Hello, first time grower

GrimReefer2007

Started a few seeds a couple weeks ago in jiffy peat pots thinking they would be good for easy outdoor transplant... mistake that was, find they dry out too quick and the soil shrinks away from it. May have severely damaged them, doesn’t matter really won’t be going in the ground till June 1st and I’m germinating a couple more seeds for 4” square plastic containers.

I’ve spent a lot of time reading one here for soil grows and am trying to get my best understanding for it. I will be growing 4 outdoor plants, each plot 2ftx2ft mixed ground soil with promix organic herb and vegetable. I dug for fence post in the area this week and it’s good loamy soil with earth worms approximately 2ft to sandy bad 4”-6” think with clay under that. Plants will be about 3ft apart.

starting in 4” pots with promix organic herb and vegetable only and distilled water. pretty sure the first four I have in peat pots are doomed so Im trying to save the only fem blueberry seedling I have I transplanted it today into a square plastic pot. I’m assuming that one will go into shock as I had to rinse white growth from the bottom of the peat pot, trying gently not to rip the Roots. Some damage happened, hopefully it will bounce back... the other 2 I have a couple more seeds so I’m just germinating a couple more for plastic pots. ( Canuk cookies , GG#4) also found a few bag seeds in my citradelic sunset so trying a couple of those for females.

I’m just here for any tips and pointers that could help a newbie out.

For the indoor phase I am using 45w led root farm light. 18/6. I will switch it to 16/8 2 weeks before outdoor transplant. With as much outdoor time as possible, shade the first couple days and gradually increasing the sunlight.

thanks for taking the time to read my post and sharing your knowledge with this community.

Back
Top Bottom