Have you ever stumbled upon someone's guerrilla grow?

Alchemist420

So back a couple months ago I was doing some backwoods hiking and exploring near my home. I live very near several state forests, public lands, and parks.
When I say backwoods, I mean no trails other than game trails, and just making my way through the back woods and brush.
I came upon a nice sunny opening in the canopy and was standing there taking a break and listening to what was going on around me, oblivious to what was growing all around me at first. Then I started smelling moth balls. I looked down and see moth balls spread all over the ground then I realized I was standing right in the middle of someone's guerrilla grow. I was surrounded by over a dozen 2-6 foot plants that I didn't even realize they were there as they blended in with the rest of the vegetation growing in the clearing. They did not look like they are tended to regularly. They were planted in a low area that is an upstream run off to a near by hidden pond in the woods, No crazy irrigation. They had no pruning or training, pretty much just left to grow natural with some pest and animal control. Just moth balls on the ground and what appeared to be some kind of pesticide powder sprinkled on them. So I am assuming they are visited after rains to dose them again and check on them.

Don't know who's they are, and didn't want to stick around to find out and possibly end up in a very dangerous situation. I did pull out my phone and snap some quick pictures before I got out of the area.

It's an area I hike through regularly, I just never explored this part of that area. I have actually never seen anyone else back in this area and rarely see evidence of anyone else in this area.

I was actually tempted to go back and snip a couple clones of the best looking ones to add to my genetics, but don't think that is probably the best idea...LOL!

So has anyone else ever stumble across a grow that they didn't know was there or who it belongs to ???

2016-07-16_12_19_09.jpg
2016-07-16_12_18_37.jpg
2016-07-16_12_18_32.jpg
2016-07-16_12_18_28.jpg
2016-07-16_12_18_22.jpg
2016-07-16_12_18_24.jpg
2016-07-16_12_18_18.jpg
2016-07-16_12_18_08.jpg
2016-07-16_12_17_57.jpg
2016-07-16_12_17_38.jpg
2016-07-16_12_17_20.jpg
2016-07-16_12_17_17.jpg
2016-07-16_12_17_08.jpg

That's amazing.

Be careful out there, in USA cannabis is still a federally illicit substance that could get someone's perfect crime record ruined for life. 1st world problems :bongrip:

Exactly Vlad. Not only the risk of Legal issue, but also the possibility of running into the owner and them not being too happy to see a stranger near their grow.
Not worth the risk to go back or even be in the vicinity of it.

I am curious how many other members have stumbled across someone's guerrilla grow.

Exactly Vlad. Not only the risk of Legal issue, but also the possibility of running into the owner and them not being too happy to see a stranger near their grow.
Not worth the risk to go back or even be in the vicinity of it.

I am curious how many other members have stumbled across someone's guerrilla grow.

I know right?

The world is so messed up that people give kindness and respect to their animals one moment and then react in hostility to an innocent stranger on another.

Owner might not be an anti-social psychopath but someone on 420 with a guerilla grow journal :laughtwo:

But not worth rolling the dice on that one. With so many guns in the USA, I'd not step foot out of my own property very often.

I'm paranoid. I can't escape civilization, I know the government we gave power and dominion over us wants to kill off the human population. Big international problems are always close to upsetting the world peace but the populace doesn't care, too zombied out to pay attention and react. Bread and Circus, look it up.
Oh wait I don't know where this is going so time to smoke weed again :bongrip:

I found one once, in an overgrown clearcut way up a very rough washed out old road. I was picking berries and clambering around and found about fifty plants well hidden. The plants were ok but not as nice as my indoor ones. I thought about leaving a note at the garden telling them to hide it better, and just to say hi. But actually it was pretty well hidden. Finally decided to just leave it alone and made sure there was sign that I was ever there. No point making them paranoid for no good reason.

Owner might not be an anti-social psychopath but someone on 420 with a guerilla grow journal :laughtwo:

Haha! I thought about that also when I posted this thread. How funny it would be if someone recognized the grow and commented "Hey those are my Plants"

I found one once, in an overgrown clearcut way up a very rough washed out old road. I was picking berries and clambering around and found about fifty plants well hidden. The plants were ok but not as nice as my indoor ones. I thought about leaving a note at the garden telling them to hide it better, and just to say hi. But actually it was pretty well hidden. Finally decided to just leave it alone and made sure there was sign that I was ever there. No point making them paranoid for no good reason.

Leaving a note would be funny!:rofl:

Yeah, not leaving any signs was probably the best choice. Why cause some stranger to be paranoid about their plants, there are plenty of other reasons for them to be paranoid and worry already.

Back
Top Bottom