Help Needed! Newbie Grower Currious to know

db0yy45

Hey everyone.. I have a problem I was given a cutting from a plant that I'm told is about 4 months.(the owner is not a grower, the plant was given to him). Anywayz I don't really have the money for proper farming so I'm using whatever I can find around the house. I've been doing research on here and feel I have the idea of what i need to do.. When i took the cutting I soaked it tap water while making all of the cuts.. so no air got in the stem. Cut the leaves in half to reduce the surface area. 45 degree cut in stem with additional slits around the base of the stem to open it up n help form roots. Right now I have it sittin a water bottle that I wrapped in medical wrap(somethin similar to paper tape) for insulation then covered in foil so no Light gets to the root. I have that sitting in a 5 gallon cooler which I'm thinkin about usin as my pot if this baby takes off. Anywayz I have that covered with a plastic trash bag which allows some light but not too much light. I keep the whole set up in the garage at night since it stay warm in there. N during the day i set it outside where the sun can hit it. I change the water out daily to keep it fresh but now I am noticing that it the stem is beginning to turn a little brown n looks a little slimey. This is where I'm at as of now.. Does anyone have a clue as to what I should do.. I don't want it to rot or die.. but I'm clueless to whats going on.. I will post pictures when My camera charges.. p.s. since bein in this set up she has started a bud on top..
Can anyone save my baby.. Thanks for taking the time to read this.. greatly appreciate it..
-R0LLMaster D:blunt::thanks:

Re: HELP NEEDED.! Newbie Grower Currious to know..

welcome dboy45, since u r a new grower, starting off trying to clone the way you are is very difficult, if i read your post right you have it in a water bottle in a cooler covered in a plastic bag, and you say its starting to flower?plus when you start your post you say it is a cutting, is it a cutting or a clone? when you got it was there any roots? we need more info then maybe we can help you, to me it sounds like you would be better off trying to find someone who would be willing to sell you a clone or give you one, but i understand if you don't have any one to give you a clone post pics of your clone/plant
and I'm sure everyone on this forum will be more than happy to help you,
rnwy29erclr

Back
Top Bottom