Has she hermied?

Hazeydazey

420 Member
This plant is on day 28 of flower and a couple of weeks behind the others and I’ve found a couple of seeds which I will post a picture of. I’ve literally checked all of it and surrounding plants and can’t find no signs of any of them being a hermie. So confused and literally spent hours trying to find a clue but I can’t. Hoping someone on here can help me. It’s going to be a big yeilder so don’t want to throw it out but at the same time down want to risk the rest of the crop

F77BC9E3-E061-4095-B802-4D634EDEA2EA.png

6420BD58-E660-49CC-8FB4-FE8634EB9CE3.png

5DEF5097-AB63-4CF1-8BB7-A85F1809B691.jpeg

DB0848DB-55CB-4D94-BEBE-685ABE91C20D.jpeg

11BA1638-7853-4C28-8173-49C6DC5A0A2F.jpeg

Is there a particular reason I could be finding seeds though? Proper panicking here
Most likely somewhere in the area of where you found the seeds there is a banana shaped part located in the flower bud. By now any banana that pollinated and produced those seeds is done, dead and shrinking.

This banana thing starts off green, then it starts to open and the yellow shows, then it is very yellow and often pollen will be seen falling off if it is touched.

Usually, but not always, I find them in the smaller buds in the lower area of the canopy at about 4 weeks into flowering. Towards the end of the prime harvest window I have noticed them showing up in the top buds if I have left the plant in the flowering cabinet or tent to long.

This ^^^^ those small pistols attached to the main stems are female flowers. Those are the first flowers to show up when the plant in starting to show sex. These are the flowers that get pollinated by a male bit as described by @SmokingWings.

This will not affect your grow. Just keep an eye out for any more male bits - we call them nanners (bananas). If you see anymore pick them off. They usually show up down low and inside to pollinate those early flowers.

Its perfectly normal. Its a genetic thing cannabis does for self preservation. Oh and as a side bonus those seeds are S1 or an exact copy of the mother plant and FEM seed.

Back
Top Bottom