Hello

ngutroy

Hello Fellow Smokers:

I have a question. I read somewhere that smoking thins your blood....is that true?

I am going for surgery next month and the proceedure is through a femoral artery by my groin.

I've been smoking for years, should I be concerned enough to stop until after surgery?

:/

LOL... never heard that one before!

Welcome to the 420 mag family. If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting
Or... dive right in and get to know some of the locals, the staff here are great and our members are top shelf... :Namaste:

:welcome:I'm not aware of any reports that marijuana will thin your blood, (by thinning I'm assuming you mean act as an anti-coagulant) but many other prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements are known to interact with blood thinning medications, which can make your blood either too thick or too thin.

Your doctor can order a blood test called a PT/INR to see how your blood is clotting if he/she or you are really concerned, but I don't think you have to worry.
:goodluck:

Sorry M8... even thought that is a great question... I don't usually answer questions in this sub forum.
They don't usually get the exposure they deserved in here... cheers! :Namaste:

I read it in this forum. So should I assume it's not true???

Back
Top Bottom