Hello all

Roachweed

Another newbie here, going from lurking to coming out.

Four years ago, I was diagnosed with a bulged disc in my lower spine (between L4 and 5) and discovered that smoking marihuana actually helps much better with pain management than a handful of prescription pills that are liver damaging and possibly addictive. I live in Germany where medical marihuana is available, although not yet approved for chronic pain from spine injuries like mine. But considering recent governmental discussion publicity on the subject, the outlook is promising. My wife and I are both activists for complete marihuana legalization as well as for other subjects. We enjoy participating in various marches and demonstrations ranging from the 'World Marihuana March', to 'Say no to GMO' to the 'Consume rEvolution'.

I'm not new to growing or the stealth grow concept. I've never kept a grow journal, but I've always kept notes on important dates from veg and flower times to water/fertilizer reminders. About a year ago I joined this site :420: and am still ingesting an overwhelming amount of information. It was then that I decided to go to the grow tent method (instead of the windowsill method), and my harvests dramatically increased. I usually only have one plant growing at a time. I seldom share my crop, and do not nor anticipate selling...three plants a year is just enough for me.

I'm using a generic tent 80cm square and 160cm tall with silver interior, a 125 watt CFL for veg, and a 250 watt HPS for flower with a Lumatec digital ballast, and an Adjust-a-wing Defender reflector. Sometimes I have a small fan running; no filter system. I like to prune, it's the safest and easiest way to control growth height and to force the plant to focus more on bud production. I prefer 15 liter textile pots or air pots and a longer veg period of 8 weeks minimum for a healthy root system and stem. Sometimes I like to do low stress training; time and strain depending. I use my own compost mixed 1:1 with BioBizz light-mix potting soil and add their organic liquid fertilizers lineup to my watering scheme. I've always fertilized exact to the manufacturers recommendation. My compost is only plant clippings from my own garden, vegetable peelings, uncooked leftovers, and also a little chicken crap from my own herd. Note; chickens will take very good care of a compost pile.

I'm looking forward to meeting with the good folks here and sharing experiences.

:Namaste:

:welcome: Roachweed to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
Hope all is well in your world.
I recommend starting a grow journal so our most experienced growers can find and assist you!
How many 125W bulbs are you using?
Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Grow Marijuana, Everything You Need to Know!
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We are truly grateful that you have joined us!

Greenest Regards, :green_heart: :Namaste:
Beateo

Roachweed,
Hi again. Not really on topic..... I met my wife in Kaiserslautern when I was stationed in Germany back in the mid 80's. I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could afford it! Every street looked like it could be a picture on a post card or a Norman Rockwell painting! I used to go to Frankfurt on weekends to party... I couldn't walk down the street without 6 different offers to buy hash! lol
:goodluck: with your grow brother!
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom