Hash Making

Re: Roseman's Hash Making

So....do i put my trimmings straight into the freezer while they are still fresh or wait for them to dry and then put them in freezer??

So....do i put my trimmings straight into the freezer while they are still fresh or wait for them to dry and then put them in freezer??

I would dry them out first.

Paper bags or cardboard box works great. Keep stiring them to prevent mold and to keep the drying nice even.

Once nice and dry, throw em in freezer ziplock bags and deep freeze! :bong:

OK i just pulled them out of freezer! letting them thaw/dry by the light exhaust. I had a feeling they shouldn't be wet and frozen. thanks.

No worries!

Which method are you thinking about using? just curious

I did the ice bags in the past and had minimal product. Im gonna try the dry pollen box way this time. I found a box on ebay for like $15, waiting for it to arrive. I also have a many press that I will put the kief into.

The advantage of a Kief box is you can do those trim leaves, (or buds) over, and over, and over and over, again, and again, until you get every last trich.

But the advantage of ice extraction is, you don't need to do it over and over and over. 2-3 runs will harvest every last bit of cannabinoid! lol Or at least close to it! But it does take some getting used to.

Keif box is cool in the fact, you can do a run, get some keif, then throw the rest in the pot for some butter. Its like double duty! :yummy:

I break up my nugs when rolling a doob over my keif box. Collect any falling trich's. Then when you have enough, mix the keif in with the doob and bam! out like a light! lol

I love all the different ways to enjoy the same plant! :yummy:

The advantage of a Kief box is you can do those trim leaves, (or buds) over, and over, and over and over, again, and again, until you get every last trich.

But the advantage of ice extraction is, you don't need to do it over and over and over. 2-3 runs will harvest every last bit of cannabinoid! lol Or at least close to it! But it does take some getting used to.

Keif box is cool in the fact, you can do a run, get some keif, then throw the rest in the pot for some butter. Its like double duty! :yummy:

I break up my nugs when rolling a doob over my keif box. Collect any falling trich's. Then when you have enough, mix the keif in with the doob and bam! out like a light! lol

I love all the different ways to enjoy the same plant! :yummy:

Good Points Guys. You cant go wrong either way. :Rasta:

This just arrived in mail. Only $22. Not bad!

SAM_0807.JPG

Tell us more.

If you roll a joint on the screen daily, you know, break down a nug on the screen, even if it is bag seed commercial brown pot, within about 4 weeks, you'l have enough Kief to get a half gram to a gram of hash.

I rarely roll joints these days, but I suppose if I do break down the shake in the box, it would be after I use the combo pollen/grinder that I recently got for around $20 online.

SAM_0808.JPG

Rosey, RP, - Ice extraction Q, please! What am I doing wrong. I cant get the green water to filter thru the paper coffee filter? wtf.... I let it settle in an ice cold fridge after I pour it thru the permanent coffee filter. It clogs up immediately and nothing flows thru. I have tried 2 brands of perm filters and neither fixed the problem. I keep rereading the instructions and cant find out what I am doing wrong. Any ideas? thx

I rarely roll joints these days, but I suppose if I do break down the shake in the box, it would be after I use the combo pollen/grinder that I recently got for around $20 online.

Hey I got that same one in black!! I love the catch tray with the screen! It's too small tho, I have Neanderthal hands.

Rosey, RP, - Ice extraction Q, please! What am I doing wrong. I cant get the green water to filter thru the paper coffee filter? wtf.... I let it settle in an ice cold fridge after I pour it thru the permanent coffee filter. It clogs up immediately and nothing flows thru. I have tried 2 brands of perm filters and neither fixed the problem. I keep rereading the instructions and cant find out what I am doing wrong. Any ideas? thx
No response so everybody must be off today.
This was my very first attempt and I THINK I know what I did but not really sure. I may have blended it too much. I guess the plant matter clogged the coffee filter. I'm going to try another batch and blend it on the lowert speed for 2 minutes....hope that's right!:surf:

Figured it out, I think....anyway, got some nice light tan stuff drying. Anxious to press and bake it..and me as well..he,he

Damn, Manning really blew it with the interceptions and that kicker x@#!&. I was rooting for them but they gave it away. :( Congrats New Orleans. SuperBowl victory tonite and Mardi Gras in a couple weeks. Wow. Let the good times roll!!!!.

No response so everybody must be off today.
This was my very first attempt and I THINK I know what I did but not really sure. I may have blended it too much. I guess the plant matter clogged the coffee filter. I'm going to try another batch and blend it on the lowert speed for 2 minutes....hope that's right!:surf:

No plant matter goes in the paper coffee filter.

After you blend it up good, you pour SOME, just a little, like two heaping tablespoons , into the permanent wire mesh coffee filter, and let it drain out. Then pour ice water through it again, maybe twice again, and it the ater drain out, and put that water in a big jar.
Then put two more heaping tablespoons of the mix in the wire mesh coffee filter and do ti again, and again. The murky water that comes out goes into a jar, into the refrigerator and later that water gets poured into the paper coffee filter.

Figured it out, I think....anyway, got some nice light tan stuff drying. Anxious to press and bake it..and me as well..he,he

Damn, Manning really blew it with the interceptions and that kicker x@#!&. I was rooting for them but they gave it away. :( Congrats New Orleans. SuperBowl victory tonite and Mardi Gras in a couple weeks. Wow. Let the good times roll!!!!.

I asked a friend and he said do not use a blender. he told me to use whole leaves, not crumbled, in a very large bowl, or pan, or bucket, and put the whole leaves in it with lots of ice and get a mixer, like you mix cakes with, and stir it up for ten minutes and then pour that into the permanent coffee filter and ti will drain out easier, HE SAID.

Back
Top Bottom