Help! Problems during flower

WhiteRaptor

Please help. I'm 5 weeks in on a 10 week flower. The plants are in what I'm told at the grow shop to be a 5 gallon pot (you tell me, they look smaller). Temp is 75-76 at night and 79 during the day. There is a deficiency but I don't know where. They were vegged for 2 weeks in 1 gal pots and then vegged for 4 weeks in these pots.
I am giving them a micro, bloom, tea and cal/mag. They continue to yellow and they aren't thriving directly under the light like I thought they would.
I'm am at 1000ppm co2 during the day.
Strains are 50/50 sativa and 70/30 indica.
Anyone with advice would help.
image26560.jpg
image26559.jpg
image26558.jpg
image26555.jpg
image26556.jpg
image26557.jpg

Looks like a classic nitrogen deficiency. Possibly sulfur though. What kind of tea are you giving them with the gh? What is the pH of the feed water, and waste water?

Looks like a classic nitrogen deficiency. Possibly sulfur though. What kind of tea are you giving them with the gh? What is the pH of the feed water, and waste water?

It's not sulfur because the micro I am using has 1% sulfur. I am using Killer Tea. My pH has been 6.5 and my run off was 6.7 the other day.

what nutrient line up are you using?. It does look like a Nitrogen Deficiency. I am also going to assume your in soil as your Ph is so high.

If your running hydro:
Well that's a good start, although just because a nutrient solution has sulfur in it, doesn't mean it's getting it in the right amounts
In cannabis, sulfur is most efficient when present in the nutrient solution at 27-40 PPM. You probably won't be able to figure out if the amount of, specifically, sulfur is correct in your feed water (unless you're a math wiz), but you can adjust it by adjusting the PPM's in general or by raising or lowering the amount of micro, but you will want to delve much much deeper into your own nutrient line before you do this so you know how it will affect your nutrient solution over all.

Organics:
Well you're probably adding the right amount of sulfur then and it's time to look again and check out the deficiencies list.

I still think its nitrogen deficiency though

If your running hydro:
Well that's a good start, although just because a nutrient solution has sulfur in it, doesn't mean it's getting it in the right amounts
In cannabis, sulfur is most efficient when present in the nutrient solution at 27-40 PPM. You probably won't be able to figure out if the amount of, specifically, sulfur is correct in your feed water (unless you're a math wiz), but you can adjust it by adjusting the PPM's in general or by raising or lowering the amount of micro, but you will want to delve much much deeper into your own nutrient line before you do this so you know how it will affect your nutrient solution over all.

Organics:
Well you're probably adding the right amount of sulfur then and it's time to look again and check out the deficiencies list.

I still think its nitrogen deficiency though

I am using General Organics bloom in soil with about 6 ml/gal of micro. Could it be from too intense lighting? I have the HF Phantom double ended lamps and reflectors. They're about 30" above my plants.

I am using General Organics bloom in soil with about 6 ml/gal of micro. Could it be from too intense lighting? I have the HF Phantom double ended lamps and reflectors. They're about 30" above my plants.

Yes, it definitely looks like it could be light burn. 30 inches sounds fine for non air cooled reflectors though. I don't know alot about double ended lamps, but I hear they give of a higher intensity light and people usually run them right around 3 feet above the canopy. Your almost at that height though so I'm not too convinced that it's light burn.

So this is what I'm getting about the nutes:
You are using GO bloom (just the stock package bloom nute), 6ml/g of GH micro, plus there are nutrients in your soil?

GO and GH might work together, but your feeding schedule sounds like a weird combo to me especially since you've got unknown nutrients with the soil you're using (I'm assuming you didn't amend the soil yourself)

I am using GO bloom with GO cal/mag and Biolink micro. I have 707 soil mixed with black gold. I didn't amend the soil myself. Why does my feeding schedule sound weird?

Ok, that doesn't sound as weird as I thought it was, but I think your best bet would be to use the GO line like GO says to use it until you get to know the line of nutrients a little better, when you will be able to make adaptions and measurement changes according to what the plants prefer, but it should work just fine with the feed chart they put out.

Option 1: Calmag usually has iron in it so, if there is such a thing as iron toxicity, you could cause that to happen by adding the biolink micro (2%iron) to your nutrient solution. Westbridges website says to use it in cases where the plant is deficient in micro nutrients, so I would only use it if you start to see a deficiency that you can identify as, specifically, Iron, Manganese, or Zinc.

Option 2: Lock out looks alot like what you have going on. Have you tried flushing them since this started?

Option 2: Lock out looks alot like what you have going on. Have you tried flushing them since this started?

No I have not. The odd thing is one of my 3 strains is unaffected by whatever is going on. The smaller plants are less affected by it as well.

No I have not. The odd thing is one of my 3 strains is unaffected by whatever is going on. The smaller plants are less affected by it as well.

How long has it been going on? Do the smaller plants become more affected as they get bigger? The one strain that is not affected, did you pop it from seed or is it a clone? How about the affected ones, seed or clone?

How long has it been going on? Do the smaller plants become more affected as they get bigger? The one strain that is not affected, did you pop it from seed or is it a clone? How about the affected ones, seed or clone?

The yellowing started when they were flipped to flower. It was very gradual at first, a leaf here, a leaf there. Then it started to get a lot worse.
The smaller plants will never be affected because they aren't going to get any bigger. They're on week 5 of an 8 week flower and the size of their buds are far superior of any of the others.
They were all started from clones.

The yellowing started when they were flipped to flower. It was very gradual at first, a leaf here, a leaf there. Then it started to get a lot worse.
The smaller plants will never be affected because they aren't going to get any bigger. They're on week 5 of an 8 week flower and the size of their buds are far superior of any of the others.
They were all started from clones.

More questions:
What are your watering habits, size of pot, and size of the affected plants?
What's the high/low temp of the room?

I'm definitely kind of stumped on this one, and hoping someone else is following this and might chime in.

More questions:
What are your watering habits, size of pot, and size of the affected plants?
What's the high/low temp of the room?

I'm definitely kind of stumped on this one, and hoping someone else is following this and might chime in.

I check the soil moisture with a moisture probe, but it's roughly 35 gals per week. The pots are 5 gallon however they appear smaller (see pic). They were all begged for the same amount of time, but the smaller strain is about 12"+ smaller. Temps are 75-79

I check the soil moisture with a moisture probe, but it's roughly 35 gals per week. The pots are 5 gallon however they appear smaller (see pic). They were all begged for the same amount of time, but the smaller strain is about 12"+ smaller. Temps are 75-79

Do you leave water in the trays when you water? If you do, how long does it sit in there until the plant soaks it up?

argh, I can't figure this one out. With all evironmental and water questions out of the way, my next step would be to look into a possible pythium or other root/systemic diseases that may be causing this. You'll get a minor in mycology just looking into the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom