Heating trouble

william-blaze

hi guys.
im am new user to 420 and as im starting my first grow i though it would be a good idea to call on the knowledge you guys have.
so, iv got my grow room set up and all bar a few little details im ready to go. but im having a little trouble sustaining 24+ c i only done a quick dummy run to test temp and it only hit 18. iv got a 1200 w heater and i think given a bit more time the temp would rise enough (only tested for about an hour) any help or advice would be very gratefully received! :adore:

what kind of lights are you planning on running? It gets fairly cold in my grow room with the lights off, but when they're on, they heat up the area nicely for me. I have a 600w HPS in flower

as its my first grow im only doing 4 power plant. im using a 250w cfl to vegitate and 2 250w HID for flowering. i think... cant see the boxes right now and im abit of a rookie. i know its cold in the uk right now and my grow wont start till a couple weeks in to febuary so im hoping it wont be as cold. would another heater be to much? also i did run the light during my temp test but cfl's dont really heat up im told?! thanx

Well still gonna be cold around our parts for awhile yet, even tho its been a mild winter so to speak.

You might want to think twice about 1.2KW heater x price per unit of eletric x by 24 hours... thats a couple of £££ a day bang on £60 plus a month in heating.

Now you might want to think about one of these... also ya can get em at screwfix.
Coopers of Stortford 45W Room Heater With Cover from Coopers of Stortford
or
Hylite IP55 80W Tube Greenhouse Heater - The Greenhouse People

I've heard of thermastat which can be used inside with these heaters 'n' all to keep a balance temp.

Ye still going to need ventilation which will be pulling cool air through your tent/grow area tho.

yea thats a really god point, elec bill will be a bit much, ill look at those heaters. my ventilation fan is fairly heavy duty, i think the air is being replaced to fast possibly?? iv looked at fan speed adjusters not sure if that will help?

They say a grow room/tent needs it an air changing 20 times per hour, i use a slightly smaller fan for my own grow area.

The thing is i'm not sure if a constant temperature through day/night period is good for MJ plant ?

Part of a natural cycle is drop in temps in the night time period of aprox 10c more than a 15c drop may shock plants !

With my own i keep temps around...

Night time/lights off at 17 to 18c
Day time/lights on at 26c to 28c - central heating may effect this a little bit as its an indoor grow.

Average temps, for a 90cm by 90cm by 180cm grow area with 400w HPS

yea because my grow tent is 1m x 2.4m x 2m. i think the extractor im using is maybe a bit to much. im going to run a heat test with the extractor off for a short time, might give me some idea as to what a fan speed adjuster might do?!

Aye its a good idea to crank it up for a while see what the temps turn out like.

You can always put your extractor fan on a timer ! 15 mins on 45 off /15 on 15 off 15 on 15 off etc etc

yea ill do a few more tests and see what happens. my extractor so you can see what im asking about. thanx for all the help guys, and ill be asking many more questions im sure.

IMG_23143.JPG
IMG_23115.JPG

right iv done a few more tests and by george i think i got it! iv wrapped my grow tent in thick loft insulation (yea i have left room to get in!) and ran my heater, light (only clf so not much heat), extractor and fan, got it up to 26 c with heater on full and 22 switching off the fan every few mins. also not to bad with heater on 2/3, so i think a fan speed controller is what i need, if anyone has used or using one wouldn't mind knowing if there reliable. thanx

they are reliable.

you will save yourself power, it will run quieter, and you will extend the life of your fan, not to mention your carbon filter. (but it doesnt look like you use a filter)

awesome thanx guys. i have actually pushed my extractor back, i did think less duct was better. also, i will be using a carbon filter but only during flowering... not much need before is there?!? nice one on the help. more questions im sure.. :adore:
IMG_23157.JPG
IMG_23165.JPG

depending ont he strain, they may stink (not as bad as flowering obviously)

and typically they will smell like a vegetable garden when in veg stage, but, i know i'v had a couple strains that stunk the place up when still vegging.

just keep an eye on it. er... nose...

if it smells enough for you to notice, then someone else might too.

im growing Power Plant for my first grow. dont think they smell to bad in veg stage?!? and yea as soon as i get a wif im waking the carbon bad boy on!! x

Back
Top Bottom