has anyone ever used General hydroponics Waterfarm?

kazegotgame

I've been using this system for a couple weeks and the roots are starting to drop into the water reservoir, is this safe for the roots?
Btw - there's no bubbles in the water because it's supposed to be a drip irrigation

I have used them and still use them sometimes, you will be alright with the roots hanging down in the water. The system bubbles water up the feed tube to the drip ring, there is bubbling going on in the reservoir, I will sometimes run another air line down the front blue sight/drain tube with an air stone on it, do that if you're concerned about oxygen content, works great.

Make sure you check the clear air line that connects to the feed line, it will get plugged up with nutrient salts, not the fatter clear feed tube, but the clear air line that runs down the back of the fatter clear feed tube, it plugs into the intake nipple and will clog up at that spot and not let air push water up the feed line to the drip ring, I would check it every 3 weeks or so. It's easy to know it's clogged when no water/ slow water is dripping from ring. :peace:

Roots are suppose to go down in the water. Normally people will drill extra holes to allow roots to grow down more easily. Alot of people will say you need air stones added to bottom of bucket. Ive never used air stones and had great success. The water is getting plenty of oxygen just by dripping from the top through the clay pebbles. Some tips to not overlook are keep the water refreshed about once per week. Maybe more often when your plant is growing fast and drinking alot of water. My plant would drink over 1 1/2 gallons a day and it has a 2 gallon reservoir. So you have to fill it daily. You dont want your ppm's to get out of control. Also when your flushing dump all the water out then full with 2 gallons of clean water and let set for an hour. Then put the new fertilized water. This will help keep your roots flushed and healthy. Try not to get a long flower strain the shorter the better. Like around 8 weeks instead of 12 weeks. So you dont have issues with roots towards the end. Other then that they work great good luck.

Back
Top Bottom