Hello, new here, new to growing, timelapse

theoroij

Hi everyone,

I thought of growing because I wanted to have my own supply and as a hobby (i love plants).
It's my first grow so I'm wondering if my plants are growing properly, 2 x skunk#1 from seed.

My gear:

PVC tube grow box, height 175CM, width 150CM, depth 75CM.
3x 36W fluora tube fluorescent lamps + 1 18W fluora tube.
campo sana universal soil and perlite.

they are 1 week old (since they came out of the soil)
I potted them in the final big pot.
18/6 hours of light
day temp of 23-25 Cº /77 Fº
night temp of 20 Cº /68 Fº

I've been doing a timelapse taking pictures every 15 minutes with a cheap ip cam so there's not much detail but one can access growth easily. 1 day or so of footage is lacking in the beginning of the video.

[video=dailymotion;x2aqmca][/video]

Can I have your opinion on how they look so far?

Thank you all!

Hi everyone,

I thought of growing because I wanted to have my own supply and as a hobby (i love plants).
It's my first grow so I'm wondering if my plants are growing properly, 2 x skunk#1 from seed.

My gear:

PVC tube grow box, height 175CM, width 150CM, depth 75CM.
3x 36W fluora tube fluorescent lamps + 1 18W fluora tube.
campo sana universal soil and perlite.

they are 1 week old (since they came out of the soil)
I potted them in the final big pot.
18/6 hours of light
day temp of 23-25 Cº /77 Fº
night temp of 20 Cº /68 Fº

I've been doing a timelapse taking pictures every 15 minutes with a cheap ip cam so there's not much detail but one can access growth easily. 1 day or so of footage is lacking in the beginning of the video.

[video=dailymotion;x2aqmca][/video]

Can I have your opinion on how they look so far?

Thank you all!

:welcome: theoroij! Great to have you with us. I think you're off to a great start. :) How close are your lights to your plants? You're using fluorescents so they can be set to almost touching. I try to keep mine within an inch or two but you can go even closer (just not touching) at the stage you're at. By putting them as close as possible you can avoid your plants stretching and they'll become solid instead of spindly. Your lighting schedule and temperatures look fine. I would strongly suggest getting something to measure humidity and a ph meter is an absolute MUST! Both of those items are really inexpensive at a Wallyworld or most any hardware. I also suggest every new member start a grow journal. This allows our experienced experts to find your grow and offer tips to you. You will find helpful links in below in my signature. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and use the search feature often! Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing your posts! :peace:

:welcome: theoroij! Great to have you with us. I think you're off to a great start. :) How close are your lights to your plants? You're using fluorescents so they can be set to almost touching. I try to keep mine within an inch or two but you can go even closer (just not touching) at the stage you're at. By putting them as close as possible you can avoid your plants stretching and they'll become solid instead of spindly. Your lighting schedule and temperatures look fine. I would strongly suggest getting something to measure humidity and a ph meter is an absolute MUST! Both of those items are really inexpensive at a Wallyworld or most any hardware. I also suggest every new member start a grow journal. This allows our experienced experts to find your grow and offer tips to you. You will find helpful links in below in my signature. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and use the search feature often! Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing your posts! :peace:

:cheesygrinsmiley: Thank you for your reply! The lights are about 5 inches from the top of the plants, I started at 10 inches and kept lowering until they stopped stretching. I was afraid of burning them, also the plant in the video gets less light because the pot is under the end of the tubes, the other one is in the center... Not that I don't trust what you said about moving the lights closer but I'm really afraid haha. Measure the air humidity? Or soil? The air seems moist, water droplets gather on the walls, probably too much humidity right? I keep wiping the water off the walls... I'll invest in a PH meter and humidity meter, just not now cause I've already spent more than I should... I will start a journal, I understand this is not the right place to ask these questions. Thank you again :thanks:

:cheesygrinsmiley: Thank you for your reply! The lights are about 5 inches from the top of the plants, I started at 10 inches and kept lowering until they stopped stretching. I was afraid of burning them, also the plant in the video gets less light because the pot is under the end of the tubes, the other one is in the center... Not that I don't trust what you said about moving the lights closer but I'm really afraid haha. Measure the air humidity? Or soil? The air seems moist, water droplets gather on the walls, probably too much humidity right? I keep wiping the water off the walls... I'll invest in a PH meter and humidity meter, just not now cause I've already spent more than I should... I will start a journal, I understand this is not the right place to ask these questions. Thank you again :thanks:

You can really go much closer with flourescents... honestly. I was nervous about that too because although they're way cooler than HID, MH..etc.... they still do generate some heat. An inch or two away is well within the safe range. What will happen is as your plants grow the bottom leaves will not get any light penetration if you're 5 or 10 inches from the top. The temp/humidity meter I got at Wallyworld for less than $10. I don't have an actual ph meter per se... I have the test strips.. but they do work. Yeah water on the walls is probably somewhere close to 100% humidity! Our plants are pretty resilient... we make do with what we have until we can get better stuff.
Join the club brother... we ALL spent more than we should have! lol Good luck. :peace:

Hi the theoroij and welcome to the 420 community! Is that an auto or photo strain you're growing? Conditions and setup look good - off to a great start. I'd echo everything Beateo said too. Happy growing and see ya in 420, cheers

:welcome:

Hi Colorfuldayze, thank you.

I did what BEATEO said and lowered the light a bit more and also ordered a digital humidity meter, should be here in a few days...

The one in the video and her sister are skunk#1 feminized and I have 3 auto white haze feminized that haven't come out of soil yet (in soil for 3 days)

I created a journal so from now on I'll be posting changes and stuff in there... Journals are great, already learned a lot from reading other's journals including Beato's.

See ya :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom