Hash Making

Re: Roseman's Hash Making

Thanks RP - Prob I'm having is with the paper coffee filter. After I blend the scuff, even tho I filter through a metal permanent coffee filter, when I try to run it throught the paper coffee filter, after itsettles, it immediately clogs the paper filter...

Gotcha. I had that happen too. No worries.

I went and got this type of little device from a Target or some big supply store:
Amazon: Tea Infuser Stainless Steel 1.5 Inch Mesh Pincer Spoon

Use it to skim the top of the water. Gets a lot of the plant material out. Be careful not to stir up the trichomes sitting on the bottom!

Next, use a turkey baster. Barely submerge the tip, and suck out some of the water. This will also take a lot of the plant material out with it, once you get it down. Again, careful of those blonde trichomes on the bottom!

So now the Jar should be 1/3 as full of water as when you started. Should be pretty clean, green water. Now you should be able to pour the water with minimal clogging.

The goal here isn't to filter anymore. Basically the paper filter is used to catch the wet trichomes.

Hope that helps some. Keep us posted.

Hey, check this guy out, he makes Kief boxes, $40. Uses 120 micro silk screen. He has his standard sizes but will do anything custom you'd like. He evens burns a design in the top, your choice if within reason.

So, hand made in Washington state, buy American!

I'd like to find the source for those hand made boxes from Colorado, can anyone give me a link!

Hey, check this guy out, he makes Kief boxes, $40. Uses 120 micro silk screen. He has his standard sizes but will do anything custom you'd like. He evens burns a design in the top, your choice if within reason.

So, hand made in Washington state, buy American!

I'd like to find the source for those hand made boxes from Colorado, can anyone give me a link!

Didn't find a link to the Washington state kief box...that's where I'm from!

Ah just moved..been a slow process still unpacking.. been busy with the work and trying to manage the grow between (See my sig... Everyone!).

So I have a theory.. one could take pollen box/screen grade A or B hash and refine it from plant matter even further with the water layering techniques, I'm betting. Trys sink and plant matter floats... right? Is there anything else that sinks in the frigid cold water? I wonder how pure you could really get it with this method.. Time to find a macro lens and experiment!

Ah just moved..been a slow process still unpacking.. been busy with the work and trying to manage the grow between (See my sig... Everyone!).

So I have a theory.. one could take pollen box/screen grade A or B hash and refine it from plant matter even further with the water layering techniques, I'm betting. Trys sink and plant matter floats... right? Is there anything else that sinks in the frigid cold water? I wonder how pure you could really get it with this method.. Time to find a macro lens and experiment!

At first I thought you asked is there anything else that SHRINKS in cold water! Then I re-read it, okay man, I'm back with you.

Re: -------'s Hash Making

I went and got this type of little device from a Target or some big supply store:

Use it to skim the top of the water. Gets a lot of the plant material out. Be careful not to stir up the trichomes sitting on the bottom!

Next, use a turkey baster. Barely submerge the tip, and suck out some of the water. This will also take a lot of the plant material out with it, once you get it down. Again, careful of those blonde trichomes on the bottom!

So now the Jar should be 1/3 as full of water as when you started. Should be pretty clean, green water. Now you should be able to pour the water with minimal clogging.

The goal here isn't to filter anymore. Basically the paper filter is used to catch the wet trichomes.

Strainer_Spoon.jpg

I was using a permanent coffee filter for the initial straining and that part worked great, no problems. After filtering thru the perm filter, I used the paper coffee filter for the final filtering for all the mix and it clogged because I was trying to put too much filtered mix thru it. Finally, I put about 1/2 cup thru a paper filter and it did strain through...after 6+ hours...Lots of blond kief tho. Now, after I spoon out all the water I can, I use the paper filter and it works great.

Thanks for all your help!
Thanks

great thread, the hash under the glass brings back so many old memories of fine hash smoke flowing like A water fall down the side of the glass, it would get us totally ripped!

i used a similar technique a couple weeks ago with wax paper and a hot spatula, hash in less then 10 minutes.1st time I smoked hash in about 20 years...

I was using a permanent coffee filter for the initial straining and that part worked great, no problems. After filtering thru the perm filter, I used the paper coffee filter for the final filtering for all the mix and it clogged because I was trying to put too much filtered mix thru it. Finally, I put about 1/2 cup thru a paper filter and it did strain through...after 6+ hours...Lots of blond kief tho. Now, after I spoon out all the water I can, I use the paper filter and it works great.

Thanks for all your help!
Thanks

Glad it worked out for you. I remember with mine, I set it up to drain and walked away. No idea how long it took, but no way was I standing there. lol

After doing this, it's what motivated me to drop the $80 and have a 5 bag set shipped to my door. Nothing but good things to say about it! Makes it so much easier too, and lets you do more in one run. :peace:

Glad it worked out for you. I remember with mine, I set it up to drain and walked away. No idea how long it took, but no way was I standing there. lol

After doing this, it's what motivated me to drop the $80 and have a 5 bag set shipped to my door. Nothing but good things to say about it! Makes it so much easier too, and lets you do more in one run. :peace:
[I[/I]

I thought about getting the bags but, now that I know how to do it this way, I can do without...thanks too all you helpful folks.:thanks:

great thread, the hash under the glass brings back so many old memories of fine hash smoke flowing like A water fall down the side of the glass, it would get us totally ripped!

i used a similar technique a couple weeks ago with wax paper and a hot spatula, hash in less then 10 minutes.1st time I smoked hash in about 20 years...

I went from 1995 to 2005 without seeing any hash around here.

I'd like to find a drift of that gold snow Rosys' been playin with !! The last hash I had was some afgany stuff from the dispensary, didn't seem to be the same as I remembered it. Still looking for some good stuff, maybe with a little luck I can scrape some up over the next few grows !! :peace:

20 gram block of some grade Cish Blender/Screen hash
SciFi_IMG_0256.JPG

It take about 7-8 ounces of frozen grade-A trim, and a large blender or two medium sized ones for cool downs. Bust about 1/2 ounce and a time
on the silk screen and rake the shit out of it.

Top-down..
SciFi_IMG_0257.JPG

Next to a soda can...
SciFi_IMG_0258.JPG

What's this in my pipe? It looks like mold!
SciFi_IMG_0259.JPG

Burninate it with a flame! Clean it!

SciFi_IMG_0260.JPG

Mmm.. Mini-water pipe.
SciFi_IMG_0261.JPG

SciFi_IMG_0262.JPG

That pale blue reflection is a familiar website.. Mmm. I wonder what it could be?
SciFi_IMG_0263.JPG

I beat 'ya. The last time I smoked hash was 1973. Well actually I had some yesterday. but before that, it was in 1973. I always missed it.

:peace:

So how's the hash making coming along? I've seen you asking a lot of questions (thanks, it's helped me out a lot too!), what are the results? Or did I miss that post?

Wow, too many questions1

Back
Top Bottom