hello from india

edensmj420

:Namaste: hello everyone !!this is my first post and i'm still figuring everything out!!
20150110_162405.jpg
20150110_162353.jpg
20150110_162346.jpg
20150110_162245.jpg

so this is my third grow
growing outside , the plant gets about 4 1/2 hours of direct sunlight now
started from seed , it was from a bag of bhutia weed (thats what we call this strain because its supposed to be from bhutan)
sprouted in june and had to keep it pruning to keep it small ( this strain stretches a lot!)
so its flowering now and it doesn't seem to be filling out
giving them cow manure and sugar water once a week
its in a 3L pot
how long do you think this will be ready to harvest and what should i do to make the buds more compact
the pics were taken today
:peace:

Welcome. It's indoor only for me right now but outdoor is just around the corner. Check out my garden thread and if you need any help just let me know

lol i had heard about molasses so i thought sugar water would do the same thing
okay no more sugar water
and we don't get specially made fertiliser here , so would compost tea work??
or should i make a cocktail of chemical fertilisers like urea,phosphate,potash etc.??

lol i had heard about molasses so i thought sugar water would do the same thing
okay no more sugar water
and we don't get specially made fertiliser here , so would compost tea work??
or should i make a cocktail of chemical fertilisers like urea,phosphate,potash etc.??

I would advise against the cocktail personally. Ive spent a couple years in India and do know that you're living in very different circumstances than most of the people on this forum regarding 'running to the store' to buy what you need,etc. In India sometimes it feels like everything is possible, and nothing is possible at the same time. Are you in a major city? You may be able to find basic commercial nutrients and if so maybe you can post info on their ingredients? Otherwise, and if you're in a rural setting it would be preferable to go a more organic route-some knowledge that local farmers will understand very well. And in lots of way probably by far the best choice to go organic regardless. Happy to find your post. Namaste
Ps. There are a lot of things I could say about your plant athough I'm no expert, but first it would be nice to understand more about the situation it's growing in. In a courtyard of some sort? Sounds like you're trying to keep it short as possible?- why, for privacy issues? Could it be planted in soil directly? I strongly suspect that in your situation you'd be best to ignore most of the indoor growing information that's available here and look at simple organic style methods, which you should be able to find here as well.

i went to the local shop andall they had was chemical fertiliser... so i guess it'll be organics for me :D
and you're right i'm trying to keep it small for privacy.....
i can plant it in the soil but it seems the soil is pretty polluted... planted one plant last year and it grew well for a few months and reached a height of 8 foot then it started developing weird mutant leaves... they were like marijuana leaves but extremelly small about 2.5 cm , and the buds on those had new growth coming out of it (imagine a new shoot coming out from inside a bud) then the plant just died... its root had rotted away... even had some thai's growing near it a couple of foot away and they had deficiency too and were getting very tall , ~12 foot ....so cut it down.....
this one was in a pot so it survived the deficiency and all ......
again this strains seems to stretch 3 times its size so i kept this one small by pruning and its grown to its current size
anyways i think i am getting a deficiency on this one now.... the buds are growing but the buds at the bottom are yellowing and dying .... like 2-3 at a time all over the plant.... N deficiency??

also i realised i can buy 1/2 an ounce of seeded (probably sun dried but still gets you high) schwag for like 1.62 dollars , and a litre of iso for around 3.251 dollars (currency converted)
so i am thinking to stop growing and make qwiso :D since it'll be easier to do this way
what ya think?? :peace:

also i realised i can buy 1/2 an ounce of seeded (probably sun dried but still gets you high) schwag for like 1.62 dollars , and a litre of iso for around 3.251 dollars (currency converted)
so i am thinking to stop growing and make qwiso :D since it'll be easier to do this way
what ya think?? :peace:
Sounds like it would be better to buy it hey? Is there a government bhang shop anywhere? - those can be good. I assume charas could be refined somehow using the iso, if charas is around. Seems like the growing situation is kind of stacked against you. Also- don't know how worried you are about the "privacy" issues in your area but you'd eliminate some of that too. But most of us have stuff stacked against us. I'm sure it's possible if you really want to figure out how to grow it there -just keep posting. Cheers

no there aren't any , we get our weed from paan shops ( shops selling betel nuts and leaves) and a few dealers sell weed grown in shillong ( i am from guwahati ) and people are mad about that stuff , if i go by description then they can be called mids , sometimes even sensimillia (the growers don't know though that it is stronger unseeded , so it is rare and comes by chance). it goes for 10 dollars for a half. :D
charas is very rare , it is usually sold only in metros.
i think i'll buy some this week , will post pics then :)
privacy is not really an issue here , i grew last year and the whole neighbourhood knew lol
our neighbour even asked my dad how i was growing it because he had never seen such a good marijuana plant and then even started growing himself :p
the only problem is with the cops , once they see me growing it'll be the jail for me or a hefty bribe (they will usually ask for money ) so thats the reason why i made the grow small this time around , lesser the amount of people know the better :peace:

no there aren't any , we get our weed from paan shops ( shops selling betel nuts and leaves) and a few dealers sell weed grown in shillong ( i am from guwahati ) and people are mad about that stuff , if i go by description then they can be called mids , sometimes even sensimillia (the growers don't know though that it is stronger unseeded , so it is rare and comes by chance). it goes for 10 dollars for a half. :D
charas is very rare , it is usually sold only in metros.
i think i'll buy some this week , will post pics then :)
privacy is not really an issue here , i grew last year and the whole neighbourhood knew lol
our neighbour even asked my dad how i was growing it because he had never seen such a good marijuana plant and then even started growing himself :p
the only problem is with the cops , once they see me growing it'll be the jail for me or a hefty bribe (they will usually ask for money ) so thats the reason why i made the grow small this time around , lesser the amount of people know the better :peace:

Yes that's why mentioned it. Like here, ganja smoking is a common reality, but as a "rich" westerner I Really did not want run afoul of the cops in India. My understanding was that the bribes were very huge there. Way bigger and more unpredictable than in other Asian countries, and the Indian justice system wasn't something I wanted to get mixed up in.
I think if I was in your position for growing, if you don't have to move the plant around much, I would get some good soil and make either a raised garden bed/box of some sort, or else get a bigger pot, and plant it in there. In the ground would be best if possible, or otherwise at least on the ground, in a mound/raised bed. Gives the roots more freedom and doesn't dry out so easily. Would it be possible to isolate a small area and create a healthy patch of soil? Then use organic methods for feeding it/them. Maybe rather than pruning, do some bending down/training techniques to keep the plant low but still very large. There's lots and lots of info in this forum on anything you need to know.

hey i checked out your journal
very nice plants you have growing :circle-of-love:

Amazing aren't they?

edensmj420 I would love to see you start a journal if you get growing. Would be very interesting.

20150206_154221.jpg

Some of the local stuff we get here
this batch smelled like oranges , orange candy to be precise
and it also felt a " menthol cool feeling " when i smelled it :p
don't think it is laced as the stuff i am growing at home also give a menthol like cool feeling when smelled , albeit weak

Smoke: very harsh , i couldn't bring myself to taking anymore bong tokes after 3 tokes , and tried a joint and even that felt bad , so made cannamilk
Taste:kind of tangy
Smoke smell: smells bad like burnt hair and burning dry leaves combined
Will try making iso-hash from this , still looking for a shop that sells iso

20150219_131030.jpg
20150219_131544.jpg

and here are two buds i took off today, they had nice 100% cloudy trichomes and so decided they had to be chopped
still have more buds on the plants that are at 50% cloudy (50 cloudy-50 clear) thinking about waiting a week for them
what do ya think??

and can you see the little ant on the second bud?? its dead!! i dunno why but i get a lot of dead ants and small flies on my buds.
its like they land on the bud , take a bite , get high, and just stay there till they die :D lol

Back
Top Bottom