Harvesting, Guerilla-Style

RangerDanger

My favorite time of the year (except for smoking them).
I'd hike in a little later than usual. As always, I'd note if there were any other cars at the trailhead turnout, and pay close attention on the hike in, looking for fresh footprints. When I got the the bottom of the canyon I'd hang around the bandito campsite innocently fishing (catch and release) until it started getting close to dusk.
Then I'd hike to my garden, once I was sure that there was no one around.
I'd chop the branches off and in the fading light "field-strip" the buds off the branches. I'd start a campfire and toss the branches, as well as a bud (offering to the plant gods) into the fire.
I'd pack the buds into 3 layers of garbage bags. By this time it'd be dark so I'd carefully make my way out (full-moon nights were the best, especially the harvest moon), toss the bags in the back of my van and head home.

Note: Once I harvested, tossed the bags in the back of the van and was heading home. The drive entails driving on a winding mountain road for 1/2 hours.
About 10 minutes into the drive a cop car roars up behind me and lights me up.
OH SHIT!.
Even though the weed was triple-bagged, the van reeked of pot. I knew as soon as I rolled down the window I'd be busted.
So I'm looking for a turn-out so I can pull over, all the while figuring who I can call to go my bail.
When we get to a turn out the loudspeaker in the cops car commands "PULL OVER".
I do, and then the cops car whip around me and continue's down the road.
He wasn't after me.
Further down the road, near the freeway on-ramp, I see 3 cop cars and a regular car, and notice someone sitting in the back of one of cop cars. The cop that had lit me up had been in a hurry to assist in an arrest.

P.S. when I got home I had to change my pants.

great story man, very visual. i enjoy reading about your outdoor adventures.

Back
Top Bottom