 2 days before the chop. I'm sure more will see this post and chime in, this site and it's members are extremely helpful, and they want you to be successful and you will be. if you do a good search, you will find answers to most of your questions. I'm a new grower myself since last yr and the members and info here is 1st class, you'll see.....

again :welcome: to 420 ................... people with more experience will be along soon .....................:Namaste:

be well

fringe50

If you use synthethic nutrients, salt nutrients or ammonium nitrate based nutrients in abundance you have to flush... but don't lie to yourself, you're not gonna flush out substances from the buds thathave already been absorbed, that's just flawed science. If you grow organically you never have to flush, and that's been confirmed by many experienced growers, cause plant will only take what she needs leaving everything else behind. Exception is bloodmeal I found, it makes your buds taste foul, so I don't recommend it.

It depends what you used for your grow, Ive used organic nutes up to the day I harvested and it didn't effect the taste one bit. Ive heard it makes for a smoother smoke and results in nice white as. But no clue as to whether that actually makes for better product if that extra week of feed might've done something.

Back
Top Bottom