Help me pick a strain!

Mr.Hydro

I have a 12 pot drip system that is just under 12 sq ft. can anyone please help me pick a strain to focus on. Sea of green style i need to maximize my output, my state has a 12 plant limit so to keep up with my patients needs i would like to harvest every other week. I need something that will grow short, bud fast and still be the stickiest of the ickey.

I have a 12 pot drip system that is just under 12 sq ft. can anyone please help me pick a strain to focus on. Sea of green style i need to maximize my output, my state has a 12 plant limit so to keep up with my patients needs i would like to harvest every other week. I need something that will grow short, bud fast and still be the stickiest of the ickey.

I have roughly the same problem with a gro-show at a friend's house. He has about 65" of space to work with and is using the bottom 15" (which is separated of course) for cloning/vegging/mothers using 26w and 52w daylight spectrum CFLs (phenomenal for short internodes and vigor; don't forget ventilation!). Of the top 50" that remain, there's between only 30"-35" inches of usable space (after subtracting the space needed by the lamp (400w MH), the minimum (8" under optimal conditions) and maximum distance from the lights and the space taken up by containers (1 foot - 14") and hydro containers.

My suggestions for strains are based on a little research and perusing some of the better-known seed vendors on the web. Here they are with height info and flowering times included:
Caramelicious

62.00 USD
Quantity : 10 + 20 FREE
Type : Indica/sativa mix
Climate : Indoor
Yield : up to 19 ounces / 450 grams m2
Height : up to 26 inches / 65 cm
Flowering period : 8 to 9 weeks
Harvest : end of September
Stoned or High : Very strong high
THC level : strong 15% - 20%
Grow difficulty: Easy for Beginners
Description
This delicious variety with BIG fat sticky buds and sweetly caramel flavour is our favorite after dinner smoke. Caramelicious has been bred for the last 15 years with great success and happiness. This indica/sativa hybrid is crossed back and selected on her sweetly taste and great yield. A beautiful plant loads of crystals sweetly taste and a happy high. This plant is easy to grow so good for beginners.

Hindu Kush

55.80 USD
Type : Mostly indica
Yield : up to 16 ounces / 450 grams m2
Height : up to 31.5 inches / 80 cm
Flowering period : 8 weeks
Harvest : mid of september
Stoned or High : Stoned - indica body buzz
Grow difficulty: Moderate
Description
The original genes of the Hindu kush cannabis strain come from the Hindu Kush valley a mountainous area. The cannabis seeds were brought in the 1980's and crossbred with several indica varieties to create this lovely Indian type. The Hindu kush strain smells lovely the leaves are big and dark green. A beautiful tasty cannabis plant you can smoke all day.

Master Kush x Northern Light

55.80 USD
Yield : up to 15.5 ounces / 400 grams m2
Flowering period : 8 weeks
Harvest : end of September
Stoned or High : Stoney yet high - allround buzz
Grow difficulty: Easy/Moderate
Description
Master kush x Northern light cannabis is a very nice strain. The Master Kush adds its unique pungency to the Northern light in this F1 hybrid producing a short stocky plant packed with great tasting buds. High calyx to leaf ratio means the Super kush buds are solid loaded with trichomes and easy to manicure. Excellent hybrid vigor makes this an easy to grow variety well suited to beginners and seasoned growers alike.

New York Diesel

62.00 USD
Yield : up to 17.5 ounces / 500 grams m2
Height : up to 25 inches / 65 cm
Flowering period : 9 to 10 weeks
Harvest : september
Stoned or High : Very strong clear yet stoney high
Grow difficulty: moderate
Description
New York Diesel cannabis seeds has it's roots in the Big Apple. It's famous for its exotic ripe red grape smell and taste. After all the great stories about the New York diesel cannabis seeds, we decided to get these cannabis seeds from a friend breeder and improve the quality to the AMS standard which our happy customers are used to find in our shop. The New York diesel you'll find here is selected by Relaximo our master breeder. The result of this selection is a higher yield up to 15% without loosing her powerful exotic qualities. New York diesel cannabis won 2nd place 2001, 2003 and 2004 at the High Times Cannabis Cup for best sativa/indica hybrid.

White Widow

62.00 USD
Yield : up to 17.5 ounces / 500 grams m2
Flowering period : 8 to 9 weeks
Harvest : end of sept. / mid. oct.
Stoned or High: Very strong uplifting yet stoney high
Grow difficulty: Moderate
Description
White widow cannabis strain is the strongest weed in the world. White widow cannabis is a cross of an Indian indica and Brazilian sativa strain. White widow is well known for her big shiny crystallized THC buds. She is named for the abundance of trichomes, giving the plant a whitish tint. White widow produces a very large yield and she's very famous for her potency. The cannabis buds have so much sparkly and sticky THC crystals on them that it is hard to see the white widow bud at all. The high is extreme and the taste divine. White widow cannabis weed/seed has won more Cups than any other cannabis strain before. White widow is on the top of all dutch coffeeshop menu's [mostly the rewarded coffeeshops!] White widow cannabis seeds is a must for anyone who thinks he/she is a smoker !! The taste is very fruity. When drying, it can smell like overripe apples.

AK 47 SEEDS WAS £49 GBP ($74 USD) 10 AK 47 Seeds
2003: 2nd - High Times Cannabis Cup (Sativa Cup)
1999: 2nd - High Times Cannabis Cup (Sativa Cup)
1996: 3rd - High Times Cannabis Cup (Hydro Cup)
1994: 3rd - High Times Cannabis Cup (Overall)
1994: 2nd - High Times Cannabis Cup (Hydro Cup)
AK-47 Seeds are easy to grow yet very strong and is therefore very popular. AK 47 plants are medium height and produce excellent yields quite quickly. Extremely strong odour and smoke. Quality without compromise makes AK-47 suitable for commercial grows or home use. AK-47 has a short flowering period for a sativa, producing compact, not too leafy buds that gleam with a coat of resin crystals. AK 47 Seeds are an absolute must!
INDOOR / OUTDOOR Indoor/Outdoor
TYPE Mostly Sativa
PLANT HEIGHT Short, 45cm-55cm indoor
FLOWERING TIME 7-9 Weeks
HARVEST mid-end Oct when YIELD 350 - 500 grams/m2 Indoor

The Kushes and the White Widow are on the tall side for my friend's gro but the others I have confidence in to not grow out of control. Hope this helps.

Exzootic

Wouldn't you want to grow the strains your patients need for their conditions? Ask them what their favorites are, just a great place to start is all...what type of high are they looking for? You can grow and Indica, Indica/Sativa, or even a Sativa using SOG. However, easy, every two weeks, grow Indicas. Being a patient, yours will want those for most body pains. Grow Sativas for those suffering from Migraines or those that want to be high but stay active. Very easy to grow a Sativa using the SOG method but with T5's. Stay away from HID's. Can't control the height of the plant as well as you can with a flourescent...my two cents..hope it helps!

Wouldn't you want to grow the strains your patients need for their conditions? Ask them what their favorites are, just a great place to start is all...what type of high are they looking for? You can grow and Indica, Indica/Sativa, or even a Sativa using SOG. However, easy, every two weeks, grow Indicas. Being a patient, yours will want those for most body pains. Grow Sativas for those suffering from Migraines or those that want to be high but stay active. Very easy to grow a Sativa using the SOG method but with T5's. Stay away from HID's. Can't control the height of the plant as well as you can with a flourescent...my two cents..hope it helps!

This is smart! This is how those "good" caregivers have been in business for a long time. if you don't grow what you patients want then they wont stick around long enough for you to benefit. I just ordered some Maui Wowie seeds for a 70 year old patient because he requested it. When I informed him of that he was excited. Think I have another loyal patient? You bet!

On the flip side you migth want to grow 2 or 3 quick flowering yielders with every grow in order to keep upa steady supply.

CGs

Thanks for all the advice. I am all about what the patient wants and will grow whatever he asks for. I have been leaning on the indica side for his nueropathy. but i think white widow is what i will try next, he loves those trichomes

Back
Top Bottom