HELP! Seedling drooping 1 day old

CookieMan

Passionado
Hi, I'm new here but have a decent knowledge of growing but i'm having a problem with one of my seedlings. I already searched on here and other places but i have been unable to find an answer to my specific problem.

Heres the problem. One of the seedlings, the biggest and first one to have those two tiny leaves, the rest haven't really opened up all the way yet. Well this morning the leaves were open and looked really healthy. Now i came home tonight and it is drooping, the two oval leaves are bent over all the way and curling in towards the stem.

The seeds have been in rapid rooter plugs and are under a 400W MH that was about 2.5 feet above the tray, but is now about 4 feet away as i read the light being too close can burn the seedlings. The leaves are a light green and i don't see anything that looks burned. Air temp has been right around 80 the whole time with the seedlings under a humidity dome. I've been checking on the moisture of the plugs regularly and noticed they seem to dry out a little and get to where i can barely feel any moisture in them so i've been watering them about twice a day, the humidty dome didn't get any moisture on the inside untill i sealed it up with some plastic wrap and that slowed how fast they dried. Also when this seedling came up the shell of the seed rose up above the soil but didn't come off and was barely hanging and came off with a little coaxing when i was wattering.

Please let me know what you think, sorry i don't have any pictures. I hope i didn't kill it.

are you opening the dome atleast once a day to let fresh air in? And are you spraying down the plants with a water bottle as well as spraying the inside of the dome as to produce humidity? My hydro store salesman recommended to me to poke holes in the hydro dome to allow fresh air in. I haven't had any problems doing so.

thanks stix, my roommate and i decided to transplant the seedlings figuring the dirt wouldn't hurt and might provide some nutes to help them thrive. When we pulled the rapid rooter plugs out almost all of them had about a 1 cm root sticking out the bottom, almost 3cm out the bottom of the one that was wilting so we're guessing that might've had something to do with the ill health of the plant. Hopefully this fixes the problem and the seedling revives.

I'm not using nutes but i figured transplanting to a rich soil wouldn't be bad, the one i was concerened about looks to be about the same, maybe a little better since the first set of serrated leaves is a little bit bigger today, but the embrionic leaves are still drooping about the same.

Back
Top Bottom