Newbie Grower Here, Need Help

SensibleSal66

Hello everyone! I'm NEW to growing and have a question about Germination Methods. First off, let me say that I have a long distance friend helping out some. He recommended putting a seed in a small glass or jar with a wet paper towel. Wrapping it with clear plastic and storing it away in the dark for a few days to 2 weeks until it grows a root. Then plant the root with the seed just above the dirt. The the seed will eventually sprout out leaves and continue to grow.
Anyone hear of this method or have a different one? I would like to hear it. Thanks in advance.

This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

Hello everyone! I'm NEW to growing and have a question about Germination Methods. First off, let me say that I have a long distance friend helping out some. He recommended putting a seed in a small glass or jar with a wet paper towel. Wrapping it with clear plastic and storing it away in the dark for a few days to 2 weeks until it grows a root. Then plant the root with the seed just above the dirt. The the seed will eventually sprout out leaves and continue to grow.
Anyone hear of this method or have a different one? I would like to hear it. Thanks in advance.
Hey welcome. So I'm am fairly new myself but have had success with even tough seeds. Your friend is correct but there's a few ways to do it. For me I soak seeds in water on a heating pad until they crack in the water (usually 12-24 hours), give them a quick epsom salt bath and then into the dirt in a cup (I used styrofoam cups with holes in them which is not recommended, use plastic solo cup) with cling wrap over the top to create a humidity and moisture barrier as they don't need alot of water but must stay warm, semi dark and moist. And usually after a few days (sometimes a week) you'll see something like the pictures below. Hope I was some help.

2021_12_21_15_01_16_736.jpg

IMG_20211106_074057160.jpg

IMG_20211215_152510042~2.jpg

IMG_20211209_064833639.jpg

2021_12_05_20_33_57_331.jpg

I soak seeds 24 hrs. In glass of water and then get a zip lock bag with wet paper tower. In dark warm area. Hardly ever have any not pop. Once u find a place never change.. or find a method . Cause seeds are gold. And hate to throw good away. LOL

I usually put a wet piece of kitchen towel on a plate, seeds on top of the paper, then add another moist one on top, cover the plate with another plate turned opposite and place them on top of my fridge. I give them a few days and start checking. Once they sprout, I carefully place them either a aeroponic cloner or directly to wet rockwool.

Never had any problems.

Back
Top Bottom