Hello All, Long Time No Comms From Me, Here's The Scuttlebut!

Oh Yeah, BTW!!! Congrats On Avoiding The Big One, You Lucky Guy. Tell Ya What I Have Been Going Through Health Wise, I Porked Up To 269LBS(HEAVIEST I HAVE EVER WEIGHED, NOT DOING ENOUGH FOR THAT, USED TO BE SO ACTIVE, IT IS A KILLER!!!), But I Am Attempting To Bring This Back, Weight Loss And Exercise, I NEED It. I Actually Took It Down To 230LBS At One Point, Then Here Came The Holidays(I KNOW, A BS Excuse!!! But Got Back Up To 252 During That Time.) I Now Weigh 243LBS And Trending Downwards, It Just Takes All My Concentration On It To Beat It, I Can Do That Still I Think!!! Anyways Buck, Watch That Ticker, I'll Watch Mine As Well, I Have HBP Now As Well, But I Take A Drug Called Uniretic For It. Moexepril Mixed With Hydrochlorathiazide. It Keeps It Normal, And When I Lose The Weight It Trends Down As Well, I Love Cured Pickles(THE SALTY PICKLES:high-five:), And Have Had To Curtail One Of My Favorite No Calorie Foods, But It Is Worth It At Almost 50, Time To Moderate That Crap As Well. Have Not Drank Since Getting Out On My Send Off From The Corps, I Do Not Desire Nor Need It, Never Have, After Marrying Yarrow At 25, By The Grace Of God. You Take Care Old Friend, Write ANYTIME, I Will Answer YOU!!! In Much Love And The Utmost Respect, JamesTheGreen.:thumb:!!!

I Have Never Experienced That From The HCTZ Ser Jandre, And Would Rather Not Have To,LOL!!! So Sorry That It Effects You This Way, It Is Supposed To Be One Of The Mildest HBP Medications, But We All Know That Means Diddly Squat If It DOES Effect Us That Way!!! I Hope They Have Something Better You Can Take, That Is Not Like $250.00 Dollars For A 30 Day Supply, Or Something Crappy Like That. Knights Commander Of The 420 Knights Watch, JamesTheGreen:thumb:!!!

I Have Never Experienced That From The HCTZ Ser Jandre, And Would Rather Not Have To,LOL!!! So Sorry That It Effects You This Way, It Is Supposed To Be One Of The Mildest HBP Medications, But We All Know That Means Diddly Squat If It DOES Effect Us That Way!!! I Hope They Have Something Better You Can Take, That Is Not Like $250.00 Dollars For A 30 Day Supply, Or Something Crappy Like That. Knights Commander Of The 420 Knights Watch, JamesTheGreen:thumb:!!!

LOL!! I have some migraine pills that my monthly supply of 12 is $1800. I'm glad insurance picks up THAT tab...

Yarrow Has One Prescription That Costs $4,800 Dollars For A One Month Supply. She Can Get It Because She Has Been On It For Nigh On 15 Years Now,(THEY TRIED/DID TAKE IT AWAY FROM MANY PEOPLE, BUT SHE WAS GRANDFATHERED IN BECAUSE OF HER LONG USAGE, BUT WE STILL HAVE TO HAVE HER DOCTOR AND PHARMACY FILE A TAR FOR HER EVERY YEAR TO RECEIVE IT), In Case You Do Not Know What A TAR Is, It Is Like The Now Defunct Prior Authorization Form That People Would Still Have To Have Their Doctor And Pharmacist File To The Insurance Company. I Forget What TAR Stands For. Bottom Line Is, Now If You Were To Be Prescribed This Particular Medication(MS-CONTIN 200mg Tabs), The Insurance(UNLESS YOU WERE GRANDFATHERED IN, LIKE YARROW), Will Only Give Out 90 For A Months Supply, Yarrow Receives 180 Per Monthly Supply, As She Takes 400mg TID(THREE TIMES A DAY), And Being An Opiate, If They Tried To Take It From Her, Or Lower Her Dosage, They Could Put Her Into Withdraw And Kill Her. But The First Time They Tried To Do This Last Year, It Took Reading On My Part To Find Out About Being Grandfathered In!!! Her Doctor Did Not Know, And The Pharmacy Would Not Tell Us, Even Though They Said They Already Knew She Could Have This Done, It Is Not In Their Policies To Tell Patients About Things Like Grandfathering, Thats Our Job They Said!!!(I FELT LIKE THAT WAS A SNEAKY WAY TO DO BUSINESS, AND THY DO THIS BECAUSE THEY DO NOT WANT PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND IT CAN BE DONE, AS IT SAVES THEM TIME AND PAPERWORK NOT TO!!! PRETTY UNDERHANDED, YARROW NEARLY BROKE DOWN WHEN AT FIRST THEY TOLD HER SHE COULD ONLY RECEIVE 90 A MONTH, THANKFULLY I WAS ABLE TO FIND OUT ABOUT IT IN THE BY-LAWS AND PAPERWORK THAT THEY KNOW MOST PEOPLE DO NOT READ, TO ME THAT IS REPREHENSIBLE AND EVEN CRIMINAL!!!), But Maybe You Can Get A TAR For Some Of Your Medicines That Are Not Covered, If You Have Been Taking Them Long Enough, Ser Jandre. They Say They Wish To Help Us, But In Reality, It Is About Them Helping Themselves. Another Funny Thing Is That Everyone That Has Insurance, Should Be Able To Get Their MEDS Every 25 Days, Not Every 29-30, That Is Something Else That Pharmacies Do Not Want Us To Know, And They Will Lie To You About And Say That It Is The Insurances And Their Stores Policy To Only Refill On The 29-30th Day. That Is All BS, I Found This Out By Having To Go Into The City To Pick Up Her Meds Over The Past 15 Years, So Since I Was Doing A 400 Mile Roundtrip For Her Meds, And They Had Come To Know Me Over The Course Of Time, They Let Me Know That Little Inside Secret. But The Pharmacist Still Can Refuse To Fill Your Prescription, Even Though They Can After 25 Days, If They Feel Like Being Jerks, Or Enjoy Having The Power To Refuse, Especially Pain Killers, And Benzodiazepams, And Sleeping Meds. Especially Holier Than Thou Pharmacists. Which Is How All Our Pharmacies Are Run In Our County, As They Are Controlled By The Seventh Day Adventist Church(HOW I KNOW NOT), But Our Hospitals In This County Are Either All Adventist Hospitals, Or Closely Associated With, And Follow ALL Guidelines Set Forth By The Ruling Adventist Medical Council. I Drive This 400 Mile Roundtrip Once A Month For Her, Because For One, This Particular Medicine Is Not Allowed To Be Ordered Or Sold In Our County, And Also Because In Order To Get It, I Have To Travel To San Francisco Where There Is No 1 Hospital Group That Controls Everything. But For Her I Would Go To Los Angeles And Back If I Had To, So She Could Receive Her Meds. Medicine Is Supposed To Be About Healing Or Making Those That Will Never Be Well, Comfortable In The Very Least!!! Politicians, Hospital Management And The City Council Should Not Be Making The Rules For People That Need Their Meds, Just To Get Out Of Bed In The Morning, To Try And Live As Comfortably As Possible, Thank Goodness For The Herb, Yarrow Probably Would Be Dead By Now If Not For Gods Miracle Plant, It Works Better For Her Than Any Pill!!! Knights Commander Of The 420 Knights Watch, JamesTheGreen:thumb:.

Certain procedures and services are subject to authorization by Medi-Cal before reimbursement can be approved. Authorization requests are made with a Treatment Authorization Request (TAR). Authorization requirements are based on Federal and State law.

Medi-Cal Kaiser treats me well... they even give me free USPS delivery, so I don't have to risk driving with sudden onset nausea with vomiting, aura, and vertigo.

The only reason I only get 12 pills is that they are extremely dangerous for my age, and could cause heart attack or stroke, so FDA highly regulates them due to the risk... The more I take, the more at-risk, I am.

Just keep in mind that we'll be thinking about you guys & hope things smooth out for ya :peace:

Back
Top Bottom