Help Me Please - What Temp Can i Get Away With?

smoke2die4

Ok so i have a grow tent that is 8x4x7 i got an 6 inch inline fan that is connected to a charcol filter and rand ran through two sunstar reflectors and going outside. I have asquirel cage fan that i am sucking air from an ac unit into the tent with and the tent is still 81 gegrees. I am not running a CO2 system so i was wondering would my plants still grow well in the tent with the temp being around 82 the humidiety is around 35%. Any ideas to help get the temp down and humidity up? My main source of heat in the tent is my 1000Watt Mh bulbi got the balast out side of the tent to help keep the heat down too. i also have a humidifier in the tent but it doesnt seem to have much of an effect since i have a lot if air movement. I am about to go buy a T5 8 bulb light if i cant get the temp down but i would like to save the money if possible? Should i maybe get a bigger inline fan? Right now i have a 6 inch hurrican but i was thinking i can do some rearranging and use the 6 inch to blow cool air from my ac unit into the tent and buy a 8inch to suck it out. All i would need is the 8inch inline and a reducer to make it work with my reflectors. which is a lot cheaper than buying a T5 lighting system which costs about $240. The 8inch inline fan and reducer will cost me around a $100. what do you guys think. I will be sacraficing the amount of lumens and money if i get the t5 lights. and would have wasted money i already spent on the 1000watt switchable balasts and MH bulbs i got.
It seems like the guys at the grow stores anymore just want to sell me more stuff and less concerned about actually solving my problems.
I got to admit thats why i love this site growers helping growers. i enjoy seeing people show off their grows and i cant wait to start showing mine. I got a good collection of clones i bought now i just need to get my tent set up right and get the show going

Thanks to all that reply any advise is appreciated:bravo:

20120924_011447.jpg
20120924_011508.jpg

20120924_011502.jpg
20120924_011428.jpg
20120924_011407.jpg

Here are some pics of my grow tent and room it is in and my setup. A little messy right now mainly trying to get my heat problem solved before i organize it. lol well there are some pics if you want to see what i am working with. its not much but hey its a start. The only reason the temp on the gauge says its 79 is because i had the lights off for about a 20 minutes and turned them back on to take the pic. it usually reads around 81-82 and the humidity is usually around 35.

boy does that 1000 watt MH light up the room if you look at it from the outside pics it almost blinds you. cant wait to get it over my babies.

do you think if i buy a three way 6 inch duct and have the cold air blow into the ducting and go through my lights it would help? I got alot of ideas for this problem and not a lot of cash so i kinda need to choose the best remedy and stick with it. hope to hear from some people who have delt with this problem before so i can take care of it also.

Mid 80 degree temps are not too bad. My room goes from 73-82 and I dont have a problem. The setup you have will work fine with air cooled lights.
A 1000 watt I cant imagine I have 1 400 watt + some florescent side light.

well i did some research and talking around and i decided to get another 6"inline fan. My plan now is to have a fan for the filter cleaning the air and dumping it out the top and have a dedicated 6"inline fan for the lights. I talked to one of the guys at a grow store near me and drew out what i had and what my problem was he said it is best to have the lights take air from outside the tent and blow it right through the lights and dump the hot air outside. So i will try it out and take some photos of the new layout and see what happens.

well thats at night while i am here trying to get the heat dialed in before i plant my clones. I figure if i cant get it down when it is the coldest in my place i am sure the hell not going to be able to get it down during the hottest part of the day.

i am just going to go buy a portable ac unit i am trying that one that is ment for a window but it puts off alot of heat out the back side so i cant actually put it in the tent but if i get a portable one i can exhaust the hot air from the ac out the tent.

There are ways to modify the window unit so you can vent it outdoors. [video=youtube;JI3rviFUK-k]
[/video]

I've been thinking of doing this so I can grow in the summer as well as the winter.

Back
Top Bottom