Help me cure my weed

giezzi92

hello, I'm having issues during my weed, I dried my weed until it felt dry to your outside and the buds snapped off instead of bending, however I've been trying to cure it for 3 weeks and I'm having a hard time telling if it's dry or too wet what's the best way to tell if weed is dry enough when curing? (other than grinding it which does the trick, but then it's a bit of a waste to grind it everytime...)

hello, I'm having issues during my weed, I dried my weed until it felt dry to your outside and the buds snapped off instead of bending, however I've been trying to cure it for 3 weeks and I'm having a hard time telling if it's dry or too wet what's the best way to tell if weed is dry enough when curing? (other than grinding it which does the trick, but then it's a bit of a waste to grind it everytime...)

Is taking a drive to a local store to pickup a mini hydrometer a possibility?
Where did you do the drying (I.e. tent, paper bag, fridge, etc)?
How's the smell? Grassy or like good bud?

Take a read in this link, good info that might help a bit.

Only way to tell for sure is with a hygrometer. 58/62% is the sweet spot.

Attachments

• 8107B86C-B306-4BAC-A980-53BDB3F5112D.jpeg
    8107B86C-B306-4BAC-A980-53BDB3F5112D.jpeg
    721.3 KB · Views: 57
Is taking a drive to a local store to pickup a mini hydrometer a possibility?
Where did you do the drying (I.e. tent, paper bag, fridge, etc)?
How's the smell? Grassy or like good bud?

Take a read in this link, good info that might help a bit.
i bought a few but delivery takes 3 weeks... it smells a bit overwhelming, maybe grassy like you say

i dry in my closet (i have good airflow)

i bought a few but delivery takes 3 weeks... it smells a bit overwhelming, maybe grassy like you say

i dry in my closet (i have good airflow)
If you get a few minutes and have a Menards or Canadian tire near by for under 10 bucks you can pick one up. It won't nearly be as good as having one in each jar, but it'll give you a ball park.
otherwise just continue burping as you have. The humidity packs help, but burp anyways as mold can still happen as JC Grow said .

So...just to add a bit (sorry - had some Cannafudge earlier:Rasta:)

Make sure your jars aren't overfilled, give them a shake when you burp, and have patience. It sounds like you did right, and if you read that guide, you should find confidence that your on the right track, from what info you posted. That grassy smell will change overtime as the cure progresses. Be on the lookout for an ammonia type smell, as it's a sign of mold. Have patience, don't rob yourself by smoking it too early...well too many samples anyways. And most importantly, congratulations on your harvest :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom