Help, help I'm being repressed!

Moose23

420 Member
This is my first grow....of anything. I've done my research off of forums/YT. I'm at a crossroads though.....I'll give background..

Got the seeds from Seedsman June 6th. All feminized. I DID NOT do my due diligence when it came to matching strains to growing environment, just bought seeds of what I liked/wanted to try. I had sprouts by the 12th. I live in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Temps have averaged 95+ per day for 85% of the plants life. Going to be over 103 this week. The seeds were started in just crap home depot organic soil in 2 gal pots. Everything was switched to 7gal fabric pots filled with Fox Farm Ocean Forest 2 weeks ago. That's the only "nutrients" they've been given. Saving budget for flowering nutes.

These plants get a lot of sun. I make sure of it. Direct sun from about 7am till 8pm then they are in shade until about 9pm when the sun sets. Once the sun sets they are in total darkness (unless there's a bright moon).

Everything I've read is you need a full 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness to flip to flower. I "think" they've flipped but not sure.

Full plant pic.. Devil O.G. about 65 days old..
Second pic .. Devil O.G. pistil? Is that a sign of flowering?
Third pic .. Northern Lights is it budding?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 20200813_092910~2.jpg
    20200813_092910~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 85
  • 20200813_092930~2.jpg
    20200813_092930~2.jpg
    708.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 20200813_093345.jpg
    20200813_093345.jpg
    738.7 KB · Views: 89
Hi Moose and welcome to 420 Mag! :welcome:
I does indeed appear that they have already begun to "pre-flower". That is really not too surprising because you are growing outdoors. Most of what you read regarding light hours and flowering time is geared toward the indoor growers. For outdoor growing, plants will want to start flowering late June to late July time frame (after the summer solstice). I live in Calif at 37° latitude. Your location may vary slightly. For outdoor grows, people usually get their plants started by late April/early May so that they get plenty of veg time before flowering starts.
Otherwise, your plants look pretty healthy. They just won't get super large I'm afraid. They should still continue to grow for a few more weeks during flower. Yours are currently in "pre-flower" mode (first sign of pistil stigmas), and then maybe in about 2 or 3 weeks, buds will begin to form, which is usually what I consider the beginning of flowering.

All the reading/research I've done and messed up something as simple as indoor/outdoor light cycles....

I would have had them in the ground in May but the virus delayed my shipment about a month.
The first grow is always a journey. So much to learn in a short time, but next year you'll likely have great success. Just to clarify about when to start outdoors, here's is what I usually do: I actually start my seeds indoors in late March and transplant them outside about a month after that. The virus has indeed mucked things up.

Back
Top Bottom